Who will be the last 3 signings for 2021 ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sounds like we will be $1m over the cap then if we get all these players...even with letting Napa Hoppa Meaney Lewis Katoa Crichton and others go. Me thinks we have another Oasis on our hands if we can achieve this roster.
Losses: Cogger, Foran, Holland, Lafai, Montoya, Reimis, Sue, Tolman
~3.5m

Gains: Cotric, Flanagan, Hetherington, Waddell
~1.5m

Roumanos, T. Katoa and Harding promoted (minimum wage)

We have plenty to spend still imo (I mean look yourself). Foran almost covers all of our gains alone.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Losses: Cogger, Foran, Holland, Lafai, Montoya, Reimis, Sue, Tolman
~3.5m

Gains: Cotric, Flanagan, Hetherington, Waddell
~1.5m

Roumanos, T. Katoa and Harding promoted (minimum wage)

We have plenty to spend still imo (I mean look yourself). Foran almost covers all of our gains alone.
You need to factor in re-signed players, Elliott, Averillo etc, we would have a bit left but not a whole heap.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Man sore ? Fuck no!
Why? Out of curiosity.

For me it would just be age. If you check out his season stats he was a bit of a beast this year.

Out of all the wingers.
Most post contact Metres.
Most metres.
Most line breaks.
Top ten in tackle breaks.
Most runs.
Less errors than JAC lol
12 tries.
To 50 out of all players for offloads.

In those categories he was near the top among all players too.

Pretty good tbh. Miles better than anything we've had in years. Age is the one and only thing that is not a positive.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s the case. They would take a bit but still leave plenty. Thompson needs to be factored in. Still believe with remis gone we are close to a mil under. Foran alone covers most of our additions. Tolman was on huge overs. Then the list of blokes like holland montoya cogger sue lafai Remis!

Napa, hoppa, Lewis and jmk next year easily free up 2mil again.

Then guys like britt, Crichton, meaney, Katoa and Smith off too who know doubt are on overs.

5 slots to fill.

I’d be using that on :

Jac - 700k tops
Leinu - 400-500k tops
B Smith - 700-800k and if no good Clarke 400-500k
Staggs/Crichton - 7-800k
Rookie promoted

That’s easily achievable while replacing with depth signings .

Especially with Stimson, jacko and dwz off the year after too allows us future balancing.

1. Jake
2. Jac
3. Staggs/Crichton
4. Cotric
5. Okonbor
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Leinu
9. B Smith/Clarke
10. Thompson
11. Rfm
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

14. Renouf
15. Hetho
16. Ogden
17. Waddel/Stimson/doorey

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Burton. The club I reckon will work something out to get him here next year.
2. JAC. I reckon the club will find a way to get him out here next year. The HOA means nothing if JAC doesn’t want to play at the tigpies.
3. Doorey or Topine. We desperately need a quality hooker but I can’t see us getting a hooker next year. I think the club is going to try wakes and see how he goes there.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Naden will be suspended for 2 or 4 years.
Yeah NRL will probably make an example of him as a warning to other players. No chance of him coming here. The media would have a field day. Last thing dogs need is more negative publicity from the terrorgraph. I think we dodged a bullet there

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If they bring Mansour over then with DWZ we have 2 ex unwanted Penrith wingers taking up our wing spots. No thanks. Let’s trot with the fox (and the ox) instead. Also can’t see a long term future for Meaney here unless he has a breakout season.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s the case. They would take a bit but still leave plenty. Thompson needs to be factored in. Still believe with remis gone we are close to a mil under. Foran alone covers most of our additions. Tolman was on huge overs. Then the list of blokes like holland montoya cogger sue lafai Remis!

Napa, hoppa, Lewis and jmk next year easily free up 2mil again.

Then guys like britt, Crichton, meaney, Katoa and Smith off too who know doubt are on overs.

5 slots to fill.

I’d be using that on :

Jac - 700k tops
Leinu - 400-500k tops
B Smith - 700-800k and if no good Clarke 400-500k
Staggs/Crichton - 7-800k
Rookie promoted

That’s easily achievable while replacing with depth signings .

