Opinion Why Canterbury believes its utility player strategy can help get the club back on track

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
At least we know what the top 8 is. Lol

And had the better Reynolds. haha
Yeh it’s great you can replace that last team that choked the grand final with the unloseable almost a decade ago… oh wait that was broncos then. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Love how bronco fans think they are something special. They have had it handed to them since entering and have done fuck all in almost 2 decades besides claim a spoon.

Not worth bragging about. Dogs have made grand finals and lost them too in that decade too.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Because whenever Gus has a meeting with someone he tips off the media to come take photos so it looks like he’s doing his job lol
Does plays the media the way he wants to & outsmarts them 9/10 times. My question hasn’t been answered yet

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Does plays the media the way he wants to & outsmarts them 9/10 times. My question hasn’t been answered yet
How does he outsmart them? Usually his antics are driven by ego and generate negative publicity for the club. I think he more time thinking of ways to get one over his media enemies than he spends thinking of how to run the club.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does he outsmart them? Usually his antics are driven by ego and generate negative publicity for the club. I think he more time thinking of ways to get one over his media enemies than he spends thinking of how to run the club.
Spot on @Flanagun

The game Gould knows is from another era we are seeing this more and more

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I got lost somewhere on the 3rd line but….hell it sounds mighty impressive, so I’ll run with your technical explanation of Gus’s strategy. Sounds good to me….[emoji5]
Lol there was only 4 lines so you almost made it. But you get the drift. Not sure if its Gus's and CC's reason for so many utilities. I think they see it as more practical in having players to plug holes during injuries and more experience and competition. But its all good no matter which reasons.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The media are OBSESSED by him, particularly Buzz. They are putty in his hands & generate so much interest in our club. When you’re a sponsor that’s generally a good thing too. Would you rather us not have Gus?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The media are OBSESSED by him, particularly Buzz. They are putty in his hands & generate so much interest in our club. When you’re a sponsor that’s generally a good thing too. Would you rather us not have Gus?
I feel he has too much control. The older he gets, the more mistakes he makes…. I think he’s a bit out of touch, fam.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I believe the opposite. The fact that we are relying on the likes of Hutchison, mann, salmon, turpin, tafe etc to drive us forward just screams alarm bells. Im not usually a gambler but I will be sounding out a bookmaker who can give me the best possible odds for us winning the spoon and will be prepared to wage 5 figures on this. We are certainties
That’s the spirit.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
More like its just how things ended up, at least they are first grade names, just gotta squeeze them in their best spots, still need that one more big fooker but thats where RFM comes good and we make do.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If you said that to anyone actually involved in the game they’d laugh at you
Doubt it would be the first time either.

One of Polly’s funniest was saying that other clubs know how to promote their new recruits better than than Bulldogs because Jake Averillo was ‘on a Dolphins sponsors panel’ - meanwhile Blake Taffe was launching the 2024 Bulldogs jersey. Oh, Polly :tearsofjoy:.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doubt it would be the first time either.

One of Polly’s funniest was saying that other clubs know how to promote their new recruits better than than Bulldogs because Jake Averillo was ‘on a Dolphins sponsors panel’ - meanwhile Blake Taffe was launching the 2024 Bulldogs jersey. Oh, Polly :tearsofjoy:.
Makes you wonder how the fuck are they bulldogs fans.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel he has too much control. The older he gets, the more mistakes he makes…. I think he’s a bit out of touch, fam.
@Flanagun it's a different game now to the one he understands and likes. You just have to hear Gus commentate to know he's from a different era. Especially with Concussion and being so Sydney-centric. Listen to his commentaries from 1994-95 compared to now. Only Peter Sterling was on Gould's level for reading the game back in those days. Now it's not as sharp and on point with the game of today. Gould still has a lot of strengths. He also has glaring weaknesses a lot of them are becoming more apparent now. He has total complete control of the club and it's only his part time job during the season. We have locked out a lot of the media and become a Nine 6pm News and Sun Herald exclusive club.