Opinion Why Canterbury believes its utility player strategy can help get the club back on track

RXDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Typical salty responses from some after being slapped in the face with cold hard facts
Have you sounded out that bookmaker yet? Remember the one you are prepared to wage 5 figures on for us to get the spoon. That was the middle of December & we still haven't seen your proof.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ur wrong, it is not sensationalisation. Lets break it down:

Kurt mann
178 games played
Fullback x 9, Wing x 19, Center x 45, five eight x 33, halfback x 6, hooker x 8, lock x 13, bench x 45
= UTILITY

Connor tracey
66 games played
Fullback x 6, wing x 15, Centre x 21, five eight x 9, halfback x 1, bench x 14
= UTILITY

Jerman salmon
61 games played
Five eight x 15, bench x 46 (came on in halves, Centre, second row from bench for penrtih
= UTILITY

Drew Hutchison
75 games played
Centre x 9, five eight x 22, halfback x 9, hooker x 11, bench x 24
= UTILITY

Blake taafe
65 games played (nrl/nsw cup)
37 x fullback, 7 x five eight, 9 x halfback, 12 x bench
= UTILITY

So 5 out of our 10 recruits are truly utilitys. Not a media exaggerate what so ever
Hang on there 04, I'm still trying to work out what the deal is with Luai, why did we release him to the tigers after we signed him on overs and what ever happened to the 10mil payout to Karl O. Now I have to deal with 5 utilities. Hell man, I'm starting to think the moon landing was fake too.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hang on there 04, I'm still trying to work out what the deal is with Luai, why did we release him to the tigers after we signed him on overs and what ever happened to the 10mil payout to Karl O. Now I have to deal with 5 utilities. Hell man, I'm starting to think the moon landing was fake too.
Don't be like that.

In next years Supercoach, @04 Dreaming will have Luai playing for the Dogs so he is not wrong.

What he hates is that Gus signed Luai on overs for his Supercoach team.

#sack Gus

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Will see ball playing lock
Ball playing lock doesn't work in regards to Mann when considering utilisation in 'Panthers' style of play. He's not an imposing physical threat through the middle third, which makes him way easier to read. Not saying he can't play lock in smaller stints when required, he just won't be able to replicate the Yeo style Barrett liked and now Ciraldo.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ball playing lock doesn't work in regards to Mann when considering utilisation in 'Panthers' style of play. He's not an imposing physical threat through the middle third, which makes him way easier to read. Not saying he can't play lock in smaller stints when required, he just won't be able to replicate the Yeo style Barrett liked and now Ciraldo.
Where do you play him then?
The backline is full the spine is full .
His not small either his 6foot tall 90kg.
Also if mann plays lock it brings taffee in as 14
So you will have
Tracey , Curren, taffee and Mann all playing first grade.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Where do you play him then?
The backline is full the spine is full .
His not small either his 6foot tall 90kg.
Also if mann plays lock it brings taffee in as 14
So you will have
Tracey , Curren, taffee and Mann all playing first grade.
You play Mann at lock or hooker off the bench when required, or when it's most advantageous to have him on

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im in the Taafe at fullback corner, with our halves being so limited at setting up plays we neeeed a ball playing fullback and thats not Crichton..
That’s why I think Tracey should be fullback.