Who will b our bobcat/jacko going forward

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think we have one do we? Do we need one?
Every pack needs a no frills workhorse type player.

He often has to clean up what other players miss.

His efforts are often not seen by fans.

Trust me at some stage this season some on TK will be lamenting Jackson's retirement.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Prob b sutton I'm a fan of topine but prob too small..big heart

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sutton or Davey imo
Not having a huge expectation on either of these guys. I think they are the two most likely to take the no frills workhorse tackling role. Although listening to a few Manly fans he apparently Davey runs good (brave)lines. So he might be better than I am thinking hopefully.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
but prob too small
Are we still carrying on with the "too small" myth?
Same size as Reuben Cotter & Victor Radley. Are they too small?
An inch shorter than Cam Murray, slightly heavier. Similar motor. Does Cam Murray go okay?
Taller than Josh Jackson. Slightly lighter (5kg) but 10 years younger - will end up at same playing weight. Could Jackson play?

Topine's got enthusiasm, stamina, and a huge motor - 80 mins no problem.
Now, it is all up to him and whether he can develop his standard and consistency to be a regular NRL starter (right edge or lock). Physically he will be just fine.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
King is the only correct answer right now. He was already doing the work Jackson does on and off the ball last season while being a stronger ball carrier and having an offload in his game. Hopefully someone else does step up though and helps King out so he isn't run into the ground.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not having a huge expectation on either of these guys. I think they are the two most likely to take the no frills workhorse tackling role. Although listening to a few Manly fans he apparently Davey runs good (brave)lines. So he might be better than I am thinking hopefully.
The problem with Davey's hole running is that he done that on the left outside of Foran and literally every forward that has ever played outside Foran has run good lines, RFM was even our top try scorer one season next to Foran.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Are we still carrying on with the "too small" myth?
Same size as Reuben Cotter & Victor Radley. Are they too small?
An inch shorter than Cam Murray, slightly heavier. Similar motor. Does Cam Murray go okay?
Taller than Josh Jackson. Slightly lighter (5kg) but 10 years younger - will end up at same playing weight. Could Jackson play?

Topine's got enthusiasm, stamina, and a huge motor - 80 mins no problem.
Now, it is all up to him and whether he can develop his standard and consistency to be a regular NRL starter (right edge or lock). Physically he will be just fine.
I stand corrected

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Did anyone watch Davey at Parra? Can’t be fucked to look over his games there but i wonder if he also ran good lines over there when he started in some games.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Topine definitely did get owned for his size a few times. Leilua had a field day against him at the Bundy game and Eli Katoa from the Warriors had a nice try and went through Topine like he wasn’t even there. Can we please stop with the Cam Murray comparisons for size lol. Cam Murray has never been dominated like Topine has.