Whipper Snipper

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our 2043 Aust Rep front rower in early training.
Not meaning to crap on the human. But I hope we're signing the goat at this stage. I just see a lot of Dylan Napa in that little boy.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not meaning to crap on the human. But I hope we're signing the goat at this stage. I just see a lot of Dylan Napa in that little boy.
Harsh. He is just learning to absorb the hit and cushion his fall and roll away ;) Comes back for more and isn't intimidated. A true Bulldog. Sign him up :grinning:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I got the Ryobi because I liked the fact the battery was interchangle with a bunch of their products. They have since upgraded to the 36v batteries but I got the old 18V. Only used for a small area but works fine definitely strong enough with the 4Ah battery. Bonus I can use it for my drill, blow vac and hedger.
I've got the full Ryobi battery powered set for the convenience (2 batteries). I've got a lot of hedges so have a couple of trimmers as well as lawn edger, whipper snipper, mower, blower and probably one of two others. My lawn is on the smaller side overall and flat. I think the cheaper battery brands (Ozito, Ryobi) would easily cover your average suburban yard, and the more expensive brands would cover most others. Why stuff about with petrol, or worse, 2 stroke?

(I once had a corded electric hedge trimmer but gave it up after ii accidentally cut the cord - twice. Lucky i have a mate that's a a sparky).

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think real men get petrol powered sniper mower.. my neighbour has all electric and I just laugh as I power past him.. I’m muttering under my breath all sorts of insults as he uses his electric equipment

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I think real men get petrol powered sniper mower.. my neighbour has all electric and I just laugh as I power past him.. I’m muttering under my breath all sorts of insults as he uses his electric equipment
Electric whipper snippers and lawn mowers are for girls.

I can understand a 60 year old lady wanting to use Electric.
They're a lot lighter than petrol.

Not all women are built like the women of the past.
My grandmother used to whipper snip and mow the front and back on a big block property at Greenacre.

She puts shame on many men and women of today!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Electric whipper snippers and lawn mowers are for girls.

I can understand a 60 year old lady wanting to use Electric.
They're a lot lighter than petrol.

Not all women are built like the women of the past.
My grandmother used to whipper snip and mow the front and back on a big block property at Greenacre.

She puts shame on many men and women of today!
If I want to lift heavy I’ll go to the gym. When I have a heap of makita batteries already it’s so much easier to use electric than having to drive to a servo for petrol & stinking the garage out

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
If I want to lift heavy I’ll go to the gym. When I have a heap of makita batteries already it’s so much easier to use electric than having to drive to a servo for petrol & stinking the garage out
I need to lift heavy because I don’t go to gyms.
Being as big as I am it would be pathetic if I couldn’t lift heavy!

like I say it depends on the size of the yard you’re trimming.
If you only have a small yard then for sure, electric will do the trick.

But don’t kid yourself into believing you will breeze through a Padstow front and back yard with electric!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I need to lift heavy because I don’t go to gyms.
Being as big as I am it would be pathetic if I couldn’t lift heavy!

like I say it depends on the size of the yard you’re trimming.
If you only have a small yard then for sure, electric will do the trick.

But don’t kid yourself into believing you will breeze through a Padstow front and back yard with electric!
The new electric range might surprise you though. Some are pretty big now too. I could pay someone to do my lawns but actually enjoy it and the beers in the pool after. The electrics are quiet and very easy to switch on or off. I hate leaf blowers though

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the Ryobi because I liked the fact the battery was interchangle with a bunch of their products. They have since upgraded to the 36v batteries but I got the old 18V. Only used for a small area but works fine definitely strong enough with the 4Ah battery. Bonus I can use it for my drill, blow vac and hedger.
Not sure if you know, but I’ve got the 36V battery pack for other garden items, and it’s friggin heavy. If I had my time again I would’ve chosen the 18v battery pack and would be happy to get an extra battery to charge whilst using the other. Stihl whipper snipper is my favourite, don’t think I’d swap to battery option. Just my opinion of course.

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure if you know, but I’ve got the 36V battery pack for other garden items, and it’s friggin heavy. If I had my time again I would’ve chosen the 18v battery pack and would be happy to get an extra battery to charge whilst using the other. Stihl whipper snipper is my favourite, don’t think I’d swap to battery option. Just my opinion of course.
Thanks mate I actually thought I was outdated with the 18V :tearsofjoy:

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks mate I actually thought I was outdated with the 18V :tearsofjoy:
I just looked on the Bunnings website, the 36v ryobi battery weighs 1.6kg. Think about this, then you have to put it on the end of an item. For example I have a tree looper, friggin heavy when you are reaching above to cut. Don’t get me wrong the battery life is good, but not worth the weight the battery comes in. We got ripped off with that too, we thought when it came out let’s get something with more power, each item we separately had to pay for. We bought the item looper sleeve I think they call it, oh you need a battery, oh you need to charge the battery. All items were separate. It worked out a lot. Spewing when I see some Ryobi deals where they give you two 18v batteries for the price of one. Now you can relax knowing the 18v is a good choice. Not wingeing at you but stick to what you have. Charge one battery whilst using another battery.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I just looked on the Bunnings website, the 36v ryobi battery weighs 1.6kg. Think about this, then you have to put it on the end of an item. For example I have a tree looper, friggin heavy when you are reaching above to cut. Don’t get me wrong the battery life is good, but not worth the weight the battery comes in. We got ripped off with that too, we thought when it came out let’s get something with more power, each item we separately had to pay for. We bought the item looper sleeve I think they call it, oh you need a battery, oh you need to charge the battery. All items were separate. It worked out a lot. Spewing when I see some Ryobi deals where they give you two 18v batteries for the price of one. Now you can relax knowing the 18v is a good choice. Not wingeing at you but stick to what you have. Charge one battery whilst using another battery.
Thanks mate appreciate the insight. I feel better about my 18V now. I got 2 batteries and I cycle them between 4 Ryobi products. Yard area is small so they work really well