Where's the sense??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tonight we will see 2 Sydney teams go at it at 7:30. At the same time we'll see a team from newcastle and brisbane play.

Newcastle has a diffirent television service. Brisbane has a diffirent television service. Sydney has a diffirent television service.

My Point?

WHY THE HELL ARE WE STUCK WATCHING TEAMS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH SYDNEY IN SYDNEY WHEN WE CAN BE WATCHING SYDNEY TEAMS!!!!!

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Because Channel Nine are complete idiots and weren't needed and channel ten should of got the rights instead.

Fox sports could support all televised games for every round if it wanted to.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Souths and Brisbane is just about the game of the round.

We have played garbage all season and are against a tigers side with half their side out.

Unfortunate decision for us, but the right one for fans of pretty much every other team in the comp.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ummmm it's Broncos v Souths, South SYDNEY Rabbitohs.

HTH

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP failed.

Its Souths v Brisbane not Newcastle v Brisbane.

Also, no one wants to watch two teams in chitty form play against each other i.e. Bulldogs v Tigers, when they could be watching two of the best playing against each other.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
OP failed.

Its Souths v Brisbane not Newcastle v Brisbane.

Also, no one wants to watch two teams in chitty form play against each other i.e. Bulldogs v Tigers, when they could be watching two of the best playing against each other.
True, the live game is 2nd v 6th, our game is 13th v 14th.

PS- Still hate having delayed games on Friday and Sunday.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol Oh it is Souths vs Brisy... Sorry peeps i thought it was the Knights. Lol carry on.. =P

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Channel 9 getting the rights again was the worst possible outcome

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Channel 9 getting the rights again was the worst possible outcome
Channel 9 have regular Nine & Go channels. Why cant they play both games live on each channel & then follow with the second game? Fox sports have done this with their Red button. Im sure they will get better ratings this way.

On Go tonight in Sydney they will have Kangaroo Jack @ 7.30 & Sin City @ 9.30. Who in the hell is going to watch that rubbish?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Channel 9 have regular Nine & Go channels. Why cant they play both games live on each channel & then follow with the second game? Fox sports have done this with their Red button. Im sure they will get better ratings this way.

On Go tonight in Sydney they will have Kangaroo Jack @ 7.30 & Sin City @ 9.30. Who in the hell is going to watch that rubbish?

Because FTA channels make money from viewership. If they split the games then they split their audience and only a few would watch the replay of the other game. This drastically reduces the amount of viewership and as such, reduces the amount of money they make.

harks76

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
May have stumbled across a link that will allow me to watch it, if not MMM does good radio coverage as I can't sit and wait till 9.30 be drunk by then

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Souths and Brisbane is just about the game of the round.

We have played garbage all season and are against a tigers side with half their side out.

Unfortunate decision for us, but the right one for fans of pretty much every other team in the comp.
Absolutely spot on.

Besides being a top game the Souths v Broncos game has a NSW side playing a Qld sidewhich brings big ratings for Channel 9 with no effort on their part.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because FTA channels make money from viewership. If they split the games then they split their audience and only a few would watch the replay of the other game. This drastically reduces the amount of viewership and as such, reduces the amount of money they make.
they used to play the other game on the other channel 9 stations. Last year id switch between games

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ill just watch a free stream, which is disappointing as the quality isn't the greatest

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Obviously its because the Brisbane vs Souths match will be more popular and get more advertising $$ (both teams are in the top 6) than our match which is a bottom of the table clash. Even fans of other clubs are likely to watch the Broncos match, its 2 good teams playing, and ours will likely only get fans of either club.

I know its hard not be be biased, and to want to see the match earlier, but i understand the reasons for it and it doesnt bother me.

And Klol, Newcastle are not playing tonight. HTH

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sunday games COULD be shown live, instead House Husbands repeats are more important.

Ch9 = retards, but we already knew that.

Status
Not open for further replies.