Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Human growth hormons

oh , i am sure operations can fix the dodgy knees for another 10 -15 years, you probably need harmones if you want to play professional sports or something

do you use glucosomine tablets for your joints/ knee pain?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
oh , i am sure operations can fix the dodgy knees for another 10 -15 years, you probably need harmones if you want to play professional sports or something

do you use glucosomine tablets for your joints/ knee pain?
I was told to take krill oil but that did nothing

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was told to take krill oil but that did nothing
i am trying glucosomine , but i dont take them every day as i should.

If i dont play sports i have no problem with me knees at all, only when i do jumps and runs and sports.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
i am trying glucosomine , but i dont take them every day as i should.

If i dont play sports i have no problem with me knees at all, only when i do jumps and runs and sports.
I'll will try it if it works, it does get worse in winter

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll will try it if it works, it does get worse in winter
a lot of people swear by it,

the problem is you have to take one every day and as soon as you stop you are back to sqaure one... it is a bit like panadol i guess.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
yes sir nothing like playing a lil dirty

im completely diff person on a sporting field thats why i love josh reynolds and mick ennis (there you go wolfie)

ill mark up tight grab their shirt and tuck it into my pants and hold it there :D
Haha man I am the exact same. I play left back (am one of the few on the team who can kick left footed although I am naturally a right footer) but when I step on that field This competitive nature in my comes out and I am an absolute grub- sneaky tugs are one of my favs

I play in a local church comp down in Wollongong just a social comp!!

In summer I play touch footy

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I play Baseball, I alternate between 4th and 3rd grade depending on the season (I play winter and summer comps), I also coach a junior team under 14s

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Glucosamine and Krill oil are like most vitamins. They either work for you or they don't. All large studies on Glucosamine found only a placebo effect but if it works for you then it works for you.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not currently playing sports but started going back to the gym about a month ago after a few years off. Getting back into shape.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not currently playing sports but started going back to the gym about a month ago after a few years off. Getting back into shape.
I'll find out on Wednesday if my Cardiologist clears me for the gym (cardio and light weights)

I'm hoping to God "muscle memory" is a real thing lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll find out on Wednesday if my Cardiologist clears me for the gym (cardio and light weights)

Definitely a thing. My muscles always remember how lazy I really am.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Used to play Tennis (local comp), sand/sprint training, as well as touch footy. But these days my shoulders and knees aren't the best (ligaments and impingements), plus family history of loose joints.

Used to do personal training but had to pull out to save money for living expenses since moving out of home.

I can still sprint and get around, but the other year I rolled my ankle badly and damaged a ligament in my foot/ankle. As such I now get the odd impingement if I change direction quickly.

Winter time is fun for me, when all the joints tighten up and bone rubs on ligaments, or vice versa. I tend to lose a bit of power in my knees then.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Glucosamine and Krill oil are like most vitamins. They either work for you or they don't. All large studies on Glucosamine found only a placebo effect but if it works for you then it works for you.
Yea, I've taken glucosamine.
Did jack shit. But I have some pretty serious arthritis, though.
I would imagine, if you had some cartilage left and were looking for something to reduce inflammation it might work (but probably not as well as a real anti-inflammatory).

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Good luck with the doc brother.

It is a thing. My current rate of improvement is very good.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Attn : IndianDog

If ever you need a Friday nite ring-in, remember we had this chat. :p

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Attn : IndianDog

If ever you need a Friday nite ring-in, remember we had this chat. :p
underwood indoor sports club, Friday at 7:00pm

look for indian/ afghans/ aussie blokes yelling and screaming at each other with bat and ball in the hand.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I Play indoor Football in my work team, Lunchtime on Thursdays, i used to be the Goal Keeper as i was too lazy to run, but nowadays i playout in the field.

It kills me every game, i am not a sweater, but after each game i look like i just got sprayed with a hose

Status
Not open for further replies.