Opinion Where is the Harper brigade?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So when he turns in a 10/10 performance we'll bag the club out and go full negative on them. But when he plays poorly it's crickets no one says the club made the correct decision.
one poor game in the how many he has played for Bulldogs / manly ....

Malla

Reaction score
I never rated him but I think he deserved a crack with us if Holland and Montoya were continuously getting a crack, thats all.

Nothing was more frustrating than watching Holland be a shit ****, or Montoya dropping balls and losing us games and of course Smith with some of the most laziest plays ever.. but yeah they are all shit

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Harper will not make fiddy NRL games.

You heard it here first.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Harper is a loss. We need to keep as many talented kids. Harper has more upside than the players who got a run this year. Keeping kids, investing in them long term is why the roosters can pay 1mill to Cronk and teddy. We won't win a premiership by buying 13 players. The aim is to recruit 30 16 /18 year olds, invest time into them and with hard work 6 to 8 will become 1st graders. Have that stream coming through and will be able to sign top tier players consistently if the bottom tier is producing.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Harper isn’t the biggest talent so I’m happy he’s been given an opportunity. Hopefully he works hard and cracks a regular first grade spot for Manly. He’s not a big loss for us really

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Harper was a loss as I thought he showed attacking potential in the lower grades

that said, what is really being emphasised by the likes of Wakeham, Harper, Okunbor etc. in FG is just how little talent we have coming through the junior grades

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I felt sorry for him. Up to yesterday’s game he has been great. Everyone has a shit game from time to time. Hopefully he will come back better for the experience. But I feel he may get dropped for Moses suli.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I felt sorry for him. Up to yesterday’s game he has been great. Everyone has a shit game from time to time. Hopefully he will come back better for the experience. But I feel he may get dropped for Moses suli.
He has always had defensive issues and that’s the main reason that Dean Pay wouldn’t play him in first grade

run1500

Waterboy
Reaction score
He has always had defensive issues and that’s the main reason that Dean Pay wouldn’t play him in first grade
He has an average of 82% efficiency. Yep had a bad game on Friday but other than that he has been bloody solid for Manly. People jump on players so quickly when they have a bad game and forget the good that the players have done. He didn’t get game time with us so
moved and has now played over 20 games for Manly and is now experiencing finals footy. Good on him. The experience of finals football will be invaluable to him and the youngsters in that side.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has an average of 82% efficiency. Yep had a bad game on Friday but other than that he has been bloody solid for Manly. People jump on players so quickly when they have a bad game and forget the good that the players have done. He didn’t get game time with us so
moved and has now played over 20 games for Manly and is now experiencing finals footy. Good on him. The experience of finals football will be invaluable to him and the youngsters in that side.
I get what you’re saying but don’t underestimate the value of playing in a good team. I mean look at the other centre, Brad Parker. Do you think he makes any other NRL team? Probably not, but he fits in and does a job in this current manly team.

An average player called Daryl Millard looked like Inglis when he was playing outside SBW. Point is, sometimes the quality around you hides your deficiencies

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a shocker but had been playing well before that

run1500

Waterboy
Reaction score
I get what you’re saying but don’t underestimate the value of playing in a good team. I mean look at the other centre, Brad Parker. Do you think he makes any other NRL team? Probably not, but he fits in and does a job in this current manly team.

An average player called Daryl Millard looked like Inglis when he was playing outside SBW. Point is, sometimes the quality around you hides your deficiencies
Of course having a quality team around you lifts your play. Parker and Harper have been doing the job that has been asked of them - to defend. I think they have been givens bit of a hard rap - but that is the nature of the beast. People only remember a players last game. What I will say is that I think when players have a bad game they probably feel worse than anything has to say. I would say Harper - who is a work horse will learn from this. I wish him luck. It’s just sad that he had to leave here to get game time.