Where and how far do i have to travel to get near-pollution free skies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Actually Hawkesbury Heights has a lookout which of a night you can get some nice starshots. But it's a bit of a hoon road, and at times can seem a little unsafe if alone.

Wisemans Ferry also has some nice areas with clear skies.
Yeah i'll be doing this alone, so the safer, the better lol. I might suss out Wisemans ferry, seems fairly close. Cheers!

about 6 to 8 hours travel to find that

also have you considered doing some storm photography
damn, well there goes that idea (desert sky etc).

Yeah i have tried it before, but it's pretty hard trying to figure out where and when the storms are going to hit. I'm always too far away to capture anything.

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Three Sisters up in the Blue Mountains, Amazing view.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Yeah i'll be doing this alone, so the safer, the better lol. I might suss out Wisemans ferry, seems fairly close. Cheers!

damn, well there goes that idea (desert sky etc).

Yeah i have tried it before, but it's pretty hard trying to figure out where and when the storms are going to hit. I'm always too far away to capture anything.
it would be pretty easy to photograph storms when they are off the coast wouldnt they?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Did you make that user title? or was that a present from one of your many fans?
Yeah, last time i went i couldn't stop looking up. The clarity is insane.
Nope, someone changed it last year, not sure who but I can't seem to change it either

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Guyra - I think that's how you spell it (near armidale). The highest altitude highway in NSW, on a clear night it's the blackest sky I've ever seen, no pollution, no lights. Take your woollies though, I went in the middle of winter, coldest I've ever been !!

Status
Not open for further replies.