Which club has been our biggest rival?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
im still thinking of parra eels who were our biggest rivals because of the homeground share at belmore and i think the community in the C-B area have to choose their team.

i dont think our rivalry with the roosters comes as close as to our rivalry with the parra eels in the 80s but our rivalry with st. george comes very close behind to our rivalry with parramatta.

Which club has been our biggest rivals since we became the bulldogs in the late 70s?

>iTs A dOgG LyF<

.aka. DoG4LyFe
Reaction score
our biggest rivals have been (i was born in 88, i know the 80's, dad tells me stories)

80's= Parramatta

Today= 1)Roosters
2)Dragons
3)Eels

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
roosters will get up there by the end.. i guarentee it. this rivalry spawned with such adversity starting at 2002..

both sides are primed for ruling the millenium. it will go down in history in 20 years time as the fearsest rival ever.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Yep Parra and the Rorters. And to some extent the Dragons. There is no love lost against them.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
also all of our matches against newcastle start hard out..

don't think many of our boys like johns.. i mean you never hear about them hanging out with Johns in NSW camps. love a game against a full strength newcastle..

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Can't go past the Roosters, even if the rivalry was drummed up by the media and fans.

Anastabation

Reaction score
I'd say dragons because they have consistantly been respected as a worthy competitor since probably the mid to late 70's where as parra and easts have both been through lengthy form slumps over these yrs... parra and roosters individually have been more intense at diff stages then the dragons one has ever been at one time IMO.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah Dragons always perform but Choke in Big Matches!!!
What they won a Gf 77 or 78 and since than they have forgotten how to go all the way

Anastabation

Reaction score
Yeah they beat us in 79 on the back of a dubious forward pass.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Parra until the last few years. It is The Roosters now for sure

F

fatal1

yeh the roostersfor sure these days...

there is still alot of passion when the dogs meet the eels but main rivals now are roosters...

bulldogs v roosters is now bigger than man utd v arsenal..lol

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
fatal1 said:
yeh the roostersfor sure these days...

there is still alot of passion when the dogs meet the eels but main rivals now are roosters...

bulldogs v roosters is now bigger than man utd v arsenal..lol
And almost has as much violence :p

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
Parramatta in the 80's... but these days its the roosters!
i've never known 2 teams to have such intense hatred for one another as the case is with the Roosters and our Dogs!

- rivalling teams (the who-shouldve-won-2002 question)
- rivalling players (e.g. Hodges Vs Tonga)
- rivalling fans (silvertail rich arrogant latte-sipping Eastern-Suburbs people, with a prominent contingent of "evil types" (starting with "J") that conform to this description perfectly).

Last edited by a moderator:
A

atomic_crimson

i personnally believe the current roosters bulldogs rivarly is just a media creation... and had it been souths winning in 02 then it would have been them.... we get relegated to last and which ever team takes the title the media used it as something to generate a rivarly and it has worked...

but i suppose nothng beats the parra dogs rivarly...

Status
Not open for further replies.