Which players failed to live up to expectations?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ponga this year would have to be up there, Flannagan the same.
Flannagan was never good to begin with. People overrated him for no reason.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I can't believe that no one mentioned Tim Smith. Had the best rookie season by a halfback ever and people were calling him the next Andrew Johns.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The warriors prop that went to tigers then medically retired a couple years ago. He looked like kasiano. I thought he was going to be awesome

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
just curious which players people rate(d) that - for whatever reason - failed to live up to expectations?

for example, I was a fan of Feleti Mateo from his Junior Kangaroos days --> the size of a prop, mobile enough to play in the back row, great offload, the ball skills to play in the halves etc... could have been anything but overall, had a disappointing career IMO

Nasheed here,
Interesting choice.
Used to watch Feleti as a kid in Balmain jrs.
When he was 11/12 u just passed him the ball and he would run 100m and score everytime. Never seen a kid doninate like that.
He wasn’t overly big but he was big enough and was fast and strong and had a great fend

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arana Taumata was destined for great things in my opinion.
He was a freak and I thought he was better than Barba when they were coming through.
Taumata debuted in FG ahead of Barba for a reason... similarly skilled but physically more robust than Barba

a head case though from memory --> eg. once turned up to Panthers with a dog then caused a stink when the dog was not let in to the club

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taumata debuted in FG ahead of Barba for a reason... similarly skilled but physically more robust than Barba

a head case though from memory --> eg. once turned up to Panthers with a dog then caused a stink when the dog was not let in to the club
Yep he had speed and agility to burn.

I’m pretty sure he had a thousand indiscretions and was sacked from multiple clubs but he was bloody talented and completely wasted it.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paki Afu... I'm not sure if he ever played FG but watching our juniors back in 2008-2009, I was expecting him to progress into FG and be star for us