What's the go with the Mods new little icons?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Just as an FYI Skip, the top 3 donators to the site are all moderators (including myself) who get the addons like colourful names and thumbs down etc for free anyway. We dont need to donate to get them. I contributed to help the site survive and in gratitude for the owner running it out of his own pocket for over 10 years. I will probably donate again at some point, but not to get bells and whistles, to help the place survive.

Also skip, i dont use thumbs down despite having the ability. Thats a personal choice though.

Its hard to add value to a place where people just come to post comments. How do you encourage people to donate to something that is free to use? Pretty names, banners etc are just a few of the very few extra things we can offer as a forum. Its just a way of giving the users who contribute something to say thanks for helping the site survive. You talk like we are trying to scam people.
How much does it cost to support this site annually??

Last edited by a moderator:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just as an FYI Skip, the top 3 donators to the site are all moderators (including myself) who get the addons like colourful names and thumbs down etc for free anyway. We dont need to donate to get them. I contributed to help the site survive and in gratitude for the owner running it out of his own pocket for over 10 years. I will probably donate again at some point, but not to get bells and whistles, to help the place survive.

Also skip, i dont use thumbs down despite having the ability. Thats a personal choice though.

Its hard to add value to a place where people just come to post comments. How do you encourage people to donate to something that is free to use? Pretty names, banners etc are just a few of the very few extra things we can offer as a forum. Its just a way of giving the users who contribute something to say thanks for helping the site survive. You talk like we are trying to scam people.
Guess what mate,
I donated also, and intend to again,
I don't know what you are talking about,
But I was trying to ease ecca concern,
If you have a problem with me, feel free to pm me to discuss, I'm happy to address any concerns you may have.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think mr I mentioned $10 per month if you chose to be a premium member or otherwise just donate what ever you chose to.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Cool. Thanks for your contribution! Every bit helps.

Yeh premium isnt different really to just donating, its just perhaps smaller but more frequent donations, where normal donations to get gilded are a single higher amount at a time. Both types are welcome and help keep things going and improving.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Anywhere from $150 Euro to $600 Euro just for the forum software (depending on options).

Then $40 Euro per year for maintenance + options maintenance.

Then there are the addons/modules which can vary in price. From memory $130 USD starting price for the chat addon (currently disabled), and $75 USD per upgrade thereafter.

Site Hosting anywhere from $10 USD to $960 USD MONTHLY.

Not party to exact plans so that's all very rough, but gives you an idea.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think mr I mentioned $10 per month if you chose to be a premium member or otherwise just donate what ever you chose to.
Premium Membership is $7 per month AUD (either once off or monthly rebill), $80 AUD for lifetime Premium Membership, and $100 a month if you are a business and want to be a site sponsor.

I think the only thing on the upgrade page that is advertised and not available, is the deletion of warnings on an account.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Premium Membership is $7 per month AUD (either once off or monthly rebill), $80 AUD for lifetime Premium Membership, and $100 a month if you are a business and want to be a site sponsor.

I think the only thing on the upgrade page that is advertised and not available, is the deletion of warnings on an account.
Ok,
So premium membership is $80 one off payment or $7 per month?
Is there some where on the kennel where we can read up on all the details or is it a fly by the seat of your pants type thing?
Make the rules up as you go kinda set up?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I just found it
I don't recall anything mentioned about warnings being deleted.

But I did notice if you pay $80 you get lifetime membership and that enabled you to never be permanent banned.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Cool. Thanks for your contribution! Every bit helps.

Yeh premium isnt different really to just donating, its just perhaps smaller but more frequent donations, where normal donations to get gilded are a single higher amount at a time. Both types are welcome and help keep things going and improving.
Yeah I did the gilded donation pretty much soon as I realised what it was and what it was for,
Then the premium membership came along.
All good incentives and in this world we live in, nothing comes for free.

Can I make a suggestion though
I think paying members deserve a little more value

Colour user names and extra little rainbows and things like that are just Crap that very few people really care about.

I think paying members should be given access to sections of the site that non paying members are not granted access to.

Like a non paying member get access to basic feature like bulldog discussion page and paying members get access to all the other sections like the lounge and what not.

I personally do intend to donate further to the site,
Right at the minute I have a few things going on that is restricting my disposable cash, but once I sort those issues out I will further contribute to the site.

I haven't decided if another gilded donation or a lifetime premium, will be either or.

