Which Dog house will go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stats dont mean crap especially in relation to williams being our "best" performed forward lol.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im warming to the idea of fifita playing wider next year at either lock or second row. Hence the pack incl:
8. Kas
9. Lichaa
10. Jammer
11. Pritchard
12. Fifita
13. Burr

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im warming to the idea of fifita playing wider next year at either lock or second row. Hence the pack incl:
8. Kas
9. Lichaa
10. Jammer
11. Pritchard
12. Fifita
13. Burr
the reason fifita is so good is his mix of size, strength and speed, these let him dominate up the middle and when he breaks into open space up the middle his speed gets him in the clear and able to lay tries on for others or score himself because he has time before any of the backs get to him and not many forwards can keep up. Having him out wide wouldn't have as great an impact

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
8. Kas
9. Lichaa
10. Jammer
11. Pritchard
12. Fifita
13. Burr
Have you actually seen much of Burr or are you just going off his debut last year. If you have that's fine but a lot of people on here seem to jizz over blokes based on what others have said or because they've seen a YouTube clip or 1 game.
I don't think burr brings any more than Finucane

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I don't think we will be releasing players in a hurry. If anything the off contract players who play in positions where we have promising young players to cover them are in trouble. Brown, Browne, Maitua Low etc. Then we have lost a heap of players since the start of 2013 and have only signed 2 (Maitua and O'hanlon) they wouldn't even make a dent in the cap room freed up by the departure of Barba, Turner, halatau, Payne, taupau, Romelo keating. Half of those guys signed when we couldn't attract a fly to a turd party so I dare say they'd have inflated contracts.
On top of all of this we have older guys like Eastwood and ennis either up for contract renewal or have contracts ending in 2015. That will allow us to backend deals and also use the cap increase to fit them in.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The article just says what we've been saying on here. Someone will be squeezed out.

The stats are interesting but I bet most of Tony's tackle busts don't result in much. The main issue with him is simply not hitting the ball up anywhere near enough. Yet he's picked week in, week out.

Best thing about the article is it says as far as Kasiano's manager and the club are concerned, he's staying put.

Also, I agree you wouldn't drop Finucane for Burr. Dale has experience and has played many good to very good games, whereas Lachlan just has potential. He'll get his shot in time.

jamescairns2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Williams has to stay because he can be a very good player, and we have seen good glimpses recently, if he doesn't perform this year then ill be ready to sit him out. If we were to remove anyone, it would unfortunately be Tolman, whilst he is an excellent workhorse, he is a lot like Graham without the X factor.

8. Fahita
9. Lichaa
10. Kasiano
11. Pritchard
12. Jackson
13. Finucaine

Graham playing impact after kasiano makes a dent, same with Williams

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tolman is on the books till the end of 2017, the chances of offloading him are incredibly slim

trex to expensive for someone else to take on

i don't like the idea of losing but if we do have to lose somebody (which btw we don't know for sure, its just media talk right now) kasiano is the only player who we could find a club willing to take his entire deal on

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
Have you actually seen much of Burr or are you just going off his debut last year. If you have that's fine but a lot of people on here seem to jizz over blokes based on what others have said or because they've seen a YouTube clip or 1 game.
Yes, I agree with this right here. A lot of people listing their team preferences have Burr in the 13, but Finucane killed it there last week. I saw one NYC game of Burr and he was a standout, and his debut showed good touches, but I would only consider Burr there if Finucane gets injured or loses form.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Moving Fifita to lock would allow us to keep our big name fowards, and I think he would be great at 13. Plus, chances are we will always have one or two forwards out with injury at any given game.

I like the look of this:

8. Graham
9. Ennis/Lichaa
10. Toman
11. Pritchard
12. Finucane/Jackson/Browne/Eastwod
13. Fifita

14. Kasiano (rotating prop)
15. Klemmer (rotating prop)
16. Williams (impact second rower)
17. Finucane/Jackson/Browne/Eastwood (Rotating second rowers)

Last edited by a moderator:

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's just jizzing. Burr will be extremely lucky to play 1st grade this year unless we get a mountain of injuries. O'Hanlon and Brown are streets ahead of Burr !

Billy Bean

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
8. Kas
9. Lichaa
10. Jammer
11. Pritchard
12. Fifita
13. Burr
Fifita could play anywhere except 9, great player. Finucane in front of Burr for me. Eastwood and Williams more chance of being moved than Kas in my opinion. English clubs may be an option to take on contracts.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's just jizzing. Burr will be extremely lucky to play 1st grade this year unless we get a mountain of injuries. O'Hanlon and Brown are streets ahead of Burr !
Burr has infinitely more potential that either of them.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Anybody else that doesn't get the title?

Status
Not open for further replies.