Which former 'Dogs player regrets leaving the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifelongBulldog

New Pup
Reaction score
I reckon there's plenty of former doggies players who just wish they had never left, especially after being THE most successful club in the past 25 years.

A few I can remember are David Gillespie, Paul Langmack, Paul Dunn, Andrew Farrar & Joe Thomas at the end of 1991, most of them have played with the dogs all their lives. Gillespie, Langmack, Thomas & Dunn went to Wests and never saw success, Paul Dunn won a premiership with Penrith so he might not have many regrets. Gillespie lost against the Dogs in 1995 GF, I wonder how he felt? But he won it with them a year later but I think he was injured & didn't play in the 96 GF??

If those players had stayed, do you think Dogs would have won a few more GF's?

Same with Jarrod McCracken, Dean Pay, Jason Smith & Jim Dymock, they left and our club was weak for years until that magick run in 1998. Canterbury could have won again in 96, 97 & 98. How ironic & how sweet it was to smash Parra in the '98 semi with those 4 traitors :D

But I reckon number 1 for players regretting leaving the Dogs and wishing he didn't sign that contract is Jim Serdaris. He played with us in 1993 then went to Wests, after we made the GF & won it in 95. Bet he wish he stayed lolol.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the players then left at the end of 2003 would of been kicking themselves for leaving

M

Mr Miyagi

Roy Asotasi by far followed by thurston.
no point crying over the old school players as their time is over.

B

Ben Godberts

lol vagana.
woo go the sharks do u enjoy watching the finals on tv every year

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Without a doubt Steve Price,it is frustrating when you look back to
Quote.
Same with Jarrod McCracken, Dean Pay, Jason Smith & Jim Dymock, they left and our club was weak for years until that magick run in 1998. Canterbury could have won again in 96, 97 & 98. How ironic & how sweet it was to smash Parra in the '98 semi with those 4 traitors
We have lost plenty of talent over the years but we always hang in there and claw back,maybe its the pride in the jersey,lets hope there is some loyalty still at the club in this era of $500,000 players

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I bet Asotasi is already regretting it. As is Anastien and Nate fourHUNDREDhead myles.

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
allof the names mentioned above

anyone leaving the dogs will regret it

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Anasta and Vagana

i wouldnt say Thurston regrets leaving, he has made a good name for himself.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
vagana doesnt regret leaving, he is getting paid well

so does anasta, and now asotasi and myles

Doggee71

Waterboy
Reaction score
I am not sure....but the word up here when thurston left was that the dogs kind of let him go as a result of the coffs harbour thing...
i dont play part and parcel to rumours and inuendo but that is what was said up here in QLD around town anyway.

"the bulldogs are an instituion most players love there time their and do regret leaving"

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
i heard that jim serdaris regretted leaving the bulldogs and tried to get out of his contract with manly

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Vagana had to leave the dogs because the brother hood insisted.

Since joining the sharks he has been a part time player full time Ninja.

Why do you think he is always injured. Because he does all those flips and kills samurais and might get hurt on his missions. Anyways the Dogs didnt let him be a full time ninja so that is why they got rid of him.

Look at these 2 pics i found on
www.whoisaninja.com.nj

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Vagana had to leave the dogs because the brother hood insisted.

Since joining the sharks he has been a part time player full time Ninja.

Why do you think he is always injured. Because he does all those flips and kills samurais and might get hurt on his missions. Anyways the Dogs didnt let him be a full time ninja so that is why they got rid of him.

Look at these 2 pics i found on
www.whoisaninja.com.nj

WTF???????!!!!?????

Status
Not open for further replies.