Opinion Who would you keep of the off Contract 15 (Poll)

Who would you keep of the off Contract 15

• Renouf Atoni

Votes: 107 64.5%
  • Chris Smith

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Jayden Okunbor

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • Ofahiki Ogden

Votes: 20 12.0%
  • Will Hopoate

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • Sione Katoa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lachlan Lewis

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Jeremy Marshall King

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Meaney

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Dylan Napa

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who would you Keep and Why ?

If i had to choose only one, it would be Atoni, i feel that he is the right style of Prop for the new rules . he is also most likely to break a game open..

Poll will only allow me to have 10..

I left Britt, Chrichton, Roumanous, Tui Katoa and Harding out of the poll, because i expect them to have the least amount of votes..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Renouf and Okonbur even then they are both being signed on potential unless they step up this year.

If Atoni doesn’t become a genuine NRL prop this year I don’t think he ever will. His trial form looked good so I’m confident he will take the next step this year.

Okunbor on a low contract is a good signing. He is a big body who is still a rough diamond. If he signs for under $200k it’s a low risk for potential big return on investment. He does seem to genuinely love the club too despite his mistake last year.

The rest can’t get in the bin quick enough. It’s the ultimate collection of deadwood apart from Ogden depending on what he does this year.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Renouf and Okonbur even then they are both being signed on potential unless they step up this year.

If Atoni doesn’t become a genuine NRL prop this year I don’t think he ever will. His trial form looked good so I’m confident he will take the next step this year.

Okunbor on a low contract is a good signing. He is a big body who is still a rough diamond. If he signs for under $200k it’s a low risk for potential big return on investment. He does seem to genuinely love the club too despite his mistake last year.

The rest can’t get in the bin quick enough. It’s the ultimate collection of deadwood apart from Ogden depending on what he does this year.
Yeah I'd like to keep okunbor also and yeah both Atoni and okunbor are based on potential only. They both really need to step up this year...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Would keep: Atoni (beast), Meaney and Okunbur for wing depth and keep reserve grade competitive if that's where they play.

Jury still out on Hoppa pending Schoupp and Alomati development.

Ogden whilst he does some big hits, I really don't think we need him with the new rule changes

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Atoni is the only one on there provided he keeps fits and injury free to be offered a new contract -
Okunbor would be my other pick to keep on.

To be fair to the others, they all need to lift to another level if we are going to keep them on.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Renouf, Ok.

Ofa if he kicks on. He's lucky to get offered $225K based on past inconsistent performances. You can see he has the potential but been too lazy so far. He looks a lot fitter and if he has knocked back 225K then he might be a bit more determined to back himself to succeed this year. Up to him.

Those wanting Meaney...he is supposed to be on 300K. How much do you think he should be on if re-signed?

Hoppa, as well as the rest, under no circumstances for me.

It is time to bring in younger, faster, more robust players who can do a job, better than average, for the whole team and the coach.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Who would you Keep and Why ?
If i had to choose only one, it would be Atoni, i feel that he is the right style of Prop for the new rules . he is also most likely to break a game open..
Poll will only allow me to have 10..
I left Britt, Chrichton, Roumanous, Tui Katoa and Harding out of the poll, because i expect them to have the least amount of votes..
You are propping up your own preference by placing them first, the donkey vote always ticks the first box.

Go Dogs

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Antoni and okunbor. They have shown potential they can develop into good players in their position.
Hoppa. At least for short term until alamoti or schoupp ready for nrl.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You are propping up your own preference by placing them first, the donkey vote always ticks the first box.

Go Dogs
We're Bulldogs: not Donkeys from Brisbane.

We can competently evaluate our top choice between 10 players, no matter where they are on the list!

Give us that bit of credit!

For heavens sake. You are turning into a TK nitpicker to rival Dawg :(

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Lol.. I copied it directly from zero tackle.. when I realized I could not put the whole 15 I had to remove some names and replace them with more likely players.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We're Bulldogs: not Donkeys from Brisbane.
We can competently evaluate our top choice between 10 players, no matter where they are on the list!
Give us that bit of credit!
For heavens sake. You are turning into a TK nitpicker to rival Dawg :(
Obviously I wasn't referring to you Wendy, but there are some ............

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol.. I copied it directly from zero tackle.. when I realized I could not put the whole 15 I had to remove some names and replace them with more likely players.
Some people have no sense of humour, maybe I need to use the large winking emoji ...............
1614648763165.png

Go Dogs

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My take on 2022.

Contracted for 22 (14 players)

Wakeham, Allan, DWZ, Averillo, Flanagan, Cotric, Elliott, Waddell, Hethrington, Stimson, Jackson, Thompson, Doorey, RFM.

Signings so far (2)
JAC, Burton

Likely elevation top 30 (4)
Schoup, Topine, Alamoti, Dietz

Depth signings and likely re-signings (6)

Okunbur, Tui Katoa, C.Smith, JMK, Ogden, Atoni

That's a total of 26 players leaving 4 further external signings available.

You simply can't go out and sign 15 players, doesn't work that way.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Came in to say exactly this ^

Renouf, Okunbur and Ogden depending on how he goes this year.

There's no one else what-so-ever that will do a job moving forward.

The only one other maybe is JMK as 3rd choice hooker option, as long as we sign 2 more.