Opinion What's wrong with the dogs?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
H

How about our attack? Lol we were last in attack points last year or close to it but get this. We are actually worse this year and the worst in the comp. lol massive progress their
That is so bad. The old senile board need to swallow there pride and remove pay. Are board elections next year? Because if they are they are so going to get voted out.

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’ve tried to give Pay a chance. But he can’t keep blaming our young inexperienced roster. Manly and Canberra had poorer more inexperienced rosters when we played them and we were beaten by better game plans by better coaches. Pay is the problem that needs to be fixed.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd go Toovey for next year.

He will have 12months to build a squad for 2021. I also want Ennis and Kimorley in the coaching ranks
I get why you think Tooves, tough competitor and stuff. But I can't cop any more Manly crap. Leave dopey where he is as coach but bring in outside help for the halves and forwards like Ennis and Kimorley like you suggest and a football manager like Griffin or another former 1st grade coach with experience to rattle his cage.

Buy or find the best junior recruiter we can and pour shitloads extra money into our juniors.

Then if that still fails, secretly steal Bellamy on drug money from Melbourne and player managers will start talking to us again.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Question we should be asking is what is right with the dogs, but then we would be saying nothing....

Abysmal tactics being used and unless the players are just plain dumb and so unable to follow a game plan the coach has a great deal to answer for. I did not even bother to listen to the presser because it will just be the same old...we are a young side, we are learning etc. etc. FFS we know that , but the only thing we are proficient at at the moment is shooting ourselves in the foot and losing...not a good habit to have. So frustrating watching our side and truth be told these days I just don't expect a win. It was an extremely quiet four hour drive home last night because there was nothing positive to talk about and we were just so over it all......we played a grand total of 5 minutes of footy last night out of the eighty against a side missing a lot of their regular roster....

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't talk about moving the club. I won't support them or the game whatsoever.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call for Toovey getting louder and louder we need our mongrel back he’s a mongrel alright while we at it pour money into the juniors lots of money win them over win the parents over to wanna play for us not just laugh at us

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Massive overreaction on social media. For those calling for relocation you obviously never go to the games or you dont live in Sydney. For those calling for changing coach I ask politely to whom? Remember Goulds excuse for sacking Griffin was that he was old fashioned and had lost the sheds, while Flanagan had been knee deep in controversy so best to leave him alone. We just changed the Admin a year ago. So do you want Dib to return? Or maybe Mr Oasis salary cap fiasco McIntyre.?
Rome wasnt built in a day nor can we turn around the Titanic that is a football Club in just a couple of seasons...when Hasler disrespected our junior development for 5 years.
I ask for calm. Respect the process. Enjoy the flashes of brilliance we get to see. Cheer loud and most of all remain loyal and support OUR TEAM. GO DOGS!!!!
“Flashes of brilliance “ you my man are fucking delusional

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need to give someone a go till the end of the year only see how they go if good sign for next year if not look around

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Massive overreaction on social media. For those calling for relocation you obviously never go to the games or you dont live in Sydney. For those calling for changing coach I ask politely to whom? Remember Goulds excuse for sacking Griffin was that he was old fashioned and had lost the sheds, while Flanagan had been knee deep in controversy so best to leave him alone. We just changed the Admin a year ago. So do you want Dib to return? Or maybe Mr Oasis salary cap fiasco McIntyre.?
Rome wasnt built in a day nor can we turn around the Titanic that is a football Club in just a couple of seasons...when Hasler disrespected our junior development for 5 years.
I ask for calm. Respect the process. Enjoy the flashes of brilliance we get to see. Cheer loud and most of all remain loyal and support OUR TEAM. GO DOGS!!!!
Nah everyone this man speaks sense! We are better to come plum last and lose every sponsor due to poor performances. That's truly the only way we can rebuild!

FACT: Griff had the Panthers playing brilliantly, and I can tell you from someone inside the club that the Gus excuse was BS. Griff still remains close with several players at the Panthers (and some that have moved on to other clubs). Gould was looking for an excuse to bring Cleary's together... a move that backfired in spectacular fashion and cost him his position on the board.

Give me Gould and Griff over Anderson and Pay any day of the week.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sack coach, sack players, sack management. Maybe even move whole club to western Australia. Need fresh start.
So you want to support the Perth Reds Not the Canterbury Bulldogs?

Sorry dude, wrong forum.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
H

How about our attack? Lol we were last in attack points last year or close to it but get this. We are actually worse this year and the worst in the comp. lol massive progress their
That’s the disappointing thing.we all thought we would improve on last year I didn’t think top 8 but around 9th or 10th
Just shows how much we miss the Morris boys in attack.josh was a solid defender.but he didn’t want to stay which is understandable and to rub salt into the wounds he is playing origin.its like he had wound back the clock.good on him.in there replacement we brought fringe first graders.i kept positive but we haven’t got anything.young blokes that are trying but we are being out classed.we need some talent but there isn’t any.thats the worrying sign for us who do we target?
I hope we don’t become Newcastle and languish down the bottom for the next two years...

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call for Toovey getting louder and louder we need our mongrel back he’s a mongrel alright while we at it pour money into the juniors lots of money win them over win the parents over to wanna play for us not just laugh at us
Toovs did nothing as a coach. He come in and coached a side that Des put together full of stars...once a few of players moved on it all went to shit and they hosed him.

Toovs SuperCoach is a myth

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s the disappointing thing.we all thought we would improve on last year I didn’t think top 8 but around 9th or 10th
Just shows how much we miss the Morris boys in attack.josh was a solid defender.but he didn’t want to stay which is understandable and to rub salt into the wounds he is playing origin.its like he had wound back the clock.good on him.in there replacement we brought fringe first graders.i kept positive but we haven’t got anything.young blokes that are trying but we are being out classed.we need some talent but there isn’t any.thats the worrying sign for us who do we target?
I hope we don’t become Newcastle and languish down the bottom for the next two years...
Unfortunately it seems like Us languishing down the bottom the next 2 years is highly likely. Sad times ahead :(

superman75

Waterboy
Reaction score
So you want to support the Perth Reds Not the Canterbury Bulldogs?

Sorry dude, wrong forum.
Not really what's the point of supporting the Bulldogs team when they are really woeful and it hasn't changed since last year. I go to every game so I'm a true supporter, but this supporter has had enough. This club needs a big change for it to be successful again.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not really what's the point of supporting the Bulldogs team when they are really woeful and it hasn't changed since last year. I go to every game so I'm a true supporter, but this supporter has had enough. This club needs a big change for it to be successful again.
There is no doubt we need change, but wanting to change the location, name and colours of the club just sounds like you are looking for a new club.