Who will be our 2015 Fullback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogbiter

Waterboy
Reaction score
You guys are talking about all these players you have mentioned. That didnt go good in the nines.. what about our team they didnt go great as well so does that mean there shit as well.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Perrett is safe but in my eyes are little over-rated for a while now.

He does not have the modern day winger's attributes: size, power, speed etc.

I'm sure his a good guy who's had a good career, but i personally would not have him on the wing or fullback.. I'd have him playing NSW Cup.
Agree, he was a cheap reject that went well for half a season, same with Inu. Problem is we have released all the guys that were about ready for FG and now our depth is another season away putting us up shite creek. Our forward pack is one of the best and our backs are one of the worst so hardly inspiring.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tempo is playing 5/8 today in nsw cup trial.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling des will be going hard for fergo and hell play fullback and be a gun

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have a feeling des will be going hard for fergo and hell play fullback and be a gun
Yes, what if des didnt go to the 9s to sneak under the radar of other clubs and meet with fergo again this weekend??

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
At least we know know now Perrett isn't an option.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, what if des didnt go to the 9s to sneak under the radar of other clubs and meet with fergo again this weekend??
Yes sounds like des style ,i know he's a tosser but so was carney and Dugan,these are young guys in the spotlight ,and whilst not condoning dugans behaviour he had a bad childhood (was a docs child) i think our club is good for him and his talent is what we need

MrNiceGuy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Broncos do not release Hoffman in the next couple of weeks, even after Round 1, Hasler will go for Ferguson.

There is no way we are going to win a premiership with Perret at fullback. There was no structure surrounding Perret at the trials nor the 9's. It's like there is a master plan behind all this and unfortunately Inu will not be a part of it, well up until Lafai is back anyway.

There is a 500-600k gap in the salary cap. Fortunately for us, Morris will get a piece of it, followed by some sort of signing.

Put yourself in Haslers shoes, you would think 'F^%* a player like Fergo is on the market and is a major talent'. We can control him, he can help us win a premiership, I WOULD WANT HIM ASAP.

I don't believe in this 'Bad history' bullcrap. We delt with the Masons and the Renis. Hasler has dealt with the worst, Anthony Watmough and Brett Stewart.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's a few too many ifs.

Fergo has proven time and again that he is more interested in cutting off his own hands rather than pay any attention to anyone of authority. The last thing we need to do is set ourselves up for another derailment.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Like I said before and I will say it again (even though Fergo is not a fullback option) he will have a one good season and all sins will be forgotten. the same hypocritical NRL community who are up in arms against Fergo will be lining up for his dick. No one wanted Carney when he was up in Far North Queensland working in a pub/ playing park footy, but 2 years later he was playing in the halves for NSW.

Fck it, I want him when he is cheap. Get him in for a year If he stuffs up again then kick him out ....there is no quality player available in the market anyway so that is the best option given the circumstances.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont think hasler didnt go to the nines just to "speak" with ferguson lol. Ferguson needs a good year out of the nrl and if he can stay clean and out of trouble id be the first to say sign him but until then it may be a big risk regardless of the massive talent he is. The media scum will follow him round like a bad smell waiting for him to screw up. This attention wont die down for atleast 3-6 months.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Like I said before and I will say it again (even though Fergo is not a fullback option) he will have a one good season and all sins will be forgotten. the same hypocritical NRL community who are up in arms against Fergo will be lining up for his dick. No one wanted Carney when he was up in Far North Queensland working in a pub/ playing park footy, but 2 years later he was playing in the halves for NSW.

Fck it, I want him when he is cheap. Get him in for a year If he stuffs up again then kick him out ....there is no quality player available in the market anyway so that is the best option given the circumstances.
Maybe that's what Ferguson needs, a year in the middle of nowhere with a real job.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

N

Natboy

Ferguson could be in jail or dead in rookwood cemetery and some of you would still think he would play for the dogs. I'm sick of hearing it.
1) The NRL won't register a convicted sex offender
2) Why would we throw all of our morals away to sign him?
3) He's not even a fullback
4) He will bring our clubs name down & walk out on us when disciplined
I could go on all day. Yes we need a fullback but we aren't this desperate

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well there is fresh news out Hoffman as asked for a release

JOSH Hoffman’s career at Brisbane has reached crisis point with the Kiwi Test star submitting a fresh request for an immediate release from the Broncos.

And Bulldogs chief executive Raelene Castle yesterday revealed Canterbury remain “very interested” in Hoffman as coach Des Hasler ramps up his pursuit of the disgruntled Bronco.

The Sunday Mail can reveal Hoffman has formally asked for permission to leave Brisbane after a tense exchange with coach Anthony Griffin just after Christmas.

