Who is/was your favourite player growing up from the Bulldogs?

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary Dowling. I loved him. I ran on the field once as a kid and gave him a pat on the back after a game. I still remember that moment and being in awe of my idol.
Ha ha so did I! I used to go into his sports shop in Bankstown a lot too!

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Stan cutler
Peter kelly
Paul dunn
Terry lamb
Paul langmac
Luke patten
Hasem elmasari
Mark o'meley

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So many memories but hard to forget the try he scored against the roosters 03’ when we came back to score in the last 2-3 mins to win the game. Anasta set for field goal and Shifty threw the cut out to Utai !
It was around about that time i was driving in the car with 2 of my boys and had my Dogs shirt on when the car in front stopped on a quiet spot the girl got out because she saw my shirt and asked if i wanted Matt to say gidday to us he was in the car with her very nice of them.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It was around about that time i was driving in the car with 2 of my boys and had my Dogs shirt on when the car in front stopped on a quiet spot the girl got out because she saw my shirt and asked if i wanted Matt to say gidday to us he was in the car with her very nice of them.
That’s awesome..boys would have loved it

doggy bill

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Steve Reardon
Robert Relf
Jamie Feeney
Matt Ryan
Gary Connelly

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Steve Mortimer. The final series 1979 he was a God.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve Mortimer. Met him 3 few times.
At the Royal Easter Show signing autographs when I was high school age.
At a service station at Revesby (crn of River Rd and Uranus Rd) - both customers.
Playing pool at Revesby Pub. My friend broke, the white went off the table and on his way walking past (leaving the pub) Steve Mortimer picked it up off the floor and handed to me. I didn't even know he was there til then.
When I watched him as a kid with my Dad in those big games at the SCG in front of 50,000 I never thought I'd get to meet him.
He had that great acceleration to make line breaks and a great chip and chase in attack and he was the best cover tackler I ever saw in defence.
Terry Lamb was my fav after him. Never saw him play a bad game unlike our players these days. Best back up support player ever assisting in so many tries.
I also really liked our players who could hit hard in defence - David Gillespie, Dean Pay, Mark Brokenshire, Roy Asotasi, Sonny Bill, Frank Pritchard and Mark O'Meley who could knock players out with his shoulder while carrying the ball.
Barba was also a favourite. Never saw a better Dogs player than his 2012 season

Last edited:
Reactions: DT

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We've had some flashy players that usually get all the accolades but I have to agree with those that have mentioned Jason Hetherington. That guy was dripping in toughness. Loved his efforts.

Reactions: DT