• AFB

Votes: 53 73.6%
  • Terrell May & Klemmer

Votes: 19 26.4%

• Total voters

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our problem for years has been the fact we dont have 2 solid forwards rather one bloke carrying the team and it started with Klemmer, then Jacko, Thompson, Vaughan, King, TPJ..... The only time we saw 2 blokes have a real dig through the middle was when Vaughan and King had a few games together.

Our main focus should be getting 2 even 3 quality consistent middles e.g Boncs and Riff and build off that.

Whilst AFB would be a solid get we honestly need someone to support and it cant be King as he should only be rotation.

My opinion, should be a third option.... we should throw everything at AFB, Klem and May... AFB and Klem for a few years to teach the young guys like May and kids like Montgomery, Todd and Hopoi.

AFB
Klem

King
May

Todd
Hopoi
Montgoremy
100% - been going on for years.

Its not about we need ONE forward.
Take a look at our 2004 pack and bench - demonstrates how thin we are now.

O' Meley
Willie Mason
Steve Price
Roy Asotasi
SBW
Andrew Ryan
Grimaldi
Corey Hughes
Adam Perry
Reni Maitua

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think Gus wants Luai unfortunately :(
Luai doesn’t fix our problems. He is a running 5/8. We need an organising 7.

Whilst he would cover this role better than what currently have. This is not his strength, and at over a million dollars a year would be a poor investment imo.

We need quality middles before worrying about who is half.

I get the feeling that Luai will take the cash somewhere and then settle back as an average footballer outside of the Penrith system.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring in Klemmer for 24, then add AFB for 25. This should slowly bring in the young forwards in 2-3 years.
This is a best case scenario outcome which ill be praying for. The young forwards at the club dont have any pack leaders to get around and havent for a couple of yrs now

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a best case scenario outcome which ill be praying for. The young forwards at the club dont have any pack leaders to get around and havent for a couple of yrs now
Leaders are so important. Bullfrog got great value out of Brokenshire and McGuire decades ago. Kevin Ryan and Bob McCarthy are rated two of the best signings ever.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the hope is
I want AFB cause he would solve our middle issue overnight but if it for 25 then May and Klem is probably the smarter option. May has a big future IMO
Can't see Roosters letting May go early. He will be a bargain on their sombrero for 2024, and an extra year and he is worth more, and that will mean that Roosters will have more to spend when he leaves. That's how the Roosters Sombrero works anyway, doesn't it? They sign on for X but when they leave the Roosters it frees up what they are worth, not the original contract.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring in Klemmer for 24, then add AFB for 25. This should slowly bring in the young forwards in 2-3 years.
Does anyone know if West Tigers will let Klemmer go for 2024 anyway? As I understand it, West Tigers are freeing up SC for the Luia offer, that is for 2025. Maybe if they let Klemmer go early they could do what we did with Cotric etc let them go two years early, but the payout comes out of the first year so it is free and clear the year after, when we were wanting to spend big.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you writing off Patolo and Hughes, bye Knight ?

Have we still got Josh Kalati ? I actually put him in the category with Hopoi, Todd and Montgomery.
Patolo still hasn't trained yet and I see more upside in the kids even though Hughes is training well this season.

Knight is looking super fit this year and ready to rip in but well see how his year pans out. It comes down to who you want and who u drop, Knight is a worse case scenario for me.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone know if West Tigers will let Klemmer go for 2024 anyway? As I understand it, West Tigers are freeing up SC for the Luia offer, that is for 2025. Maybe if they let Klemmer go early they could do what we did with Cotric etc let them go two years early, but the payout comes out of the first year so it is free and clear the year after, when we were wanting to spend big.
Nah let them keep Klemmer, I wouldn’t even take Klem on a reduced deal if it means we help the TigPies with cap space to get AFB.

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Leaders are so important. Bullfrog got great value out of Brokenshire and McGuire decades ago. Kevin Ryan and Bob McCarthy are rated two of the best signings ever.
Brokenshire agree but I don't recall Bruce McGuire doing fxxk all for us...late 90s I saw McGuire plastering on a jobsite at granville tafe

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Luai doesn’t fix our problems. He is a running 5/8. We need an organising 7.

Whilst he would cover this role better than what currently have. This is not his strength, and at over a million dollars a year would be a poor investment imo.

We need quality middles before worrying about who is half.

I get the feeling that Luai will take the cash somewhere and then settle back as an average footballer outside of the Penrith system.
I'm not for Luai but he's proven to play as an effective halfback on occasions.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
still need a quality half back and another powerhouse forward
I hate the thought of waiting for the key player to come back into the weekly squad to "win games"... Hate to bang the drum but it's about the team ultimately. Regarding props, each season a new couple key props sprout, have a look at the recent top earners, Gus is doing his thing, and CC is working with what he's being given. Hoping our forwards work hard, backs helping and tactics that'll help with yardage (I prefer a simple game with an offload and second phase that way it's interchangeable between missing forwards). It seems though today it's mainly about playing from the back through block plays, bit tiring for those not hitting up and needs chemistry and communication. I feel it's overused, but heck, Panthers have been successful with it so everyones onto it :confused:

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this song somes up our quest for a couple of quality props
Nice remix, yet prefer the bootleg original, i.e. the one before actually being released worldwide, yet only 750 vinyl pressed.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah let them keep Klemmer, I wouldn’t even take Klem on a reduced deal if it means we help the TigPies with cap space to get AFB.
That’s all it is.
Create space and use AGBs tigers connection to get him to concord and we facilitate it