Where to buy - Samsung S10E

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shit that’s a good deal. If it’s a promo though it’s open to everyone right?
No not available to everyone.

The Samsung Partnership Program (EPP) is a staff purchase program for Samsung Key Accounts and their employees. Companies registered in this program receive preferential pricing across the range of Samsung.

https://www.samsung.com/au/epp-guide/

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Buy a Nokia 6.1.. tank of a phone and does everything you need. $290 brand new unlocked. I don't see why a Samsung S10 is better
It's a good value phone, but in no way does it even come close to the S10.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That just shows how much markup are on these things.... as they'd still be making money at $600.

Probably made for under $200 a unit, sold to shops for $600 a piece, and stores are almost doubling the markup.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
That just shows how much markup are on these things.... as they'd still be making money at $600.

Probably made for under $200 a unit, sold to shops for $600 a piece, and stores are almost doubling the markup.
It's pretty much just plastic and wiring with a battery and glass screen... there's no way they cost that much. The cost per unit wouldn't anywhere near $600.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's pretty much just plastic and wiring with a battery and glass screen... there's no way they cost that much. The cost per unit wouldn't anywhere near $600.
Manufacture cost I reckon would be < $200, and sold to stores for $600. So Samsung making $400+ on each unit from point of manufacture to distributors.

There's a lot of chips and circuitry that goes into them as well remember (plus camera components, speakers, etc etc).

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.harveynorman.com.au/nokia-6-1-with-android-one-black.html

Seriously grab one of these. Quality build, honed from a single piece of aluminium.

Most phones these days are a glass sandwhich. Give em a short jab and they crack like a boxer with a glass jaw.

Drop the Nokia 6.1 and your more worried about the concrete being damaged. It's a well spec phone too.

Go hold one in your hand and you will know what I mean. Oozes quality.. it's like the maglight of phones you could hit someone over the head with one.

https://www.mobilescout.com/tech/news/n106465/nokia-6-2018-durability-test-build-quality.html

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a good value phone, but in no way does it even come close to the S10.
Whilst I agree with you if you read the spec sheet, but what sort of functions do you perform day to day that the Nokia 6.1 would not cope or you would notice a difference using the Samsung S10?

Also note the Nokia runs a basic version of the android software which is not as demanding on the hardware. The Samsung runs a bloated version.

One area I ask you check is build quality. Touch the Nokia, it's a well made device, carved out of metal.. the Samsung? It has a glass jaw.

Maybe if you are a pro grade photographer get the Samsung S10 but the Nokia has a 16mp Zeiss optics camera, it's ok.

You can buy 4 Nokia phones for the price of the Samsung S10.. the samsung ain't 4 X the phone.. maybe the Samsung is 5% better

Last edited: