Which aspect of the Bulldogs setup is hurting us the most at present?

Which aspect of the Bulldogs setup is hurting us the most at present?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

neovo89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
  • Mental approach (attitude, communication etc.)
  • Inability to wrap up the ball in defence
  • Defence at the ruck (wrestle, markers etc.)
  • Injured forwards
  • Coaches tactics (Player Combination's )
  • Defensive line speed
  • Attack at the ruck (play the ball speed, dummy half play etc.)
  • Lack of offloads
  • Kicking game

Any thoughts?

JnRLeB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
lol i think u just basically wrapped it all up lol

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think our biggest issue is our general pace in attack and defense. Every year we seem to be making the least amount of metres gained while every year we always continue to allow opposing sides to make 50+ metres a set.

Take a look back at the Bulldogs/Storm game, and just look at the difference in speed in terms of attack/defense.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
we are 3-1 i wouldnt say anything is "hurting" us at the moment. I dont see the need to disect a season because we lost 1 game which most teams would have lost, even St George. They will lose down there too for sure. Storm have a near perfect home record for a reason.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
we are 3-1 i wouldnt say anything is "hurting" us at the moment. I dont see the need to disect a season because we lost 1 game which most teams would have lost, even St George. They will lose down there too for sure. Storm have a near perfect home record for a reason.
Lucky you ain't the Bulldogs coach with that attitude.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lucky you ain't the Bulldogs coach with that attitude.
I would hope 1 loss wouldnt panic Moore into doing much differently. That was one fo the toughest matches we will play all year . We will get more fluent as the year goes on and have a new team missing big names like Morris and Eastwood. Im not phased, and i wont be phased if we lose the equally hardest match we will play all year, St Merge away. I dont buy into the mentality that there is anything wrong when we have won 3 out of 4. To me we are ahead of where i thought we would be right now even if we lose to Merge

neovo89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fair call, I feel that the three games we did win apart from the tigers we got lucky. I know it's early days and we have so many new combination's, i just wanted to get everyone's thoughts were we could improve.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
We are playing a good style of footy, bar Melbourne of course. We need forward dominance, good kick and chase, capitalise on our opportunities in attack and awesome defence.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Fair call, I feel that the three games we did win apart from the tigers we got lucky. I know it's early days and we have so many new combination's, i just wanted to get everyone's thoughts were we could improve.
I can see why you'd think that ... but we played 3 teams who completed over 80% of their sets. AND STILL WON !!!

Against Melbourne, they just pulled our pants down.
We completed 9/17 at HT - went to 9/18 (50%) in the 2nd tackle of the 2nd half, with Ennis's knock on.
It's widely acknowledged the video ref call swung momentum against us, and the completion rates show we dropped our bundle.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
seriously, we have lost 1 game ffs

BullDoggy10

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The best sides naturally do things quicker. ie The Storm last round. Consistancy is another factor.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
And the Storm had a bee up thier bum, coz they had thier pants pulled down the week before. They were beaten worse than we were. They would be hard in Melbourne without that extra motivation to redeem themselves after a shocker.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
We are playing a good style of footy, bar Melbourne of course. We need forward dominance, good kick and chase, capitalise on our opportunities in attack and awesome defence.
we are playing a good style of footy.!? But we need forward dominance,good kick chase,capitalise on our opportunities in attack and awesome defence.:p

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Bulldogs could be playing much better than we are right now. Tolman is basically our only prop doing anything, Goodwin has been awful, Stagg not the player he was 2 years ago and Barba not as involved as he should be. We need to be quicker in attack and defense.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
seriously, we have lost 1 game ffs
It's not as if we can't play, we just weren't ready for a red hot Storm side, but the Tigers and Roosters weren't ready for a committed Bulldog side that kept coming either so lets hope closer to home we can find that focussed steely eyed committment, the only thing that will hold us back is possession, we have to hold the ball tight, play the ball quick but properly and no dumb passes so we complete the sets. if we get it right we will go close to glory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.