Who should be the Bulldogs halves for Round 2?

Who should be the Bulldogs halves for Round 2?

• Drew Hutchison & Matt Burton

Votes: 28 18.7%
  • Toby Sexton & Matt Burton

Votes: 50 33.3%
  • Toby Sexton & Drew Hutchison

Votes: 47 31.3%
  • Toby Sexton & Connor Tracey

Votes: 13 8.7%
  • Drew Hutchison & Connor Tracey

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Toby Sexton & Blake Taaffe

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Drew Hutchison & Blake Taaffe

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My team for R.2 would be: taking into account that the fox is out.
(1) Chriten. (we need to strengthen our spine first of all).
(2) Skelton.
(3) Xerri.
(4) Burton. ( Penrith wanted him to play in the centers) If he dosent want to for us he can look for another club.
(5) Kiraz.
(6) Hutcheson. (can kick the ball, dont know if Tracy is fit).
(7) Sexton.
(8) King.
(9) Mahony.
(10) Poasa.
(11) Kickau.
(12) Preston.
(13) Curan.
(14) Hayward, (I realy like what I've seen from him in the cup on Sunday).
(15) Hughes.
(16) Katonga.
(17) Salmon. (can play in the backs if needed).
Agree. Tracey fit throw him in as 5/8 as first option. Not too confident in Hutch/Sexton pairing myself.

But Ciro won't be changing the team and searching for improvement. He is a sticker coach and not concerned about week to week wins...it's all about the long term rebuild to be celebrated in a few years when we have all bases covered. Feels like these are the throwaway years as part of the CC/Gus master plan.

I could be wrong tho. He may pick the best players for their positions next week and try some tweeking.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing will change for around 3 months just like the Perham failure. Sadly the season will be done and dusted by then.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nothing will change for around 3 months just like the Perham failure. Sadly the season will be done and dusted by then.
Ciraldo will click us into gear, he will learn from the mid season slump last season.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Too early for Papalii and O’Neill???? [emoji23][emoji23]

1 - Wilson
6 - Taaffe
7 - Hutchison

Burton & Critta Centres.
Curran Lock
Kiraz & Xerri wing
Salmon 14

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sexton is no Johns, but needs to be the #7 until the young pup is ready in a few years....we can't have this chopping and changing consistently in the halves year in, year out

ffs stop these musical chairs in the halves

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
CC isn’t changing the halves but he may as well swap them and have Hutchinson play left seeing he knows how to unlock Kikau

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. Tracey fit throw him in as 5/8 as first option. Not too confident in Hutch/Sexton pairing myself.

But Ciro won't be changing the team and searching for improvement. He is a sticker coach and not concerned about week to week wins...it's all about the long term rebuild to be celebrated in a few years when we have all bases covered. Feels like these are the throwaway years as part of the CC/Gus master plan.

I could be wrong tho. He may pick the best players for their positions next week and try some tweeking.
You won't be wrong, C C is very predictable in his selections, if he dose'nt care about wining as many games as possible, he should be sacked ASAP, stuff the long term plans, the more games we lose this year the harder it will be in 25--26 --27 etc.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You won't be wrong, C C is very predictable in his selections, if he dose'nt care about wining as many games as possible, he should be sacked ASAP, stuff the long term plans, the more games we lose this year the harder it will be in 25--26 --27 etc.
The current roster and rep players will quickly become disillusioned as their reputations go out the window if that's his thinking. There's no urgency so it seems a reasonable explanation.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
honestly it should be
1 Tracey
2 Wilson
3 crighton
4 burton
5 kiraz
6 hutch
7 sexton

would add fox for Wilson once back from injury
This could happen only after all the chances fail to turn Burton into a 5/8.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Burton can still kick from centre, they would just be more cross-field, which might be more threatening than his current straighter kicks that are not getting any turnovers or causing any pressure.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
it is stupid for people to think the assistant would change the halves combination after game 1 that he worked on and prepared in the pre season.