The Bulldogs have offered to broker the release of Josh Hoffman. Source: News Limited
But Broncos hierarchy are playing hardball, with Brisbane boss Paul White insisting Hoffman will remain at Red Hill despite Canterbury’s willingness to broker a release.
The Bulldogs facilitated Ben Barba’s seamless transition to the Broncos by accepting a transfer fee last August and Canterbury were hoping Brisbane would reciprocate by releasing Hoffman.

But with the Broncos digging their heels in, Hoffman faces the prospect of seeing out his current deal, which expires at the end of 2015.

Relations soured over summer when Broncos officialdom witnessed photos of Hoffman posing with New Zealand’s contingent of Canterbury stars during the World Cup in November.

Griffin was understandably miffed and phoned Hoffman to discuss several matters, including his close alignment to Bulldogs players.

Josh Hoffman during a Broncos training session. Source: News Limited
It is understood Hoffman was left shaken by the conversation. When he returned for pre-season, Hoffman met Griffin face-to-face and asked him for a release. His manager Paul Hogan has since re-iterated that stance, conveying Hoffman’s grievances to White.

Sources claim Griffin told Hoffman he was keen for him to stay, but wouldn’t stand in his way if White and Castle could thrash out a severance package.

Desperate for a fullback, the Bulldogs are ready to formally table a multi-year deal, but the Broncos are determined for Hoffman to honour his contract.

Josh Hoffman pictured with the Bulldogs RLWC contingent. Source: Twitter
Hoffman turned out at the NRL Nines yesterday and has maintained a professional attitude at training, but privately believes he needs a fresh start at the Bulldogs.

Hogan declined to comment yesterday, saying he had agreed not to discuss Hoffman’s situation publicly after meeting with Broncos management.

Castle said the Bulldogs have not given up hope of securing Hoffman should the Broncos relax their stance with the 25-year-old.

“We are obviously in need of a fullback and we rate Josh very highly,” she said.

“We would be very interested in him, but he has a contract and we have always been respectful of that process.

“I don’t think it (Hoffman joining the Bulldogs) is going to happen in the short-term so I think there are still some hurdles to get through.

“The Bulldogs have a good relationship with the Broncos and if their circumstances change, then we would certainly come to an arrangement with the Broncos.

Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs NRL CEO Raelene Castle would like to see Josh Hoffman at the Sydney club. Source: News Limited
“We would have a strong interest in Josh continuing his career at the Bulldogs.”

Brisbane operations chief Andrew Gee says Hoffman has not asked for a release and has a harmonious working relationship with Griffin.

“Josh is happy here,” Gee said.

“There is no issue with Anthony Griffin. Anyone who has seen Josh train over the pre-season will tell you he’s in a good headspace.”

White said he is determined for the Mackay product to succeed at the Broncos. The first serious ruction came last March, when Hoffman was shifted to the wing to accommodate Corey Norman, who has since joined Parramatta, at fullback.

“He’s got two years to go on a contract. He’s training well,” White said.

Play
NRL old dogs up to new tricks
NewsYesterday 2:14
Play
Top ten tries from the Auckland nines
NewsYesterday 3:16
“A lot has been written, but that is in the past.

“I haven’t spoken to the coach but Josh will get opportunities here to improve himself.

“What I would like to say about Hoffy is I have a lot of respect for him as a person and player and we want to see him do his best for this club.

“Everything I’ve seen from him is that he is committed.”

New Broncos co-captain Corey Parker is hopeful Hoffman does not end up at Belmore.

“That (rumours of Hoffman leaving) grew a lot of momentum during the World Cup overseas,” he said.

“But since we’ve been back training, Hoffy has been one of those guys who makes the day a lot more fun that it is.

Brisbane coach Anthony Griffin has questioned Josh Hoffman about his close alignment to Bulldogs players. Source: Supplied
“He is having the time of his life. He is good mates with Benny Barba and they are rooming together here in Auckland, I’m expecting some big things from those two over the next two days.

“I don’t want to get too much into the Josh leaving saga. For me, he is with us and I don’t expect to see him anywhere else.”

Josh Hoffman (second from left) with Bulldogs player Frank Pritchard, Sam Kasiano, Greg Eastwood Source: Supplied

N

Natboy

Mr I has just had a nervous breakdown after the 4th posting of that article hehe

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ferguson could be in jail or dead in rookwood cemetery and some of you would still think he would play for the dogs. I'm sick of hearing it.
1) The NRL won't register a convicted sex offender
2) Why would we throw all of our morals away to sign him?
3) He's not even a fullback
4) He will bring our clubs name down & walk out on us when disciplined
I could go on all day. Yes we need a fullback but we aren't this desperate
Amen. I don't know why so many people can't see this. The club must always come first.

Status
Not open for further replies.