Who would you rather Kikau or Cheese ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kikau for 800K or Cheese for 850K ?

Just shows we had the money for Cheese if we really wanted him. I'm still wondering if we even made an offer. Remember when his manager said he got 4 offers (3 QLD clubs and Roosters obviously) but never got one from the club he really wanted ?

If we can get BOTH Kikau and Mahoney then it's worth missing out on Cheese and I think everyone would agree.

Wouldn't it be unreal if we shed all the deadwood and got Paulo as well ? Could be possible if we shed Thompson, RFM, Stimson, Vaughan and maybe Allan

This pack would rival our 2004 pack. Remember compared to other teams we're saving big time on 1,6 and 7

8 Junior Paulo
9 Reed Mahoney
10 TPJ
11 Villiame Kikau
12 Jack Hetherington
13 Josh Jackson

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Said similar in an early page of the Kikau thread does make one wonder...Mahoney will be good but if we don't get him?? ....

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Signings are a two way street. Sure clubs can want players to sign, but equally the player themselves must want to join the club for it to happen. From media reports it appears we showed interest in Brandon Smith, but he didn’t reciprocate. I am happy with snaring Kikau on the proviso we still have money available to improve our spine.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd prefer Cheese or Mahoney. I'd even say Gutherson (or Manu but no chance of happening). After all those options Kikau might be then next best buy tho.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I doubt his contract is as high as indicated, Fam. The media always inflates. Having said that, I’m pretty lukewarm on the Kikau signing. Still don’t and never have wanted the Cheese, though. Mahoney, please. Namaste

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
But Kikau for JJ is awesome.
I don’t think so, Fam. Great packs need a combination of workhorse and impact. JJ and kikau are very different players. If we were to replace JJ it should be for a player with a great work rate who can help hold our d together. He’d be more suitable as a replacement for an RFM type player.

I think kikau had a pretty ordinary year and was surprised by his dally m honours. if this is true, I really hope he returns to his 2020 form or he may prove to be a big mistake. Namaste.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d take Kikau on our squad over gutho etc.

I would prefer cheese but it’s a different role.

We land Mahoney? Great. We are sorted.

The role Kikau plays is a roll we haven’t got. Especially if tpj moves in.

An out and out big man out wide who can run through you, set up your backs and demands attention anywhere.

We haven’t had that since frank.

Let’s hope he’s more like frank than trex.

I feel confident he will be as he has more **** in him the Sherex.

Also the fact he will have someone like Pangai with him that is bound to make him fire up.

The only thing others need to realise is Vaughan and rfm could go before he’s here.

Elliot’s 500k there?

Hetho too (player option)

Stimson gone.

Waddell, Jackson, Thompson, all potentially gone in next 1-2 years?

It literally only leaves Pangai and Kikau locked in! Happy days.

Just need a Fucking 9!

If we have Mahoney locked with burton we are in good enough shape to run with dufty and bbo/averilo.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kikau for 800K or Cheese for 850K ?

Just shows we had the money for Cheese if we really wanted him. I'm still wondering if we even made an offer. Remember when his manager said he got 4 offers (3 QLD clubs and Roosters obviously) but never got one from the club he really wanted ?

If we can get BOTH Kikau and Mahoney then it's worth missing out on Cheese and I think everyone would agree.

Wouldn't it be unreal if we shed all the deadwood and got Paulo as well ? Could be possible if we shed Thompson, RFM, Stimson, Vaughan and maybe Allan

This pack would rival our 2004 pack. Remember compared to other teams we're saving big time on 1,6 and 7

8 Junior Paulo
9 Reed Mahoney
10 TPJ
11 Villiame Kikau
12 Jack Hetherington
13 Josh Jackson
Cheese can eat a dick. Fat fuck dog.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully with the Kikau signing it might entice Mahoney to sign on the dotted line. If we can snag Mahoney, that would be huge. I hope it happens. I'm so hanging for him to sign but fear that with Parra not signing a few players are getting reading to throw alot of money at him/

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully with the Kikau signing it might entice Mahoney to sign on the dotted line. If we can snag Mahoney, that would be huge. I hope it happens. I'm so hanging for him to sign but fear that with Parra not signing a few players are getting reading to throw alot of money at him/
Agree. If we land Mahoney we are in good space with a solid roster overall.

If we miss him we need a 9 to get the most out of Pangai Thompson Kikau

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The cheese has gone off....out of date.........mouldy.........green..........fuck the cheese!

I agree with an earlier comment in that the Cheese is a bit fond of himself and has shown no real interest in us, especially since
November 1. If he was keen he would be signed by now.
So I say, save your breath over this bloke, save your energy and save your keystrokes.
If he wants to play hard to get led him go and play hide and seek with himself !

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not that easy to just say Smith for $850k. Even if we offered him $850k I doubt he would come.

Most of his family are in Sth Qld so the Titans and Dolphins have a fair advantage there. They are actually offering around $850k so we would have to beat that.

I think you will find Baz tried to get him but he has no interest in coming to the Dogs

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This signing provides a lot of players off contract over the next few years some food for thought.
18 Months ago it would have been a no no to any bulldogs offer.