Who do you think will be our next one team life member player?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
I seriously hope Barba stays with us for the rest of his career, but in all fairness to him, he does seem to have some other outside influences which may affect him signing a life contract with us, so my money is on Reynolds, born and breed Bankstown boy, cant see him playing for anybody else if his form continues. Any other thoughts because we have such a great future with all our young guys coming into the team from the NYC.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Its really sad to say, but the odds are barba going to townsville the second bowen retires.. Its closest to his home mackay, and he will be playing origin for queensland soon.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Its really sad to say, but the odds are barba going to townsville the second bowen retires.. Its closest to his home mackay, and he will be playing origin for queensland soon.
My heart dreads and thinks the same thing..

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
I reckon Barba will be the next one to do the runner on us. He is a good kid with a lot of decency about him. He has fallen in with Mundine though and defends his every move, I have a bad feeling it is going to happen.

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
calm down people..... BARBA IS A BULLDOG!!! He is signed to 2015....

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd put money on barba leaving. He does seem like a good bloke but also seems very family oriented and seems that he misses home alot. Can't really blame him I guess. Just the way I see it

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ben Barba is 23 signed until 2015 which brings him to 25, imo still very young if he signs with another club they would throw big coin at him plus a 3 to maybe 4 year deal by the end of that contract he will be 28-29. What a future he has ahead of him still young at this point in his life.

I really hope he stay with the Dogs for life.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we all know a contract means nothing these days, wouldnt matter if hes signed until 2070 they just walk out with the blessing of the nrl

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon Barba will be the next one to do the runner on us. He is a good kid with a lot of decency about him. He has fallen in with Mundine though and defends his every move, I have a bad feeling it is going to happen.
Maybe he will come out and say he wants to start boxing?

He started a family here - is his partner from Sydney? Would be hard for him to move back north if that is the case considering her family is here.

If the dogs treat him well/pay him fairly, he will stay.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
really don't wanna see barba leave :(
I will cry tears of blood............ If he ever left, it will be devastating, much more so the day Pricey signed with the Warriors.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does everyone forget when SBW was shy, humble and grateful to the Dogs, and after hanging around with 'the greatest athlete this country has ever seen', started playing the victim card and whinging about stupid ****. We all know what happened after that...

For whatever reason, Mundine has a big influence on people and gets in their ear making them feel like victims. Hopefully Barba will remain how he is now. Very humble, happy and a great role model for kids. I would hate to have to someday tell my 3 boys that Barba is leaving the Dogs.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he announces that khoder Nasser is his new manager, we're fucked !
Lets hope that was just a photo and not the start of something worse !

P

Paint.

Well the current options from our FG team are...

Barba
Lafai
Reynolds
Kasiano
Jackson
Finucane
Klemmer
Taupau

There's a few other juniors in the reserves, but no one that will be making their mark on FG any time soon

B

bulldogs_fan_69

If Barba is to leave, it won't be for more money. He will receive whatever coin he asks for at the dogs, he's the face of our club and for this reason I can't see our club letting him slide. I can however see him possibly retiring at another club, maybe signing his last contract at the cowboys or broncos.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he announces that khoder Nasser is his new manager, we're fucked !
Lets hope that was just a photo and not the start of something worse !
The problem is the Bulldogs cannot control who the boys hang out with in their own time, And the one problem Barba nor the Dogs needs is him being drawn into the Nasser/Mundine web, Nasser will be telling him he's worth much more and can get millions by leaving, and Mundine will be telling him your the best and to use the race card and the rest of it. I hope Barba has some sense and doesn't fall into the SBW trap.

As for life members, it's hard to say because we've all seen many players leave when they're offered big bucks elsewhere. Pride of wearing a jersey has long since gone out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.