Why aren't we pursuing Josh Dugan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The issue is that the Dragons see Dugan as a centre and are offering him centre money. He's not happy. The deal is 3 years and he believes he's worth more than the reported 650-700K a season. Canterbury need a fullback and my information is that their offer is substantially better than the Dragons. Of course no one is talking . Things will only change should Saints up their offer. I can't see it happening.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would have Dugan in my team, any day of the week.

I prefer an out-and-out fullback in our structure. Problem is, he is injury prone, and could be a culture wrecker.

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Heard again yesterday evening from someone who is kind of in the know about these things i stretch the word KIND of haha that we are having a strong look at Dugan. All those rumours last week amid he had signed were just stemming from the news we are having a good look at him. Josh got quoted in the Foxsports article overnight “Hopefully it’s with the Dragons. I want to stay at the Dragons but as a player you’ve got to look after you future and your family’s future as well.” Which doesn't sound to concrete at all!

Link: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...y/news-story/cabf67d3894a31bdb962c62d9c758914

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Because we are apparently signing Luke Patten tomorrow

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dugan isnt a game breaker. I dont think he's in the top 5 Fullbacks in the League. Others i'd be looking at before him, especially if he's commanding so much. Plus he's a Morale breaker.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
His latest comments suggest he is softening up the Dragons fans because he is signing somewhere else. It's playing out the same way the Josh Reynolds situation did.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol his shit.

He's or he is you mean or his actually shit?
Ok well since u want me to be more specific ok ,he's a shit player and overrated hope that satisfies your sweet spot.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only way I see it is that he played origin there and went well ,we all know des has a hard on for origin players

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The only way I see it is that he played origin there and went well ,we all know des has a hard on for origin players
Am I missing something in the interpretation here? He went well at FB at Origin and that is somehow a negative because Des likes players who play well in Origin? What am I missing. PS. I don't rate Dugan above Hoppa so I would be happy if we didn't waste money on him but if as it seems Hoppa is already gonski then we need a replacement.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dugan might not be everyone's cup of tea but one thing he's not is shit

Your kidding if you wouldn't want a Dugan I your side.
If we are guaranteed Foran then I'm all for Dugan as a running fullback. We just need that lynch pin in the halves otherwise it all falls apart.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dugan wants to stay at the Roosters but the Roosters won't pay him the money he deserves. Unless the Roosters change their mind in the next few weeks he will be on the market. But we still have the one player problem. We can either sign Foran or Dugan. If we don't sign Foran then I have no problem signing Dugan. But he'll be asking $800k

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dugan wants to stay at the Roosters but the Roosters won't pay him the money he deserves. Unless the Roosters change their mind in the next few weeks he will be on the market. But we still have the one player problem. We can either sign Foran or Dugan. If we don't sign Foran then I have no problem signing Dugan. But he'll be asking $800k
Dragons u mean

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Dugan might not be everyone's cup of tea but one thing he's not is shit

Your kidding if you wouldn't want a Dugan I your side.
I don't think any FG player is shit and it is disrespectful for us nonentities to say so, but I'm not wrapped in the fact that he doesn't have any sort of passing game or even an offload. The only question he puts to the defence is based on his own running. There are no other options when he has the ball in his hands, just like Josh Hoffman - it's like they gave birth to the ball. I'm sure if we do end up with him that Foran might find some holes for him to hit but he won't set anything up in his own right.

Status
Not open for further replies.