Which forwards do we sign?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So far tonight Leniu looks like an expensive version of Atoni
You can see he will come good though... His energy, strength and mobility is outrageous and I think he will be near the best in 2-3 years.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not going to make a huge wishlist since I barely watch more than Bulldogs games anymore. But as far as RFM goes, he can be good in patches. But at times it just annoys me that he tries to do more than is in his job description. Fancy footwork and offloads are great, but to start with you need to be throwing some weight at the line before you try the hero plays. I don't begrudge players trying things like this at times. But one of our biggest issues is that we still shoot ourselves in the foot with stupid errors that stem from a lack of composure.

Steve Bos

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would target Fletcher Baker from the Roosters. We need some size on an edge and he can play middle too. Would be hard to prize from the Roosters though as they don’t often lose good young players. Surprised he is still unsigned.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm excited about our outside backs.. but it means nothing if we have no go forward. Realistically, who should we sign to give us abit of grunt.

Here's the off-contract forwards, I bolded who I think we could utilise quite well, who would you pick? :

PROP
Bunty Afoa,
Leeson Ah Mau
Tom Ale,
Tom Amone,
Morgan Boyle,
Jackson Frei,
Wiremu Greig,
Samuel Hughes,
Josh King,
Isaac Liu,
Dunamis Lui,
Patrick Mago,
Thomas Mikaele,
Dylan Napa,
Ofahiki Ogden,
Russell Packer,
Aaron Pene,
Darryn Schonig,
Ava Seumanufagai, (Has been in great form for us and should sign at around 250-300k).
Aiden Tolman,
Jai Whitbread,
Aaron Woods a.ka flop

SECOND-ROW
John Asiata,
Fletcher Baker,
Dean Britt,
Egan Butcher,
Kurt Capewell, (QLD rep, has relationship with Barrett, Naden and Burton).
Bryce Cartwright,
Michael Chee-Kam,
Angus Crichton,
( former NSW rep but wouldn't pay overs)
Josh Curran,
Darius Farmer
, Lachlan Fitzgibbon,
Brock Gardner,
Alex Glenn
, Jack Gosiewski,
Brodie Jones
, Billy Magoulias,
Sam McIntyre,
Mark Nicholls,
Keenan Palasia,
Tyrone Peachey, (Would be great No.14).
Alex Seyfarth,
Iosia Soliola
Scott Sorensen,
Jaydn Su'a,
Ben Te'o,
Shane Wright

LOCK
Kaide Ellis,
Dale Finucane, (No-brainer at the right price, Bulldogs at heart and would be great leader for young fellas).
Corey Jensen,
Max King,
James Roumanos, (Re-sign him)
Chris Smith,
Ray Stone,
Sam Stone
It would be interesting to see what’s available in ESL too

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would target Fletcher Baker from the Roosters. We need some size on an edge and he can play middle too. Would be hard to prize from the Roosters though as they don’t often lose good young players. Surprised he is still unsigned.
He looked very good last week

DGAF

Waterboy
Reaction score
Matt Lodge
Paul Vaughan
Matt Parcell
Billy Magoulias
Jackson Ferris
Matt Dufty
Parcell plays the heads up footy needed at dummy half and Magoulias plays a ball player/first receiver role with Dufty playing in the line as a second five eighth.Duftys' attcking skills in the oppo 15-20 outweigh the liabilities,we can't score points at the moment.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What did the panel think of Seyforth last night? :grinning:

Malla

Reaction score
You can see he will come good though... His energy, strength and mobility is outrageous and I think he will be near the best in 2-3 years.
Not sure I agree. We said the same thing about Atoni 2 years ago and he hasn’t kicked on.

Leniu is Just a lump of shit playing on a great team making him look a lot better.