K E

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
You blokes r dumb. Ennis is playing if hes got one leg
Wake up.and smell the roses. Hes not missing this final ill remind yu all of this later. The mind games begin
So ennis will play even though he is injured? Great.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A lot of people picking Mbye. Do you really want a guy to play Hooker in the Grand Final when he's never played Hooker before?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Jackson starting at hooker with pritchard to backrow then 20 mins in mbye on and jackson back to the backrow. Least disruptive and eases mbye into the game because the first 20 would be the most demanding physically and jackson has filled in at hooler before and done well. Similar to 04. Lolll funny how things happen
I think this is a very good idea. The only question is do we want to move Jackson out of that right edge for the first 20 where he has been so good. It might be something des may be willing to go for and makes sense to me.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
A lot of people picking Mbye. Do you really want a guy to play Hooker in the Grand Final when he's never played Hooker before?
Played there a lot in NSW CUP this year and last.

Cook isn't ready, Maitua isn't a hooker and it's prone to brain snaps.

At a pinch you could pay Hodko at hooker and Mbye in halves with Reynolds.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can see two options - either Reynolds would go to hooker, Mbye into the halves would be one or Reynolds to hooker, Williams into the halves with Franky starting and Maitua to the bench.

The GF is going to be a massive ask from Mbye - he hasn't even played finals which is a step up from a normal season game and it's a completely different situation to Thurston who played quite a few games in 2004.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Disappointed in Ozman not being in the poll selections

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i am split between maitua and mbye.

Fonando

New Pup
Reaction score
I would love to see Frank da tank in his normal spot, put T-Rex in replacement for Ennis, he has played everywhere else. Reni in as last option on bench, use him only if we really need to.

Fonando

New Pup
Reaction score
Ennis will play, if he fractured his ankle he would have been in a moon boot and would not be putting any pressure on it by carrying his kids around the field at the end of the game.

Biggest mind game for the biggest game of the year.
I like the way you think and just hope you are right, these mind games a doing my head in LOL

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The big question is, if Ennis is out and Mbye plays, will Mbye give Ennis his ring?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mbye played five-eighth for Qld 20s, and junior kangaroos.
Keirran Moseley played hooker for qld origin from memory.

Maybe we can SOS Corey Hughes?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Everyone saying Reynolds to hooker, you need to be able to defend strongly at hooker. Reynolds defence is not up to 80mins at hooker.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As a result of his brilliant current form and leadership..the only person on earth who can replace Ennis is Chuck Norris.. Only problem, Chuck is afraid of James Graham!

Mikey202b

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
Reaction score
Safest and smartest option would be Josh Reynolds! 1) he has done it before! He can be the Clive churchill winner fron there! He can be the difference.

2) we then have multiple options for 5/8. I would put Williams there and start with Pritchard! We wilk out muscle the rabbits with a monster team. They struggled against Roosters in first 15 min but roosters couldnt maintain it. WE CAN.

3) Matuia on the bench as he can play 5/8 or hooker and maintain our size on the bench!

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would play reni maitua at hooker and keep the rest of the team the same. Big disruption to move reynolds to hooker for a big game like this. James graham definitely must be named as captain.

doggies_92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
8- tolman
9- Jackson
10- graham
11- finucane
12- Williams
13- Eastwood

14- Maitua
15- klemmer
16- Pritchard
17- Browne

huge gamble with Jackson at hooker but I think we need someone who can hold out those big Souths forwards

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
8- tolman
9- Jackson
10- graham
11- finucane
12- Williams
13- Eastwood

14- Maitua
15- klemmer
16- Pritchard
17- Browne

huge gamble with Jackson at hooker but I think we need someone who can hold out those big Souths forwards
Was thinking along these lines myself. I just think we Weill miss his impact out wide.
I'm honestly stuck on where to go. Hope Des has an Ace up his sleeve.
Maybe Reni as safe, or Mbye at a Gamble. Reynolds could handle it but not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.