Some others worth a mention:

Only God Can Judge Me
2 of Amerikas most wanted
I Ain't Mad At cha
California Love
Skandalouz

M

MikeyP..

But Tupac is quite good. Although, the hektiks and retarded dj's have ruined pac's music for me.

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
Excuse the long post. I've been a massive fan of his since I was a young teen (and he was actually alive) but even I know that he was very much overrated as an emcee. The thing that made him a star was his charisma, his work ethic, his early schooling in performing arts and the fact that his mother was part of the black panther movement.

He was one of the best people you could have that could portray the "thug" persona in that era down to a tee because of his upbringing and roots. He was far from that but millions could relate to it (and still do...a little too much it seems).

It took him 3 albums to make a hit record. His best album by far was Me Against the World and next best & 7 day theory. All Eyez on Me was pretty much done for his record label and there was at least 10 unnecessary filler tracks.

It's hard to pick 1 song because he knew how to make chart toppers, aggressive raps and of course the introspective ballads. That whole combination is what made him so amazing and the fact he did all this by age 25 makes him seem almost angelic.

There are heaps of artists who are up there, if not greater than 2Pac. But many of them spawned from the legacy he left. People can argue all they want but Jay-Z, Eminem, Biggie and Nas are all up there. But for someone from the East Coast originally, his lyrical skills were nowhere near his NYC comrades.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
I Aint Mad At Cha
California Love
Ghetto Gospel
Hit Em Up
All About You
Changes
Hail Mary
Until The End Of Time
How Do You Want It
Life Goes On

I know I dont really scream out 2pac fan but I spent alot of my early adolescence with older cousins that were typical lebbo 2pac freaks :o :p lol

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Too many, but If i had to name one, Wonder why they call u b__th

I love this song

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
I got several favourites;

* to live n die in yagoona
* ambitionz as a car re-birtha
* 2 of calcutta's most smelliest
* wonda why they call you ayr
* Samira's got a baby
* wonder if brighton's got a ghetto

top class trax mayne :whacky:

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
i really cant pick favs. i pretty much know most tupac songs which people find hard to believe as i dont pump up that music anymore unless at home. I have an external HD just full of tupac songs, video clips, MTV clips and docos

somi98

Waterboy
Reaction score
Changes very inspirational
hit em up pumping up
ambitionz as a rider mad beat
but apart from that the rest are just genuwine classics
best rappers from the 90s 2Pac,ice cube,eazy e,biggie,dr dre

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
Changes very inspirational
hit em up pumping up
ambitionz as a rider mad beat
but apart from that the rest are just genuwine classics
best rappers from the 90s 2Pac,ice cube,eazy e,biggie,dr dre
You're forgetting Wu Tang Clan, Nas, Jay-Z, Rakim, Mobb Deep, Scarface, Outkast, Big Daddy Kane, LL Cool J etc. Even throw in BNTH. All are on the level of/higher than 2Pac/NWA as "rappers". As artists it's a different story and Pac is probably top 5 of all time in terms of the total package.

p.s; Doc Dre is a (dope) producer who can rap only via ghostwritten lyrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.