Who will be our 2015 Fullback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des Hasler told my son when he asked him "who was going to be our fullback?"
Chase Stanley or Mitch Brown.
There you have it, lets hope whoever gets the gig plays well.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Wayne Uluglia sacked from the cowboys, can we get the Rumour mill stated again?

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des is cunning as a fox, so that probably means neither of them, lol.
That's what I thought as well. But our options do look pretty slim and I think Morris should definitely stay in the centres.

Ulugia might be worth a punt, he is certainly talented, but being released from the Cowboys
for disciplinary reasons is hardly a good endorsement.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wayne Uluglia sacked from the cowboys, can we get the Rumour mill stated again?
Posted this earlier in the rumour page.

I will be furious if we don't at least make a PLAY provided his termination isn't for bashing his misses.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Why not?

The only Dogs player from the Famous 05' Australian Schoolboys Squad that included Boyd,Jennings,Uate,Mullen,Pearce,Dave Taylor,Cooper,Keating.

He played FB for Endeavour Sports for back to back titles from memory back in the day.

Sharks really hurt him when not selecting him only after a few injuries got a run and then next thing you know he was with the Tigers and the same thing happened - Moltzen was crook and he had a run.

Am I the only one that rates Mitch Brown?
Nope .. I rate Brown as well, and we haven't seen his best.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some people say brown has slimmed down and shred a lot of kilos while others say he has bulked up and put on weight. Are we all referring to the same mitch brown? Regardless some people rate him while others dont. Thats the beauty of a forum, everyone has an opinion and is encouraged to express. For me after the newc semi and browns shocker, that was the last straw. Should never see first grade again imo. People say sila is too inexperienced and makes mistakes well then why do we keep putting up with browns errors?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I personally do not rate Brown, but what the **** do I know? Happy to be proven wrong if he comes out at #1 and kills it.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
or us in the process LOL
Very true. But even after enduring some dessie decisions that to me made no sense, I still have faith he knows what's best.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Posted this earlier in the rumour page.

I will be furious if we don't at least make a PLAY provided his termination isn't for bashing his misses.
Ulugia isn't anything special. Not worth the trouble unfortunately

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No offence guys & I like both of you but don't read the threads that you know will contain it then.
I am not the sort of person that hassles players & staff for info but if I am told something I will share it. I was asked a question & just answered it from what I have been told. Who knows the truth? Des probably isn't even certain yet.
Ryan Morgan from the eels was at a bday lunch I was at on monday & I was dying to ask him about Evander Cummins apparently being locked up but I bit my tongue
I don't want to be one of the people sucking up to players for info so please don't mistake me for one of them. I will never be
Cheers
Hey Natboy, my comment was not directed at you or anyone in particular. I feel compelled as a Bulldogs fan to read each and every thread on this forum and i want to know who will be fullback as much as the next person. My comment was directed at my feelings of off season fatigue and the thousands of posts (literally) in which i have read in the off season which are based around how we are going to replace Barba and to be honest i am sick of them - won't stop reading them though! I cannot wait to round one starts and who ever Des puts in fullback (my preference is Inu) has a blinder.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You mean like right now? We don't have one. We have make shift fullbacks and kids not ready apperently.

I am starting to really dislike the new CEO.
It's not like we don't have one. We have many fullbacks, we're just not sure if any of them will be a great option. If you just take a random fullback that hasn't trained with the team at all and throw them in the mix then it becomes a challenge. The new fullback would not know the teams positional play that well in defense and attack.

What we have right now is several fullbacks that have been training with the team and know the positional play. Hoffman, while good, does not have that same advantage. If we signed him today he may have time to train up before the season starts, but if we don't sign him then we have several fullbacks that can't be dismissed until we have seen what they can really do.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
It's not like we don't have one. We have many fullbacks, we're just not sure if any of them will be a great option. If you just take a random fullback that hasn't trained with the team at all and throw them in the mix then it becomes a challenge. The new fullback would not know the teams positional play that well in defense and attack.

What we have right now is several fullbacks that have been training with the team and know the positional play. Hoffman, while good, does not have that same advantage. If we signed him today he may have time to train up before the season starts, but if we don't sign him then we have several fullbacks that can't be dismissed until we have seen what they can really do.
I for one would much prefer us go into the season with a new recruit like Hoffman blending in yet experienced in the position.

Then a experiment that we no doubt continue with throughout the season and likely fail.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

We really have a bunch of kids with little to no NRL experience. Blokes like inu who have played a few good games there, and some terrible ones. A centre who does not want to play there. And brown and perret, which is to frightening to even think about. Hoffman would slip right in. It really wouldn't be a big deal for him to learn a few set plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.