Who is the Key for the Dogs in 2006 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who do you guys think is going to be the key player for us in 2006 ?

I think it is going to be Brent Sherwin. On paper we have a tremendous forward pack. Sherwin lost a bit of his magic last year but if he can bring some of that back in 2006 then we should be pushing for the title. Hopefully now Anasta has left he can concentrate on the field.

Opinions ???

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
obviously your 5/8th and halfback are the most important players on the field, so thats means i would have to say sherwin and holdsworth but im expecting more from sherwin since he had a couple of dissapointing games last season....

JL

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hodgo007 said:
Who do you guys think is going to be the key player for us in 2006 ?

I think it is going to be Brent Sherwin. On paper we have a tremendous forward pack. Sherwin lost a bit of his magic last year but if he can bring some of that back in 2006 then we should be pushing for the title. Hopefully now Anasta has left he can concentrate on the field.

Opinions ???
No single player but attitude, aptitude and no major injuries.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
I agree with JL, there is no single key. The guys must perform as a team and the younger hopefully are better for their experience in first grade last year.

We don't have the depth we had in years past so we must do the same as The Tigers did last year, gel as a unit. With the talent we do have, if the team does gel then we will be close to unstoppable. It will be like 2004 revisited (hopefully without all the dramas)

A

atomic_crimson

our 5/8 and shifty.... but yes they have to perform as a team...everyone has to do their bit... that was the difference between 04 and 05... 04 everyone was so insync... last year with the injuries they were not working together so it fell apart... on individuals it comes to shifty and holdsworth and how they pair up.... if we get a great 5/8 halfback combo and our forwards are going hard then itl come together

J-H13

Kennel Established
Reaction score
of course our 5/8th and halfback....sherwin is one of the experiencied guys in our team....if sherwin is on his game he is the best halfback in the game along side johns...also we have to have a strong bench....thats was a part of what won us the title in 04....so if we do have a strong bench and sherwin is on his game plus getting sonny bill to play as many games he can play we will be in the grand final.....also we have the foward pack in the game no doubt...so we should use to our advantage.....if we can our fowards to the the hard work and tire out the other teams and then bring out our bench that will be very good

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
sherwin is the guy who needs to improve

but that will come naturally with a full strength forward pack at his disposal

i want to see a return of his dangerous short range kicking game, finding el masri with a grubber 10 metres out or with a chip/cross field bomb to the sideline

H

Haztrick

Definatly Sherwin and Holdsworth..They need to be on key every match and have there combination really working well.. Once Shifty get's into the flow of things, I think DJ will follow and steop up also..Hopefully we see alot of Sherwin/El Masri combo again..

Sonny Bill also needs to really show what he is worth, expecially seeing that he is coming back from injury and all the media he has had on him..He need's to show he isnt just a one season wonder.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:
sherwin is the guy who needs to improve

but that will come naturally with a full strength forward pack at his disposal

i want to see a return of his dangerous short range kicking game, finding el masri with a grubber 10 metres out or with a chip/cross field bomb to the sideline
Spot on champ. Obviously its a team thing but the idea was to name the ONE key player. Remember a halfback is only as good as his go forward. With our international forward pack he shouldn't have too many excuses (hopefully).

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our forward pack.

8- O'Meley
9- Perry
10- Asotasi
11- Mason
12- Ryan
13- Grimaldi

14- Williams
15- Myles
16- Armit
17- Maitua

If those 10 boys are there for the vast majority of the season, then the Dogs will be RIGHT up there.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
K E said:
Our forward pack.

8- O'Meley
9- Perry
10- Asotasi
11- Mason
12- Ryan
13- Grimaldi

14- Williams
15- Myles
16- Armit
17- Maitua

If those 10 boys are there for the vast majority of the season, then the Dogs will be RIGHT up there.
Geez thats a great forward pack.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hodgo007 said:
Geez thats a great forward pack.
Easily one of the best if not THE best in the game.

Blue Beard

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think if we can have a relatively injury free season we will be right up there...
Willie Tonga will need to get back to his '04' form again and with Reni in the other Centre position we should carve them up.
Sure it is imperative that our forwards get a roll on for us, but the key is having some strike out wide.

H

Haztrick

I reckon our strongest pack would be..

Patten
El Masri
Maitua
Tonga
Utai
Holdsworth
Sherwin
O'Meley
Perry
Asotasi
Mason
Ryan
Grimaldi
-
Armit
Ngawini
Myles
Williams

madroota

Waterboy
Reaction score
Injuries.

If we remain relatively injury free, it'll be 2 premierships in 3 years.

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
combo in the halves is the key to the next premiership...

OH

and players staying off the injury list!

Status
Not open for further replies.