Where does Lewis Belong ?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis needs to play like a half should. That includes passing, kicking, and setting up the plays as per the game plan.
ATM he plays more like another back rower. He makes 25-30 tackles. He and the coach need to decide if he's a half or another forward.
Kicking wise when Foran plays he kicks over 400 metres a game, when Cogger plays he only needs to do half that. He's currently 4th on the NRL tables of kick metres and number of kicks, fair to say if Cogger wasn't taking some of his responsibility whilst Foran is injured then he'd be the #1 kickier in the NRL.

Tackles wise, to date some teams have run a lot of plays at him but that has been reducing as the season goes on as they are realising he is far from a weak link in defence. Numerically Jackson and CHN make ~50% more tackles than Lewis, similarly Elliot on a minutes played basis, so he's not really playing "more like a back rower", well not our back rowers anyway.

On a team running last (or equal 10th depending on how we look at it) his 5 x forced drop outs, 3 x try assists, 5 x line break assists and 3 x offloads doesn’t look too shabby to me for a rookie half with only 16 NRL appearances.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson is not a ball playing person. He used to be, but as a few commentators have commented on, his game has changed. One thing we do need is more creativity throughout the spine. Jackson out wide would improve the team (and it's where he played when selected for NSW and was seen as a great player), and Martin's kicking is NOT a reason to keep him in the top side. Martin has too many other flaws in his game, and wouldn't make too many other teams. For me I see Martin as a depth player at best and at his age, has not got a lot of improvement left in him. At worst Holland could get back to goal kicking, and who knows whom else may have a boot on them.

It's a no brainer from me.
Jackson started off the season in the 2nd row and the improvement when he was moved to lock was dramatic. Which didn't go unnoticed by many of TK. FWIW, in 2017 Jackson won the Man of the Match playing lock for NSW, pretty unusual for someone on the losing side.

To me it's horrible idea with a lot of downsides (more than one) and no real upside (even the one is questionable).

Go Dogs

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another week and another game has passed, we got the win which was great! Yet I'm still here scratching my head about where Lewis should play... he was sloppy all night, poor decisions and wayward passes throughout.
Like all of you here I applaud the kid for his attitude and defence, however if Foran was fit (based on his early season form) I'd have Lewis in 14 or in NSW cup.
Are you serious? He is taking all of the pressure since Foz has been injured.. And you can see that in the way Cogs is progressing compared to having to bare it all when he came up last year for the Knights.. Pull your head in and be happy we got a well deserved win.. Too much negativity from the Kennel these days..

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
People rate Cogger higher than Lewis? Wow

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Are you serious? He is taking all of the pressure since Foz has been injured.. And you can see that in the way Cogs is progressing compared to having to bare it all when he came up last year for the Knights.. Pull your head in and be happy we got a well deserved win.. Too much negativity from the Kennel these days..
Haha did you even read my post... what a dud response

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dead man walking... what's all the fierce supporters opinion this week ?