When should we consider re-signing Dufty ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dolphins are a big chance of making him a pitch any day now if they haven't already. He's the only name fullback off contract available for 2023. If they already had a fullback I'd be happy to wait longer but can we afford to ?

Yes I know he's only played 1 game for us but he was the difference tonight. It would likely save money also. If we wait til he kills it for us how much will we be paying then bidding against the Dolphins ?

Some other things from tonight's game that surprised me:
- Alamoti seemed slower than I expected
- Unsurprisingly Averillo proved again he's not a half. It's worrying that Barrett still persists with him there. He's never been an organiser, incapable of ballplaying. No way would he ever be as good as Dufty at fullback either. He's a centre at best.
- Thompson still doesn't seem worth his pay packet.
- Cook brings a lot more options in attack than JMK.
- In the off season Okunbor obviously didn't stay back at training to put in extras at catching a footy. Why not ?

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Put it this way.
He was our only attacking option tonight and we desperately need options.

One year extension next week after the Sharks :grinning:

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was good tonight and was the difference in a poor showing, but we do need to see him in a full strength line up.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven’t seen Burton play in a Dogs jersey yet… but I’d much rather be waving the big $$$$ towards him ASAP!

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You Don't seem to have to much to say about Matt Dufty tonight, Unusual for you Mutt, Well we told you so, there's your proof tonight, he is a quality player and a great Fullback, do you still what to exchange him for your girl friend Averillo at Fullback. go ahead make my day

1645443239812.png

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dolphins are a big chance of making him a pitch any day now if they haven't already. He's the only name fullback off contract available for 2023. If they already had a fullback I'd be happy to wait longer but can we afford to ?

Yes I know he's only played 1 game for us but he was the difference tonight. It would likely save money also. If we wait til he kills it for us how much will we be paying then bidding against the Dolphins ?

Some other things from tonight's game that surprised me:
- Alamoti seemed slower than I expected
- Unsurprisingly Averillo proved again he's not a half. It's worrying that Barrett still persists with him there. He's never been an organiser, incapable of ballplaying. No way would he ever be as good as Dufty at fullback either. He's a centre at best.
- Thompson still doesn't seem worth his pay packet.
- Cook brings a lot more options in attack than JMK.
- In the off season Okunbor obviously didn't stay back at training to put in extras at catching a footy. Why not ?
Dolphins will land Reece Walsh who’ll do his absolute best to reneg out of that Warriors contract.
Dolphins have also been heavily linked to Selwyn Cobbo who looks like being a super star in the future.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fully agree with you, we have not seen anything like that since the Babar left, as soon as Dufty got that ball you new it was going to be a try, there's no substitute for speed,
How good was it to know 70m out that it was going to be a try. Soon as I saw Dufty in the clear I celebrated.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He showed more enthusiasm in that 1st half cameo than he did all season at the Dragons last year. I guess it was the coach after all, said Hook told him to play a certain way.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good on Dufty but he still has a long way to go. I know he will lay on a lot of our tries and whenever he gets in the clear it'll be lights out but he has to prove himself in defence.