Who do you prefer as a halves combo??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
weve had so many similar threads, all i know is sherwin needs to be there at 7

Only way we can get all 3 in is if roberts plays hooker which could be an exciting move.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
weve had so many similar threads, all i know is sherwin needs to be there at 7

Only way we can get all 3 in is if roberts plays hooker which could be an exciting move.
Who says Holdsworth can't play hooker?

PeaKer

Origin Rep
Reaction score
If Mason improves his kicking game he'd go alright at HB. So for me it's:

6. Hickey

7. Mason

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i only talk about the tigers when you guys bring it up, like i said bulldogs is my second team ive already been to 4 game of theres this year
I thought you only watch our games because of your gambling addiction.

W

Willie Talol'd

After watching Warriors game:

6. O'Meley
7. Sonny

Nah but seriously I would go for:

6. Roberts
7. Shifty

14. Holdsworth

Or even switch Roberts around with DJ. The reason for this is Benny has the spark the Bulldogs need in a game, he has speed, agility and nice kicks. He has a super fast step that baffles defence, good at spotting gaps and excellent at breaking tackles. He also is a pretty good defender but can improve.

Blessed

OurTeam-OurFamily-OurArmy
Reaction score
i think roberts and holdsworth are the dogs best option, sherwin isnt in good form and roberts and holdsworth did look like they were building a dynamic combo at the start of the season, and the fear of sherwin leaving was the reason he was rushed back in not on form

for me i would have roberts and holdsworth as the halves combo
with sherwin at hooker or on the bench

Thoughts?
What’s is with you 'BenjiDaGreat'.. The last few discussions you have initiated have been complete crap..

How can you think DJ is in better form then Sherwin.. You don’t directly state that but you must obviously think that if you are stating Holdsworth and Roberts deserve the two positions.

If anyone is going to play hooker out of the three, i would say it’s going to be either Roberts or Holdsworth. Everyone goes on about Ngawini's poor defence as the reason his not in the team, but i doubt Sherwin’s would be any better as hooker!

For me at the moment.. Sherwin and Roberts combination for sure!

alz_274

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
personally all those who reckon shifty should be hooker, i doubt it will happen till the day wen dj establishes himself as a good running 5/8 and roberts is just too good and has well and truly earned the number7. till that day happens shifty is either hb or pl

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Roberts
Sherwin

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sherwin and Roberts didnt play together long enough to get used to playing alongside each other,Holdsworth is getting another chance,lets hope he runsamuck!

P

premiers07

Now

Roberts/Sherwin

Future

Holdsworth/Roberts
for now the team is best served with roberts on the bench and replacing perry.we need his speed and vision around dummy half

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
Maybe Holdsworth is a better prospect at halfback? He seems to want to pass and kick more than run. Either way Holdsworth on form this year is behind Roberts for a 6 jumper, and behind Sherwin for a 7 jumper.

berryman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i wouldnt mind seeing roberts in at hooker. he is a good runner and if he comes off the bench could add the spark we need.
i would also through koups in 5/8, but i dont have a clue if he has any kicking game...

Status
Not open for further replies.