When is the NBA going to lower the height of the ring to cater for short people?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all this inclusion business, how come the NBA gets away with it.. they place a ring/net 10 foot in the air so so short arse can dunk or play basketball. Why do they hate short people?

If they would lower the ring to say 6feet, then every man and his dog could dunk. It makes it fair?

Look at every other sport..

Boxing has weight categories to include little people who can't punch

Rugby league has different positions and requirements to include big people and short people. We can see Nelson asofa solomona trample Luke Brooks

Cricket has tall people and short people that can participate

UFC has different weight categories

Tennis caters for big people and short people

Why does the NBA get away with it? Lower your ring to 6 feet! Or at least have another division for short people, 6 foot high ring for short arses and then the full size premium game afterwoods? Or two nets on each end? One mini one and the full size?

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What the hell are you on about buddy.
Look at Steph Curry short as but shoots 3s all day

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all this inclusion business, how come the NBA gets away with it.. they place a ring/net 10 foot in the air so so short arse can dunk or play basketball. Why do they hate short people?

If they would lower the ring to say 6feet, then every man and his dog could dunk. It makes it fair?

Look at every other sport..

Rugby league has different positions and requirements to include big people and short people. We can see Nelson asofa solomona trample Luke Brooks

Cricket has tall people and short people that can participate

UFC has different weight categories

Tennis caters for big people and short people

Why does the NBA get away with it? Lower your ring to 6 feet! Or at least have another division for short people, 6 foot high ring for short arses and then the full size premium game afterwoods? Or two nets on each end? One mini one and the full size?
Farkin short people ruining it for everyone.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Dare you to get in the ring with Manny Pacquiao.

Nate Robinson won a few dunk comps I think. Also Blue Boost forgot to ask why are there no tall jockeys or formula one drivers

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's listed at 6'3".. He's probably only 6ft though.. NBA love to exaggerate

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
will happen if basketball gains more popularity in the asia countries.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also Blue Boost forgot to ask why are there no tall jockeys or formula one drivers
Excellent observation. But the horse racing industry should also allow big 6 foot 7 inch jockeys to ride horse also. Imagine Shaq riding a winner..

Seriously why should the NBA and horse racing industry be so discriminative..

Lower the ring height NBA

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
What the hell, what about Spud Webb? Won the Dunk Comp and was only 5'6". Allen Iverson was 5'11" and dominated for years and could dunk with the best of them. Muggsy Bogues, 5'3" and played 14 years in the NBA.

Your infatuation with short people being inferior is quite lame to be honest. Hopefully a dwarf headbutts you in the nuts one day!

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
there were suggestions about lowering the ring for WNBA games to make them more entertaining but the WNBA players found that suggestion to be "insulting"

as for shorter players, Isiah Thomas was the best player on a championship team and was proclaimed one of the 50 greatest NBA players ever in 1996-97 without a similarly qualified teammate alongside him... and was 6'1"

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Dare you to get in the ring with Manny Pacquiao.

Nate Robinson won a few dunk comps I think. Also Blue Boost forgot to ask why are there no tall jockeys or formula one drivers
Or Kostya Tszyu.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I find basketball entertaining with taller people and taller rings.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
. Hopefully a dwarf headbutts you in the nuts one day!
Or I knee them in the face.

I'm actually trying to stand tall, stand up (excuse the pun) for short people. Why can't they play in the NBA and be able to dunk and entertain to earn the tall money (again excuse the pun)

Instead they are belittled (another pun) to be spectators only.

Show me a short bloke in a slam dunk contest?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Or I knee them in the face.

I'm actually trying to stand tall, stand up (excuse the pun) for short people. Why can't they play in the NBA and be able to dunk and entertain to earn the tall money (again excuse the pun)

Instead they are belittled (another pun) to be spectators only.

Show me a short bloke in a slam dunk contest?
You obviously didn't read my post too well as I mentioned Spud Webb won the Dunk Comp in 1986.