Who should we sign to replace Barba ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He is same age as sbw so would have a few good years in him but getting out of afl would be hard but he would be fit and athletic

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont know how old he is now, but was not a bad player when he left, dont think taht would be a bad idea actually... Thoughts ppl??
So you were watching League Teams on Fox Footy too

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Giving Josh Morris more space to roam has been a blessing in disguise, we could be looking for another centre but Tim is doing a pretty good job, I reckon keep the money in the kitty for the next big name that wants out of his current club, let the circus continue.

The Detailer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Karmichael Neil Matthew Hunt (born 17 November 1986 in Auckland, New Zealand) is an Australian professional football player, currently playing Australian rules football for the Gold Coast Suns in the Australian Football League (AFL).

He was formerly best known as a rugby league player for the Brisbane Broncos of the National Rugby League (NRL). He primarily played in the fullback position, but has also played on the wing and at five-eighth and halfback. Hunt played in the NRL for Brisbane from 2004 to 2009, and was part of the Broncos' competition-winning team in 2006. He has represented the Queensland Maroons in the State of Origin series and the Australian Kangaroos at international level.

Hunt made his NRL debut in 2004 and played every game that season, winning the Dally M Rookie of the Year award. In a controversial move, Hunt chose to play for Australia instead of his native New Zealand, citing a lifelong dream of playing for Queensland in State of Origin.[2] Hunt's performance in the 2006 NRL season resulted in his selection for Queensland and Australia between 2006–2009.

In June 2009, Hunt expressed a desire to leave the NRL competition and it was speculated he would play rugby overseas. However he announced in July 2009 that he had signed a lucrative three-year playing and promotional contract with Australian Football League expansion team, Gold Coast whose inaugural season would be 2011. The move which generated a media circus in Australia would involve an ambitious code switch to Australian rules football, transitioning through the AFL's feeder competition. The switch was regarded by many from both football codes as an AFL publicity stunt. In 2010, while contracted to the Gold Coast, he played a season with Biarritz Olympique in the Top 14 French rugby union competition. However Hunt's code switch proved a successful gamble, transitioning relatively quickly and by the end of his first AFL season he was named in the Courier Mail 2011 Queensland Australian rules football Team of the Year and went on in the 2012 AFL season to establish himself as one of the Gold Coast's top midfielders.

Hunt is first sportsperson in Australia to have reached elite professional level at three different football codes, a feat which prompted fitness coach Dean Benton to regard him as the greatest all-round footballer Australia has produced.[3]

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Giving Josh Morris more space to roam has been a blessing in disguise, we could be looking for another centre but Tim is doing a pretty good job, I reckon keep the money in the kitty for the next big name that wants out of his current club, let the circus continue.
Whatever Barba was on, give it to Morris as a bonus and watch him kill it. Pay rise + confidence growing every game in the number 1.. we'll do fine.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hunt was an impressive player during his time at the Broncs, at 28 he doesn't have much time left though, especially at fullback.

halpo

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm liking the idea .seems to keep a fairly clean profile , and can play. Better than a lot of the other alternatives.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just a random comment here but dead set big brother is shitting me its on in the back ground and its rubbish

Ok sorry guys back to topic, I think k hunt at 28 would still have 5 or 6 strong years left I would welcome him with open arms at the dogs but he would never leave Queensland

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No thanks. He has been out of the game for a while now and he will be demanding a huge pay packet 400K plus per season.

I rather save the money and show some faith and invest in our junior pups such as Templeman, Mbye and Sila.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No thanks. He has been out of the game for a while now and he will be demanding a huge pay packet 400K plus per season.

I rather save the money and show some faith and invest in our junior pups such as Templeman, Mbye and Sila.
absolutely!... if we dont get Hayne and no other quality full back available rather spend money on our juniors. We have the money and the best coach available to make our juniors into super star. We have done it with Barba we can do it again!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
IS he better than Morris at fullback. No. So no thanks.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He getting paid huge money tax free can't compete with like abdui seilman. They're earning the equilvant on an nrl player getting 450 to 500k... So no Canterbury are going to pay anything like that.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just a random comment here but dead set big brother is shitting me its on in the back ground and its rubbish

Ok sorry guys back to topic, I think k hunt at 28 would still have 5 or 6 strong years left I would welcome him with open arms at the dogs but he would never leave Queensland
Its just a bunch of idiots watching other idiots. Its about as entertaining as sticking your head over the fence and watching and listening to your neighbors conversations.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is an Afghan not a Pakistani..... and he is sh!t

Status
Not open for further replies.