Especially with Stimson, jacko and dwz off the year after too allows us future balancing.

1. Jake
2. Jac
3. Staggs/Crichton
4. Cotric
5. Okonbor
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Leinu
9. B Smith/Clarke
10. Thompson
11. Rfm
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

14. Renouf
15. Hetho
16. Ogden
17. Waddel/Stimson/doorey
Agree this is probably the best potential team we can get for 2022

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Why? Out of curiosity.

For me it would just be age. If you check out his season stats he was a bit of a beast this year.

Out of all the wingers.
Most post contact Metres.
Most metres.
Most line breaks.
Top ten in tackle breaks.
Most runs.
Less errors than JAC lol
12 tries.
To 50 out of all players for offloads.

In those categories he was near the top among all players too.

Pretty good tbh. Miles better than anything we've had in years. Age is the one and only thing that is not a positive.
He had he’s best season ever on the back of one of the best Penrith teams in 20 years ...He hadn’t scored a try in twelve mths before this year. He needs a top 4 outfit to give him opportunities...I don’t think he can create them himself. Especially in lower ranked teams I think he’d fall back into being an average winger

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah because playing his first game for the Knights is better than playing in 2 GFs or origins or test matches
What I love is that we will win a GF before the Knights do....hopefully we knock them out of the finals (after Hetherington and Thommo put Klemmer on his ass during the game). That will be sweet
Even sauaso sue already rocked that grub I never want to see him pull on the blue and white ever again

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He had he’s best season ever on the back of one of the best Penrith teams in 20 years ...He hadn’t scored a try in twelve mths before this year. He needs a top 4 outfit to give him opportunities...I don’t think he can create them himself. Especially in lower ranked teams I think he’d fall back into being an average winger
Yeah but him being the top metre eater for wingers, is just him being the top metre eater. Thats about him getting in and doing the work. You can do that for a shitty team too.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1 for burton
1 outside back
1 prop
So you're happy with our choice of hookers atm?

Cause if that is not our number 1 priority, we are still a basket case of a club who acts like a baby when they find a shiny object. Nice to have, but not what you need.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Cause if that is not our number 1 priority, we are still a basket case of a club who acts like a baby when they find a shiny object. Nice to have, but not what you need.
Hooker is the number issue but where is one coming from in the short term? 2022 is the earliest we will be able to get one unless we get a miracle release of a contracted player.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even if he gets a month do you want a bloke in the club that is racking up hours/days before a grand final he is playing in?
Yeah. I'm amazed that anyone is actually talking about bringing him to our club. What are people thinking?

Talk about a fucking loose cannon. Biggest game of your life and you're doing lines the night before? Fucking hell. Very definition of timebomb. No way we'll bring him over.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm amazed that anyone is actually talking about bringing him to our club. What are people thinking?

Talk about a fucking loose cannon. Biggest game of your life and you're doing lines the night before? Fucking hell. Very definition of timebomb. No way we'll bring him over.
Yeah its rather strange! You could understand it a bit more if he was out partying after the game but doing before the game says to me he has massive issues.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Not happy with it at all
but thats what will happen i believe..
Hooker more likely for 22, unless one somehow becomes available for 1 year who could provide value but that seems unlikely

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah its rather strange! You could understand it a bit more if he was out partying after the game but doing before the game says to me he has massive issues.
Strange? I'd call it idiotic to even consider it.

Massive massive issues to be doing that the night before your big game, especially when you know there'll be random drug tests. It's fucking mental and shows a complete disregard for this teammates, club, and fans.

Can't get my head around people on here calling for him to be signed up? What are people thinking?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Even if he gets a month do you want a bloke in the club that is racking up hours/days before a grand final he is playing in?
Has it been reported when he was tested? Pre-game, post game etc?
I just presumed it was party time after the siren and then he got tested.
Alternatively, he could have used it as a PED just before / during the game. Bit risky though as he was on the bench his timing would need to be spot on.