Who thinks Italian football is boring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The serie a is boring and the Italian NT even more more boring to watch. There is no doubt about this.
Who else agree though that this boring catenaccio style of play which revolves around dirty defensive tactics and theatrics9 diving and simulating) on the field and corruption off the field is bad for the game?

Oh..and if someone gave you a free ticket to watch the DUtch NT or teh Italian NT who would you select?

R

rocky IV

i say their 4 world cups would think that they are boring.
i bet those mad golden trophies hate watching them play

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now now arabs and anitigreek alike. Lets look at the facts and what has actually happened in world football in the last 80 or so years.

Going by your mentality the Roosters must be very proud of their 2002 NRl truimph also ....hehehehe

Personally I think the Italian style of playing football is boring and detrimental to the game. Ofcourse its my opinion but I guess there are some people out there who like players like Grosso and Materazzi taking dives at crucial world cup matches which bring them success.

R

rocky IV

hahah

their league is better
their national team is better

greece will never be italy

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
didnt greece win euro 2004 with defensive tactics?

i won $3,000 on them though, so i am pleased with their efforts

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
seriously?

gate7 you wonder why everyone attacks you when you write stupid things like this.

instead of having a discussion on a topic you always make it an argument by telling off someone or calling someone some name.

everyone has there own thoughts on something feel free to express them but don't always attack people with your comments.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
as christian said 0 goals in world cups :p

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any other NRL players that the Italians can natulise and play for their Rugby team other than Craig gower?

Mason perhaps?...the Italians are masters of natulazing foreigners as their own...lol

Ryde Bulldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The serie a is boring and the Italian NT even more more boring to watch. There is no doubt about this.
Who else agree though that this boring catenaccio style of play which revolves around dirty defensive tactics and theatrics9 diving and simulating) on the field and corruption off the field is bad for the game?

Oh..and if someone gave you a free ticket to watch the DUtch NT or teh Italian NT who would you select?
Oh Gate7, getting owned in the other thread wasn't enough for you so you went and created this one to show the rest of us how big a fool you really are.

That boring old catenaccio you talk of is the formula Greece used to win 04 Euro's that you like to harp on about so much.

I've said it time and time again, you are just one jealous individual who can not accept the fact that your dear Hellas will forever be in Italy's shadow.

Greece are a no body in World Football, even countries like Denmark have had more success then your precious Greece, accept it, you are just mere minnows in a game where the likes of Brazil, Germany and the MIGHTY Italy dominate year in year out.

Save your crap because we all know Italy are TRUE super powers of International and Club football whilst the poor old Greeks are thought of in the same ilk as the likes of New Zealand, America Samoa, San Marino e.t.c as minnows and easy beats.

Let's hope Greece score a goal in the up coming world cup, will be a BIG improvement on their last efforts!

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Hahaha. How hard is it to see that the Greek national team are not as good as Italy? That they haven't won anywhere near as many/important trophies as Italy? That the Greek League pales in comparison to the Italian?

If you're doing this as a gee up, well done. If you're serious, then you seriously have problems. Greek football will need a good 30 years before you can even compare it to Italian.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
greek football may not be as good as italy but in world war 2 greece owned italy

lets talk about that

italy were friends with hitler

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Bro, read the fifa world cup draw thread then re-read this thread. The guy is a joke, he got cut that he got hammered so he made this thread. When people hammer him he ignores what they write and continues to write garbage, yet when the same happens to him he cries foul about peoples IQ and that u cant have a conversation. Yet the next thread that comes up about Haz he'll be laying the boot in
LOL! Dude, don't worry I know exactly what he's like. I have no doubt he got hammered.

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lets update the fact sheet...lol

Slippery not only loves kebabs he also likes a bit of tortellini of the boscaiola type it seems.....hehehehe.

Gee up or not ladies and gentlemen and fellow bulldog fans there is many truths in what I post. some may get ticked off in the manner in which I post but there is truth to it.

I once read this war book and a Russian general was quoted as saying ..... " Modern day Italians are not the descendants of the Romans but rather descendants of the barbarians who invaded them"...... lol

some other general went on to say " There are not many Italian war heros and those that can be categorized as ones are those who were last to raise their arms when surrendering"....lol

Maybe One day I will write a soccer book and talk about Italy's world cup "success" and how they have not only mastered the boring catenaccio style of play but how their players simulkate and dive like no others. I wont forget to mention how they have been naturalising foreign players as Italians since the 1930's and I wont forget to post a pic of Craig "Italiano" Gower......hehehehe

As an Australian of Greek extraction I was appalled how the Socceroos were robbed by the shonky Italians in 2006 and even more appalled that the only excuses the gay baristas use is that we couldnt score against them with and extra man.

