Where is our improvement coming from next year

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The army camps were Ciraldo's idea. We are 100% going to have one. Ciraldo will flog the shit out of these *****. Make them eat dirt. TPJ in particular.

1661610085333.png

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Cameron Ciraldo is a great coach. Alot of duds are soon to be gone at the end of this year, we have heaps of cap space for some juicy signings for 2024 in which can be signed this off season. Phil Gould appears to be signing some nice young prospects from other clubs and outer states. We seem to be targeting the right needed positions in the team for what’s available eg. Sullivan, Hunt, Crighton to play FB, Munster.
Sounds like the cap doesn't apply to us. Do you remember 2002? It was the 20th anniversary of the darkest day in Bulldogs history the other day.....your not proposing we go back there are you? There's only 1 sombrero allowed in the NRL.....and it doesn't belong to us!!!

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sounds like the cap doesn't apply to us. Do you remember 2002? It was the 20th anniversary of the darkest day in Bulldogs history the other day.....your not proposing we go back there are you? There's only 1 sombrero allowed in the NRL.....and it doesn't belong to us!!!
Sounds like you have no idea about salary cap management lol

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, that won't affect our salary cap much.
Salary cap will increase and we can fill the rest of the positions with minimum wage juniors. I think these positions is the most where we lack, even tho every other position is sorted out.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
This man sucks the rugby league ability out of players. See what a normal pre-season can do with Ciraldo.
View attachment 58538
Maybe you should ask the players from Penrith that played under both coaches their opinion on Barrett and Ciraldo. Does that make sense?
Barrett was purportedly the attacking coach, so I assume Ciraldo is the defensive coach.?
I genuinely fail to see, since these guys were BOTH the assistants at Penrith, that one was shit and the other the messiah. Do the players back this up?
Sounds to be like some serious rewriting of history is going on here.
We wrecked Barrett's Head Coaching ambitions, and may be able to do the same to Ciraldos.
Seriously, I can see Ciraldo going on gardening leave and an SOS going out to S Flanagan by Round 10 of 2024.
Another rookie coach WE DONT NEED.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get rid of exactly 10 players:

Luke Thompson: 800k (Payne Haas and chip in Chris Patolo's salary and sign a minimum wage junior)
Josh Jackson: 600k (Liam Martin, plays the exact same position as Josh Jackson)
Kyle Flanagan: 450k (Victor Radley is on the same exact salary and is a spine player also)
Corey Allan: 350-500k
Corey Waddell: ??
Jake Averillo: ??
Ava Seumanufagai: ??
Jayden Okunbor: ??
Chris Patolo: ??
Braidon Burns: ??

Last edited:

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you should ask the players from Penrith that played under both coaches their opinion on Barrett and Ciraldo. Does that make sense?
Barrett was purportedly the attacking coach, so I assume Ciraldo is the defensive coach.?
I genuinely fail to see, since these guys were BOTH the assistants at Penrith, that one was shit and the other the messiah. Do the players back this up?
Sounds to be like some serious rewriting of history is going on here.
We wrecked Barrett's Head Coaching ambitions, and may be able to do the same to Ciraldos.
Seriously, I can see Ciraldo going on gardening leave and an SOS going out to S Flanagan by Round 10 of 2024.
Another rookie coach WE DONT NEED.
Here's a tip have a look at their overall records of coaching including Cleary before Ciraldo got to Penrith.

Clearly there is a reason why Gus signed him and that was due in part at his tenure at the Panthers as an assistant coach but CC has coached as a head coach previously. He's had 8 years grounding I think the guys ready to coach a FG NRL team and Panthers are dirty they're losing him.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Salary cap will increase and we can fill the rest of the positions with minimum wage juniors. I think these positions is the most where we lack, even tho every other position is sorted out.
Mitchell, Hunt & Haas would take over $3M alone. No club but the Roosters could fit them under their cap. Gus needs to learn to play golf very badly like Nick does.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get rid of exactly 10 players:

Luke Thompson: 800k
Josh Jackson: 600k
Kyle Flanagan: 450k
Corey Allan: 350-500k
Corey Waddell: ??
Jake Averillo: ??
Ava Seumanufagai: ??
Jayden Okunbor: ??
Chris Patolo: ??
Braidon Burns: ??
How do you do that when a) nobody wants them & b) all but 1 are contracted for 2023? Yep, Okunbor's money is going to allow us to sign Latrell Mitchell & Ben Hunt alone!

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you do that when a) nobody wants them & b) all but 1 are contracted for 2023? Yep, Okunbor's money is going to allow us to sign Latrell Mitchell & Ben Hunt alone!
Luke Thompson: 800k (Payne Haas and chip in Chris Patolo's or Jayden Okunbor's salary and sign a minimum wage junior)
Kyle Flanagan: 450k (Victor Radley is on the same exact salary and is a spine player also)

Positions 8, 12, and 13 are sorted. Even tho, positions 1 and 7 will be hard.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Luke Thompson: 800k (Payne Haas and chip in Chris Patolo's or Jayden Okunbor's salary and sign a minimum wage junior)

Positions 8, 12, and 13 are sorted. Even tho, positions 1 and 7 will be hard.
Who is taking Thompson on full freight? Who is taking Patolo or Okunbor even if we give them away?
Who would take Jackson at $600K?
Who would take Flanagan on $1 let alone $450k?

Therein lies the problem. We have players that nobody wants & already have contracts with us. It ain't happening bro!

P.S.

It's though not tho.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who is taking Thompson on full freight? Who is taking Patolo or Okunbor even if we give them away?
Who would take Jackson at $600K?
Who would take Flanagan on $1 let alone $450k?

Therein lies the problem. We have players that nobody wants & already have contracts with us. It ain't happening bro!

P.S.

It's though not tho.
It certainly has been a slow rebuild but we do get Kikau, Mahoney and Sutton next year. Problem is we still have a lot of players that are still on contract until the end of next season. So more pain to endure, not as much as this year but '24 we should be looking like Finals material.