News Why Canterbury Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo must accept criticism of his own performance

GTOWN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What if….

it wasn’t the first time the player has been late? What if they have tried everything else to get him on track, from fines to being dropped… what if it was 2 he had to wrestle the first time, then 4, then 8, then this time the staff had enough and said if your not going to get it together, just wrestle the whole team… as a last resort to get the player to show up on time

What if there’s more to the story than just the one session reported?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What if….

it wasn’t the first time the player has been late? What if they have tried everything else to get him on track, from fines to being dropped… what if it was 2 he had to wrestle the first time, then 4, then 8, then this time the staff had enough and said if your not going to get it together, just wrestle the whole team… as a last resort to get the player to show up on time

What if there’s more to the story than just the one session reported?
That's not really very fair to pose a question like that unless you know for a fact. Otherwise you are alluding to more tardiness from the player. There's been far too much goss and innuendo about the circumstances and we should be listening to Gus and CC and just accept what they have stated about the issue. There is a young man's mental welbeing here. He coped the punishment. If he can't hack it then Gus and CC will deal with it.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul Crawleys brother 'Mick' is assistant coach at the Raiders and his brother Steve Crawley is the executive at Fox Sports. No wonder Ricky never cops any criticism from the media. Not one opinion piece is written about him.

When Ricky labeled Salmon "A weak gutted dog" . There was nothing at all written about him by the Telegraph and Fox news.

Infact Kent came out to support him. It's great to have friends in the media.

View attachment 80722
This is by far the stupidest comment made on here.

Ever.

Are you suggesting that NRL journalists have agenda's and their stories are influenced by these agenda's ?????

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As soon as any negative story comes out about the Doggies there's a que to put the boot in and as a longtime supporter my opinion is Ciraldo has copped enough in regards to this story and he's said what he want's when it comes to his coaching, the only thing that keeps this story going is certain people who want the dog's to fold and enjoy seeing us tethered to the bottom of the table, how about the media talk about the player/s who weren't happy with CC's coaching/training and had a massive whinge and probably got paid x amount of $ for their story because they weren't offered another contract.
Also whether the player has mental health issues or not why is it that his family, friends and manager couldn't tell him not to go to the media, just look at Gus and CC they have kept that player's name out of the media to protect him which is the right thing to do and yet not one journalist has said good on Gus/CC for keeping the certain players name out of the headlines, no they would rather focus on CC's training jmo!!!
A reminder the player in question was quoted as saying “he would do anything for the club” - in the context of the issue… that’s not the case.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's not really very fair to pose a question like that unless you know for a fact. Otherwise you are alluding to more tardiness from the player. There's been far too much goss and innuendo about the circumstances and we should be listening to Gus and CC and just accept what they have stated about the issue. There is a young man's mental welbeing here. He coped the punishment. If he can't hack it then Gus and CC will deal with it.
Should be that simple

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I support Ciraldo trying to harden up the squad and weed out the weaker players, and hope Ciraldo turns the club around next year.

I don't agree with most of what's said in that article, but the coach of any team in any sport should also be looking at their own performance to see how they could have handled things better (not in relation to this BS story but the season itself) or how they can improve as a coach. A coach should always be evolving and learning. Hopefully Ciraldo learns a lot from this year... The point is, everyone needs to improve and lift their game, including all of the coaches.
Yes exactly. Webster has transformed the Warriors in 1 season. Walters has turned it around at Broncs in 3 seasons. Interesting to see how Flanagan goes at Dragons. If they lift big time then pressure will really mount on Ciraldo. However I back CC to weed out the chaff & get our team heading north on the table in ‘24. Still some additions in the forwards to make in the meantime.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I do agree but if there was previous signs of mental issues then it is a different story.
Which is why I don’t believe it or it’s been severely exaggerated. Ciro is a known quality man manager - Dylan Edwards confirmed this only yesterday not to mention he flew to Fiji for Kik’s fathers funeral. I doubt he was aware of mental health issues with any player and treated them inappropriately with that knowledge.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why is it, if something goes wrong with someone, it's the old mental illness.

Just own your shit, instead of coming up with the poor woe is me.

I am not saying CC i& Gus isn't 100% innocent, I do think in somethings they are deflecting the fuck ups they have done & laying it on the players.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it has more to do with self-adulation, of wanting to imply prestige where none exists, than protecting themselves from any liability.

These clowns know that they're nothing more than parasitic gossips. Calling themselves a "Masthead" is nothing more than a self-administered overdose of 'Copium'.
These blokes aren’t referring to themselves as the Masthead though … the masthead is the platform they’re writing for and everyone that has anything to do with the publication of that platform …

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
From an outsider I think it's way to early for anybody to judge CC. He's a rookie brought into a club that needs some repair and that's not turned around in 1 season.
Experienced coaches get it wrong.....Robbo dropping Walker, moving Manu to 5/8, playing Suallii out of position.

That I don't have time for because he's not a rookie coach.

End of next season might be a better time to jstart looking at how'hes going.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i was once late to work because centenary drive was fucked with all lanes closed and there was no way out, if they tried to humiliate me over it i would have quit and hated them for it

what is the line? if his punishment was a gangbang ass fucking from the squad then im sure we would say they have crossed the line, so there must be a line

ass fucking - not acceptable
strip player down naked and put a butt plug up his ass - not acceptable
THE LINE
12 on 1 wrestling while he is injured - acceptable
I think you definitely need your asshole plugged by 12 african dudes

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Ciraldo reminds me of the bad coach from kerate kid

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just heard Mason. I understand his sentiments, realise his passion, but gee there is a way to get your point across..he is on the coaching staff..you gotta he more professional when you’re airing your views in a public forum..

IMG_5543.jpeg

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Just heard Mason. I understand his sentiments, realise his passion, but gee there is a way to get your point across..he is on the coaching staff..you gotta he more professional when you’re airing your views in a public forum..

View attachment 80779
especially when he broke contract after not being able to fulfill the clubs schedule either