Opinion Whats the point of female refs in the NRL

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They're just a different shade of shit in a septic tank of corruption. But I got the shots last year with Casey Badger I think as the video ref. The verbal gymnastics she did justifying screwing us out of a try pissed me off.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
No reason women cant. Although because they havent been doing it long in fg, might take a few years for them to reach the level of shitiness of the men.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s one of my fave shitfight starters in mixed company. It fucking pisses me off that every male dominated sport, RL, Boxing, Motorsport, Cricket, AFL etc is being dominated by female representation in commentary.

BUT… when we see female dominated sport like Netball or soccer, RL, Basketball or Hockey etc it’s all chicks commentary with the odd token gay white guy…

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because we’re InCluSivE. It’s good for the world if everyone is InCluSivE. Ability doesn’t matter. Just be nice to everyone!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s one of my fave shitfight starters in mixed company. It fucking pisses me off that every male dominated sport, RL, Boxing, Motorsport, Cricket, AFL etc is being dominated by female representation in commentary.

BUT… when we see female dominated sport like Netball or soccer, RL, Basketball or Hockey etc it’s all chicks commentary with the odd token gay white guy…
I'd rather listen to a Kate Abdo than listen to some washed up dinosaur rambling about how great it was back in their day compared to now. Foxsports doesn't seem to have a Kate Abdo however..

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Women want equal rights in modern society but if a guy is mistreated its tough shit.
Back to the point, do they do the job properly?

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The best referees should be selected, the female or male debate is trivial selection should be skill based. Suppose that applies to any venture of life but you can’t say that, unfortunately we pick female referees to appeal to the inclusivity agenda.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The best referees should be selected, the female or male debate is trivial selection should be skill based. Suppose that applies to any venture of life but you can’t say that, unfortunately we pick female referees to appeal to the inclusivity agenda.
Exactly. It's really fucked up and it goes beyond sport.

Prime example - I used to work in a Government agency in the executive recruitment area. They said that they are aiming to have at least 50% of executive roles occupied by women.

My question... WHY? It should not matter if they are a man or a woman... you NEED to fill such a role with the person best suited to the role. Surprise surprise the head of the agency at the time who tried to implement this was... a woman :tonguewink:

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's for men to have eye candy, thank you NRL for thinking of us men in this time of need

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. It's really fucked up and it goes beyond sport.

Prime example - I used to work in a Government agency in the executive recruitment area. They said that they are aiming to have at least 50% of executive roles occupied by women.

My question... WHY? It should not matter if they are a man or a woman... you NEED to fill such a role with the person best suited to the role. Surprise surprise the head of the agency at the time who tried to implement this was... a woman :tonguewink:
Banking sector also has a quota for 50-55% women in senior leadership roles. My God there are some incompetent women landing some big roles all to tick a 'diversity' box...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Long story short, so I’m at this dinner party and there is a raging feminist ranting on about 50/50 split in employees. So I ask the question/s, currently I have 3 people in my team, 2 females and 1 male and I’m looking to add another (all true). According to her 50/50 requirement I have no choice but to hire another male, is she OK with that? Even if a female is the best candidate? Am I able to tell the recruiting agency for diversity reasons that I can only hire a male? Wouldn’t that be discrimination? She had no answers.

They can‘t handle it when the tables are turned.

FWIW, there were 5 other males at the party, one was her husband, I never bought another drink that night.

Always a Bulldog