Opinion Who would you prefer out of Ben Hunt or Shaun Johnson ?

Who would you prefer out of Hunt or Johnson

• Total voters

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
33 is the new late 20’s now. So much science goes into their bodies now and 100’s of $$ goes into recovery each week
DCE and Hunt are great examples of this
Players are also better protected especially playmakers.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hunt would be great for the experience he brings.

Can teach the up & comers a thing or two.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Braydon trindall + with the savings some front rowers...
Exactly this. Not to mention Trindall is 24 and has a long career still to come. We need a style of half. A game manager SJ isn’t what we need. Hunt is the style we need. However when looking at paying double for someone that is 10 years older. Trindall is by far and away the better option.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The only reason I would be reluctant to sign him.
Haha, nah bro… his mind would never be with us even if he was wearing our jersey !!! Be a waste of money!!

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I don't understand the Huntmania - he is a good player but a better 9 than 7, and we have got an elite 9. Broncos chose Kodi Nikorima over him to play 7, and, it could be argued he reinvented himself as a 9 to stay in first grade. St George play him in either spot, depending on their needs of the moment. We would also have to pay massive overs to get him, and no club wins a premiership with over paid players on their roster without rorting the salary cap.
It's not so much Huntmania but rather we look rudderless most often than not and he's miles better than what we currently have. KO is still very young and raw, BBO hasn't really knocked the door down and Nu Brown is more of a 5/8 or utility.
Burton is gonna need all the help and experience he can get.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice intercept attempt with your team about to lose, sign him up !!

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Hunt is probs the 3rd best 7 in the game behind only Cleary and DCE and the 2 nd best 9 behind only grant. Seems likeable too! If there is any chance of going for him go all in!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hunt has been speaking with Shane Flanagan who may or may not have already applied for the Dragon job lol
Impending circus this shit ..... the interim coach Carr looked unimpressed.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
SJ is either staying at NZ or retiring. He doesn't want to leave family again. No point

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johnston + a 400-500K decent middle OR Hunt only at 1.2K ?

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hunt is the half for the team running last.
Let's just imagine if Renolds or Cleary or another top flight half was running out for the Dragons. Would they be running last?
There are suggestions that Hunt along with a good prop would jettison us into the top 4. I would love to believe this but I would be kidding myself. Hunt and any other half currently in the bottom 4 are very unlikely to help our situation in my opinion. There is no easy fix for gaining entry into the top 4.
I still trust is our process. Not convinced Hunt can help.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, signing hunt will set us back another 3-5 years. We’ll get maybe 1 good year out of him then a couple of average ones as he enters retirement. Might guide us to 10th or 11th at best then we’re fucked with no halfback as he retires

We need to target a Cogger or Fogarty type. Mature halfback with plenty of years left to give

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My worry with Johnson is he’s playing probably the best footy I’ve seen him play, where as in the past I don’t believe he’s lived up to the hype ..

Oddly enough it happens to be a contract year, most likely his last one .. so it obviously needs to be a good one ..

Once he signs what he knows will be his last one, will the care factor be there ..

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I would take both lol, but Ben Hunt seems much more complete and offers more.