When do criminals sleep?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
are car wreckers legit businesses?

do they rob cars, then strip em? Make for a tidy profit. Otherwise where do they get their stock? There is one near me that coincidently has three of the same turbo car, pretty new models, no damage at all to them but in a wrecking yard?

they gotta get up early in the morning to fool me

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Brother in Law had his Navara stolen around late afternoon whilst visiting his mother on his way home from work and due to having his car jump started prior, he had to keep the car running in the driveway. Right after he went into his mother’s place, the shitheads pounced and ran around town throwing rocks at cop cars and even ram raided the convenience shop near what used to be 1300 Smiles Stadium. As it was my brother in law’s car that did the damage, my sister and BIL took the courtesy to apologise to the owners of that shop.

At the time, our Mother was only a few days prior had been admitted to Palliative Care and we really didn’t need that shit.

Other than that, we have a huge problem with car thieves in Townsville especially of the juvenile type and I’m sure they don’t even go to school. We even get told to hide our keys - well WTF is the point when those shitheads know where to look…….grrrr
Yep, big problem with youth crime in general, in many regional towns/cities, but a lot of it seems to be car theft.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
are car wreckers legit businesses?

do they rob cars, then strip em? Make for a tidy profit. Otherwise where do they get their stock? There is one near me that coincidently has three of the same turbo car, pretty new models, no damage at all to them but in a wrecking yard?

they gotta get up early in the morning to fool me
Yeah they are. The thing is they'll buy any car but pay under the market money for it. In some cases they'll strip the cars clean and sell the parts as spares, and in other cases just crush the metal and sell it as a recyclable metal product (for use on things like window frames etc...). They also buy the cars legally by having them signed over to them, and what have you. In other cases they'll keep certain cars in the yard for some time and sell if there's any interest in them being bought - but that's of course not including cars that have been stacked up on top of each other (see below). There's a lot of red tape attached to the job but it can result in a big profit if it's done right.

1683686806272.png

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do most crimes happen at night when no one is looking or no one can see? Or do they happen at midday in open daylight.

If Criminals are out in the night doing no good, when do they sleep? when do they work? Not many crimes are committed between 5:30am and about 9am are they?

I'm sure there are a few criminals that are on here supporting the dogs so let us know, when do criminals sleep?

Always welcome to respond with my mate sleeps at X hour etc to cover up your own patterns. or say the neighbour down the road is always leaving at 1am and comes back at 5am etc?
Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The smart crims are online scamming people these days so I have no idea when they sleep but that’s where the money is.
You know what, you're right, but when you're tech-savvy you can tell if it's a scam or not.

I actually thrive on receiving the calls on my home or mobile phone number when they try and trick you, just so I can play along for a few minutes before they hang up knowing I'm onto them.

They're becoming very clever too. I've been getting a lot of WhatsApp requests from people claiming to be from recruitment agencies, and wanting my permission for their colleague to contact me on there, and tell me about these great job opportunities. I'd say it's all about getting a copy of your CV for identity theft purposes.

They even take to Instagram these days and try to encourage people to invest into crypto lol.

One thing is for sure, I don't pay for anything unless I've bought/ordered it.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
dont car break ins usually happen at night... when people are asleep
Always wondered how blokes knock off mecs, porches and like that without the keys, because of all the security on them.