I'd appreciate some honest feedback though on my suggestion though.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I did the gilded donation pretty much soon as I realised what it was and what it was for,
Then the premium membership came along.
All good incentives and in this world we live in, nothing comes for free.

Can I make a suggestion though
I think paying members deserve a little more value

Colour user names and extra little rainbows and things like that are just Crap that very few people really care about.

I think paying members should be given access to sections of the site that non paying members are not granted access to.

Like a non paying member get access to basic feature like bulldog discussion page and paying members get access to all the other sections like the lounge and what not.

I personally do intend to donate further to the site,
Right at the minute I have a few things going on that is restricting my disposable cash, but once I sort those issues out I will further contribute to the site.

I haven't decided if another gilded donation or a lifetime premium, will be either or.

I'd appreciate some honest feedback though on my suggestion though.
At this stage the only part of the site u dont have access to is the moderators forum. Of course users will never have access to that. Its been discussed and tried once to have a premium members forum but it died from loneliness lol. Not enough premium or gilded members for it to work. Nash though is always on the lookout for addons that add features so more options may come available in future. The coloured names and icons is an example of that. If u have any ideas of what features would be cool feel free to suggest them though and they can be looked into. As i mentioned it isnt easy to add value / options to a place where people pretty much just type messages. We want to though. You can look at Xenforo addons yourself and suggest which ones would be good. Just google Xenforo addons.

Also looks like i was wrong with premium accounts. I thought those were all ongoing payments, didnt realise that they can also be a one off payment. My bad. Thanks Mr I for the correction.

Last edited:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
At this stage the only part of the site u dont have access to is the moderators forum. Of course users will never have access to that. Its been discussed and tried once to have a premium members forum but it died from loneliness lol. Not enough premium or gilded members for it to work. Nash though is always on the lookout for addons that add features so more options may come available in future. The coloured names and icons is an example of that. If u have any ideas of what features would be cool feel free to suggest them though and they can be looked into.

Also looks like i was wrong with premium accounts. I thought those were all ongoing payments, didnt realise that they can also be a one off payment. My bad. Thanks Mr I for the correction.
Are you sure a limited site access for non paying members wouldn't work?

Most of the highest posting members are paying members already. And I guarantee many non paying members would become a paying member to access sections they are missing out on,
I'd pay for a 1 off access to mods lounge lol

I think when it was tried before it was called the Bulldogs army lounge was it not?

And at that time I don't think anyone knew what it was
I thought it was for a group of members who go to games together

If I knew at the time it's for anyone who coughs up some coin I would have jumped on board

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Are you sure a limited site access for non paying members wouldn't work?

Most of the highest posting members are paying members already. And I guarantee many non paying members would become a paying member to access sections they are missing out on,
I'd pay for a 1 off access to mods lounge lol

I think when it was tried before it was called the Bulldogs army lounge was it not?

And at that time I don't think anyone knew what it was
I thought it was for a group of members who go to games together

If I knew at the time it's for anyone who coughs up some coin I would have jumped on board
It is a tricky balance... and Ecca has voiced valid concerns about haves and have nots.

Bulldogs Army is a separate thing (not related to The Kennel). A lot of BA members used to be members here, but since then the Army has died off and many of its members no longer post here.

BA is to The Kennel, what The Kennel is to "The Kennel Membership" at games. No relation.

In the future though we hope to increase things so that this place is more of a community rather than just a forum. Live score updates, live game chatter, game reports across all grades, etc etc etc. All user feedback is appreciated :grinning:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
It is a tricky balance... and Ecca has voiced valid concerns about haves and have nots.

Bulldogs Army is a separate thing (not related to The Kennel). A lot of BA members used to be members here, but since then the Army has died off and many of its members no longer post here.

BA is to The Kennel, what The Kennel is to "The Kennel Membership" at games. No relation.

In the future though we hope to increase things so that this place is more of a community rather than just a forum. Live score updates, live game chatter, game reports across all grades, etc etc etc. All user feedback is appreciated :grinning:
I know we have done meet ups before but my idea was a meet up at Henson Park to watch Jets v Dogs on a Saturday afternoon.

I go to alot of Jets games and it is a top day out. $10 in a Sausage Sanga and a few $5 tinnies on the hill.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I know we have done meet ups before but my idea was a meet up at Henson Park to watch Jets v Dogs on a Saturday afternoon.

I go to alot of Jets games and it is a top day out. $10 in a Sausage Sanga and a few $5 tinnies on the hill.
Yeah or Wenty vs Dogs ..

Only problem is NSW Cup need to start winning consistently.