Who will be the last 3 signings for 2021 ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you were / if you ARE a betting man who would you bet $20 on to be the last 3 of our roster for 2021 ? (not 2022 remember).

We can check later if anyone gets all 3 right.

I'll go

1. Matt Burton
2. Brett Naden
3. Brandon Smith

Benji Marshall is out you would think. He's mad if he doesn't accept the 700K offer to go to the UK. I don't know if we were interested in him but if we were we should go even harder for Burton early now. Panthers CEO mentioned "compensation". It's only dollars outside the cap you would think (not players). I don't know why it's not done already. Hill said recently if the Panthers want to talk they should "contact him". Hope he's not sitting back waiting for the phone to ring. Get it done already. At what price though ? I'm sure the Panthers want to be compensated on "great potential" whereas we want to pay for a typical average fresh reserve.

Naden - seems the Panthers didn't really want him. The rehab issue might have scared us off though (and the Panthers). I think Barrett would take a risk on him. We need a replacement for Reimis at least.

Hopefully someone has a few inside tips (mine have dried up unfortunately)

For 2022 I think we'll get either JAC or Crichton (or both hopefully) and Lenui

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only one thing is certain and that’s that Naden won’t be anywhere near the Bulldogs he tested positive for coke after being drug tested on GF night.

Wild Robbo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Only one thing is certain and that’s that Naden won’t be anywhere near the Bulldogs he tested positive for coke after being drug tested on GF night.

1. M Burton
2. J Mansour ( trade off to get burton early )
3. B Smith

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
1 spot for Burton if possible, 1 spot to upgrade Doorey from development contract, if we don't surly they are planning to release him back to parra. That leaves 1 spot, which was probably going to be Naden's until he fucked up. I think it is wishful thinking that we could get grant or B Smith next year maybe 2022. My beat last spot will be an upgrade, people on here say Schoup should be given a go, I think we still need more backline depth not sure if anyone quality is available though.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think it needs to be something like B. Smith, Burton and JAC if we're aiming to realistically make the eight next year. Burton's already signed but needs to be released. B. Smith and JAC are contracted and there's been pretty much no links recently regarding B. Smith. I thought Naden would of been a good cheap alternative to JAC but it looks like he's in a bit of trouble. If I was betting I'd say promoting within, e.g. Doorey (we don't need second rowers tbh) and maybe some one year stop gap solutions (as we still have a lot of money to spend imo) but I'm not even sure who's decent and available for that option. For 2022 I'd be looking at Leniu for the main transfer target. I wouldn't be signing a centre at this stage personally.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Burton, Doorey, A. Hopoate

Reactions: DT

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Burton, JAC, Naden and klemmer player swap for Napa.
Klemmer said his favourite moment in his career is putting on a Knights jersey, he ain't coming back. Knights, and no other NRL club for that matter, would want Napa, maybe for minimum wage.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer said his favourite moment in his career is putting on a Knights jersey
Did he really say that? This is a guy who grew up a mad Dogs fan, came up through the grades with us, played most of his football with the club he idolised and then he says his favourite moment was wearing a Knights jersey. That is putrid. He can go fuck himself after that comment

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Did he really say that? This is a guy who grew up a mad Dogs fan, came up through the grades with us, played most of his football with the club he idolised and then he says his favourite moment was wearing a Knights jersey. That is putrid. He can go fuck himself after that comment
It's on his NRL.com profile. https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/teams/telstra-premiership/newcastle-knights/david-klemmer/
"My greatest on field moment... playing my first game for the Knights "
I was pretty disappointed when I saw that.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's on his NRL.com profile. https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/teams/telstra-premiership/newcastle-knights/david-klemmer/
"My greatest on field moment... playing my first game for the Knights "
I was pretty disappointed when I saw that.
Yeah because playing his first game for the Knights is better than playing in 2 GFs or origins or test matches
What I love is that we will win a GF before the Knights do....hopefully we knock them out of the finals (after Hetherington and Thommo put Klemmer on his ass during the game). That will be sweet