Who wins the premiership?

Who do you will take out this years premiership?

• Panthers

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • Broncos

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Warriors

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Storm

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Knights

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Canberra

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With the injury to Luai, I reckon the premiership race is wide open. I believe people underestimate Luai's value to the Panthers team, he may not be ust another cog in the wheel, I doubt Cogger will able to replicate what Luai does in terms of ad-lib and energy.

I reckon the top 5 are capable of beating anyone on their day.

Knights could be dark horses if Ponga is having a Barba/Hayne season.

Broncos are on fire

Warriors are on a streak

Storm are starting to warm up and don't go too many years without making the GF. You can't write off a team with Munster, Hughes, Grant, Papz and Bellamy.

My money is on the Storm with Bellamy being the main factor.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Hard to go past Penrith, even with Luai's injury they have depth in every position and the best defence in the comp, that's what matters in Finals.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
man, some tough good teams in the top 8, im really impressed how newcastle have come along

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hoping for: Warriors

Thinking: Storm. They should never be written off.

or maybe I simple just don't want Broncos (as i live here) or the Riff to win (again). I think Penrith's premiership window is slowly closing whilst Brisbane's is only just opening.

Going by weekend results, none of the top sides were particularly convincing. I can see Brisbane tanking this weekend as they have figured they would much rather play the Warriors than the Storm.

Knights are dark horse. Ponga is killing it and could take them all the way if they just get a few lucky breaks as well. But how bad is this shoulder injury?

Others are making up the numbers.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Canberra are probably the worst team in the 8 but are a difficult team when their on semis maybe.

Newcastle isn’t the type of team you want to face but they won’t touch Penrith.

Wahs don’t got the defense for me there attack is stunning though good on the eye.

Storm have the spine there, mastermind coach there backline doesn’t cut it for me though inferior to Broncos and Penrith.

Broncos have a gun team guaranteed they win the comp in the next three years they have a real shot this year but Penrith will outwork them.

For the 3peat Penrith, boring but they are undeniably the hardest working side with minimal defensive flaws. Sort of a gun to my head I pick Penrith, if I was having a punt I’m going with Melbourne. As another person said feels like Broncos are just entering a window and for me Penrith may prove to be a victim of their own success. In other words Remis smith to win the comp before we do get fucked.

Last edited:

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope the Warriors win it. They put in a big effort relocating to Australia during Covid affected seasons. Yet the NRL seems to shaft them as often as possible. More teams other than the Tigers should have taken home games to NZ cities as a way of saying thanks for your effort.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d like to see the Warriors win. I love watching the storm play & broncos have been playing well. I hope Penrith don’t make it. I didn’t watch the grand final last year for the first time ever because I had zero interest in it
What? To add to another club that has won more recently than the dogs. No thanks. This agony of a wait doesn't need compounding.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What? To add to another club that has won more recently than the dogs. No thanks. This agony of a wait doesn't need compounding.
Someone has to win it, I’d rather it be a team I like

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Broncs are the ones who can really win bar a choke and if they stay healthy but Penrith still have the best D.
Idk what the deal is with Luai? But he will be missed If out for an extended period.

Not that invested in it again this year at least Souths won't likely be a factor so I'll cheer hard for them to flop first..even better if they lose and don't make it at all.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Broncos if Reynolds, Haas and Walsh can play all the finals, should go close.

Panthers are hard to dismiss, but they can be beaten.

Warriors have enough good players, but hard to take them seriously until they actually win it, they tend to fold in finals. But also are the best team they have had ever, this year

The rest are making up the numbers

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm one of the 7% that hopes Newcastle get up only because it's been a long time and I don't wanna see a Riff triple or a pony holding the shield.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'm one of the 7% that hopes Newcastle get up only because it's been a long time and I don't wanna see a Riff triple or a pony holding the shield.
If i got to pick a team id want to win it would be Warriors. First time and all. Do not want Panther to win and most of all dont want my most hated team Storm to win

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Up the wahs haha!

I hope the Warriors win as NZ is starting to get pretty behind them but the other top 4 teams are hard to go past too, my gut feeling has the Storm or Panthers to win with all their experience on and off field come big finals games.

As long as Souths get knocked out the 8 this week so we do not have to hear about them the whole finals season...

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d like to see the Warriors win. I love watching the storm play & broncos have been playing well. I hope Penrith don’t make it. I didn’t watch the grand final last year for the first time ever because I had zero interest in it
I watched it to make sure Parra didn't win it!