And I call upon all arabs on this site to declare a soccer jihad on Materazzi who abused the best arab player of all time in zinedin Zidane in the final of theworld cup by calling him a dirty arab and his sister a whore.....lol

These are facts my friends.

ps.... all of Italys world cup truimphs were tarnished in one way or another.

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
greek football may not be as good as italy but in world war 2 greece owned italy

lets talk about that

italy were friends with hitler

hehehe...someone whoklnows their history. Unfortunately for the gay baristas they could not naturalise foreign soldiers in their army like they have done with all their sporting teams. :grinning:

And unluckily for them whne youre on the battle field simulating and diving just doesnt work....lol

Italia Italia Italia Italia....lol

Ryde Bulldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lets update the fact sheet...lol

Slippery not only loves kebabs he also likes a bit of tortellini of the boscaiola type it seems.....hehehehe.

Gee up or not ladies and gentlemen and fellow bulldog fans there is many truths in what I post. some may get ticked off in the manner in which I post but there is truth to it.

I once read this war book and a Russian general was quoted as saying ..... " Modern day Italians are not the descendants of the Romans but rather descendants of the barbarians who invaded them"...... lol

some other general went on to say " There are not many Italian war heros and those that can be categorized as ones are those who were last to raise their arms when surrendering"....lol

Maybe One day I will write a soccer book and talk about Italy's world cup "success" and how they have not only mastered the boring catenaccio style of play but how their players simulkate and dive like no others. I wont forget to mention how they have been naturalising foreign players as Italians since the 1930's and I wont forget to post a pic of Craig "Italiano" Gower......hehehehe

As an Australian of Greek extraction I was appalled how the Socceroos were robbed by the shonky Italians in 2006 and even more appalled that the only excuses the gay baristas use is that we couldnt score against them with and extra man.

And I call upon all arabs on this site to declare a soccer jihad on Materazzi who abused the best arab player of all time in zinedin Zidane in the final of theworld cup by calling him a dirty arab and his sister a whore.....lol

These are facts my friends.

ps.... all of Italys world cup truimphs were tarnished in one way or another.
So tell my Oh great one, was Greece's Euro 2004 triumph tarnished due to their use of catenaccio tactics?

What about the French national team, have all their triumphs been tarnished as a result of all the Algerians they have had playing in their national team over the years?

Also can you remind me of how many world cups Greece has won and also what their goal scoring record is in the world cup?

Please enlighten me oh great one

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tha algerians playing for France areFrench...they were born there so they are French. Just like Grella and Bresciano are Autralian as they are born and raised here.

Look I dont want to upset you but the fact is Italians have systematically recruited foreigners to bolster their sporting teams,all im doing is telling people.

And for those who watched Greece in 2004. They did not play catenaccio...they played a passive counter attacking game and played it well. THey scored in every match of the competition. YOu dont do that by playing catenaccio.The goals that Greece scored were all legitimate and they came by hitting their opponents on the counter.

We didnt win the tournament in a penalty shoot out ( lottery) and we didnt win games by recieving dubious penalties due to our players diving unlike the Italians in 2006.

Greece fought above their weight and showed nothing is impossible regardless who the opponents. Their success was a breathe of fresh air for and sport in general because it gave smaller teams hope. I still remember all the newspaper headlines in oz because aussies love battlers. Telegraph had front page Greece's success with Greek writing " Greece wins".

Unfortunately for you NT the foreign media werent that excited in the manner and tactics used by the Italian NT to win the world cup.And it wasnt the first time it happened, it happened in 1934 and 1938.

Thank god i know some Italians who werent proud of the way Italy "truimphed" in 2006.
and this has nothing to do with Greece or Olympiakos.... I never wrote Greece are better than Italy...what i wrote was the manner in which the Italians have truimphed.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
zidane is morrocoan and algerian :p not french lulz but yeah i get what ya mean

tbh everyone knows the greeks fluked the euro's im pretty sure you know that deep down also.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Serie A is good. The problem, Gate7, is that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.