Who is going to be the surprise packet in 2010?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
barba idris and turner

Idris - knows now what footy is about in first grade and will build and be better, hopefully one of the best centres
Idris just needs to lose some weight and gain some fitness.

If Idris loses all that extra fat on his body, he will probably be able to turn quicker due to less weight being on him.

And fitness is important. Some of his runs are great where some are lacklusture efforts.

I think 2010 will be huge for Barba,Idris and Buddy but we'll see.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
i like warburton..he aint that big but seems to poke his head through the line..big year for barba..he has to make the step up..noddy only got one more year left..

rola

luv Goodwin
Reaction score
if idris becomes fitter then he will have a good year, and i think roberts will step up this year. i also like warburton...he has had some good plays this season

C

chipandchase

daniel harrison, he is now 95Kgs, he is the best forward juniuor to come through in years.
he is potentially our best backrower in the club.
Barba, a freak, u cant teach what he does.
If we are win next year, i reckon both players need to be in our 17

Terry Mortimer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They don't have to be in FG atm btw.

I'm interested to see who in your opinions, will have an amazing season or will turn into a rep player or a player who might get back into rep football. Much like how Goodwin and to a lesser extent, Buddy were the ones this year, I predict a good 2010 from:

Jamal Idris - There is a rep player in that body somewhere. Another off-season and some fitness will do him good.

Gary Waburton - I see an offload, strike weapon coming. He is developing a loose arm and could end up being an attacking weapon backrower.

Yileen Gordon - Don't know about rep footy but if he can increase his game time and have the impact he has been having, rep footy can't be too far away.

Ben Barba - I'm expecting a big year. I think he has the potential to be a star and I think with a contract on the line, he will produce really well.

What do you guys think?
wARBURTON With out a doubt. Out of all or Young guns, Morre has the biggest hopes for him. Watch what Morre does with him in the off season. . I think he stood up in the Parra game

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wARBURTON With out a doubt. Out of all or Young guns, Morre has the biggest hopes for him. Watch what Morre does with him in the off season. . I think he stood up in the Parra game
I really hope so too. I really like Gary now in terms of he is adding to his attack and his defence is terrific.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i really liked what i seen from nick taylor he is very quick got a good step and did some good defensive reads. i don't know if he will play first grade next year but a player of the future

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I am going to be the surprise packet. I am going to do posts you wont believe, people will make movies about my threads.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to be the surprise packet. I am going to do posts you wont believe, people will make movies about my threads.
You've already surprised me.

You've surprised me with how stupid you are.:sleepy:

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Nathan Benny
Jake Foster
Danial Harrison

those 3 are going to be surprise packages

Nick Taylor may nick (pun) Idris's position if Idris continues to show poor form in defence next season

but the most likely players to improve during the off season:

Warburton - I think he is fast improving himself in attack... with a solid off season, he might have a blinder next season

Gordon - He has been our x-factor off the bench this season... needs to lose more fat though... and he also needs to be more confident in passing the ball when he makes a break. If he is on the bench next season... i would expect him to come back in 2010 fitter and stronger

Goodwin - Surprise packet of 2009 for sure... great finisher, very strong to get over the line and his partnership with morris has been the best we have seen since the willie talau and matt utai partnership in 2002. he will come back stronger next season and i hope he maintains his 09 form for next season.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Nathan Benny
Jake Foster
Danial Harrison

those 3 are going to be surprise packages

Nick Taylor may nick (pun) Idris's position if Idris continues to show poor form in defence next season

but the most likely players to improve during the off season:

Warburton - I think he is fast improving himself in attack... with a solid off season, he might have a blinder next season

Gordon - He has been our x-factor off the bench this season... needs to lose more fat though... and he also needs to be more confident in passing the ball when he makes a break. If he is on the bench next season... i would expect him to come back in 2010 fitter and stronger

Goodwin - Surprise packet of 2009 for sure... great finisher, very strong to get over the line and his partnership with morris has been the best we have seen since the willie talau and matt utai partnership in 2002. he will come back stronger next season and i hope he maintains his 09 form for next season.
Not sure where you get Goodwin from. Its like calling someone the Rookie of the year in thier 2nd year in FG. He already was a surprise this year, and i dont think he can get better unless he learns how to fly. He has lost the element of surprise we all know he can play now.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure where you get Goodwin from. Its like calling someone the Rookie of the year in thier 2nd year in FG. He already was a surprise this year, and i dont think he can get better unless he learns how to fly. He has lost the element of surprise we all know he can play now.
Best comment you've made in a long time and I agree 100%. He can't improve much more, he's had a great year. The only thing he needs to improve are his decisions in defence but that comes with experience.

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben Roberts to play more than one good game in the season................
Unfortuantely, and I am a Roberts fan. But i hope he does have much more then one good game next year.

SO i do agree with your post totally.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Idris.

We need someone experienced to take this guy under his wing and refine him.

We all have seen what he is capable off and he would be better if:

- Drop fat and put muscle on
- Heavy cardio after the above is done
- Be more intelligent on the field
- up his workrate
- work on his defensive technique
- Speed training
- leadership & discipline
- get a f*cken haircut, that mickey mouse act isnt intimidating anyone. If you want to be feared, shave your head so opponents know you mean business.

We have potentially one of the best league players in the game in our team. He is like an uncut diamond at the moment.

If he has the offseason most of us hope he will, he will be the most feared player in the game.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Idris.

- up his workrate
- Speed training
- get a f*cken haircut, that mickey mouse act isnt intimidating anyone. If you want to be feared, shave your head so opponents know you mean business.

We have potentially one of the best league players in the game in our team. He is like an uncut diamond at the moment.

If he has the offseason most of us hope he will, he will be the most feared player in the game.
agreed

he's got wayyyyyyyy too much potential not to have an absolute blinder next season.. heres preying he has a good off season

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Idris.

- up his workrate
- Speed training

Jamal with a shaved head and a clean shave. I might just fall in love:love:.

Bull4life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This should be Hickey's last year to prove himself. Every year we keep on saying "if he loses that fat he could be a great player with his size" but he just cannot do it. Idris also needs to lose some fat to make him more agile, Strength is not a problem, that just come naturally with him. If they both can do that, they could be the star performers

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Jamal cut his hair??

No thanks, it's his trademark. Wouldn;t want him any other way lol

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Dene Halatau.... he has been stale at the Tigers for a couple of seasons now, and in his own statement, needed a change. Well, he has gotten that, and will be a real big improver next year. Dene is physically and mentally strong and will thrive under the direction of Kimmorley.

Bull4life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jamal cut his hair??

No thanks, it's his trademark. Wouldn;t want him any other way lol
Like with Symonds in cricket, Idris's stands out which is what marketer's are looking for. If Symond's did not fup, he would have been on top for endorsements

Status
Not open for further replies.