Who Should Be Our Coach in 2009 ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to say it but Folkes maybe on borrowed time.

He does need to prove to everyone that he can coach and this is his best year to prove it.

Look the guy has talent but like Chris Mortimer (or was it Peter) said recently that he looks like, at timies, that he is coaching in the early 80s.

We have some great attacking weapons and need to be a bit more inventive.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin Moore will probably be next in line.

I think if he doesn't get the gig soon he will be coaching FG elsewhere.

Imagine that.

3 brother-in-laws the last 3 Dogs coaches !

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hate these threads. I'll stick with whoever the club decides to put in the role.

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
stick wif folkes, but they should give him a quicker backline. And then think about replacing him if it doesnt pan out.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
i luv folkes but i also luv Hazem and i think this should b their last yr playing 4 the dogs. TBH if u wanna compete with the storm or the cowboys we need an up tempo sort of strategy and we wont get that with some of our players due to their chronic injuries and depreciating speed. Same goes with folksie, id luv him 2 stay but for the greater good of the success of the club he needs 2 go.

Just like wat Brutus said about Caesar in that he loved Caesar but he loved Rome more :p.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Like any coach if he doesnt perform he will get axed...until then hes in. Finishing 6th this year despite not doing much in finals, isnt what you call failing exactly. Never seen a coach sacked that made the finals that year.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like any coach if he doesnt perform he will get axed...until then hes in. Finishing 6th this year despite not doing much in finals, isnt what you call failing exactly. Never seen a coach sacked that made the finals that year.
Graham Murray in 2000 was sacked after making the GF.

Mighty_Matt

Waterboy
Reaction score
whether you like folkes or not I would hate us to be a club that cuts a coach mid year. If his coaching ability isnt up to scratch, do ita t the end of teh eyar, have some class. I havent been folkes's biggest fan over the last year, but its a new year with new circumstances im willing to see what he brings, and what changes he brings (as eluded to be the general)

sherwinisagun

bulldog member '07
Reaction score
I am grateful for what folkes has brought to the club, so i say that he should stay

Status
Not open for further replies.