Why Bulldogs WILL NOT make the Top 8 in 2022 | NRL | Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So many variables.
Clubs expectations.
If we perform poorly, pressure from media and fans.
Injuries.
Player movements (if any) before next season starts.
With a stronger squad, the fact that almost anything next year will be an improvement on 2021 will go in his favor.
Covid. Still don't know whats going to happen and "if" it will affect the competition. Assumptions can be made, we're not there yet.

Importantly, what is Gus's influence on coaching? Nil, alot, simply a sounding board for Baz? I have no idea. Dont think lll care if we are winning games and looking like we are building to be a threat in the competition again?

My thinking is at this stage is impossible to know if we will make the 8.
I have no expectations of where we will sit on the ladder.
I think its more important to see vast improvement not just off the back of individuals talent but consistent team performance.
i think gus will have zero impact on coaching, he has already stated that. You employ a coach to coach and he will be a sounding board to Tbaz nothing more. In his same role at the warriors, Brown said Gus had zero impact and i expect that to continue.
It also make tbaz easier to be sacked by Gus also if he has zero impact into game plans etc.