What's the buzz

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Elliott has better stats than Carrigan this year. Take what you want from that. That was my main point today in this thread.

Elliott
-more tries
-more try assists
-more linebreaks
-more linebreak assists
-more tackle breaks
-more offloads
-less penalties conceeded
*1.79 tackles per minute
*1.65 metres per minute

Carrigan
-more minutes
-more tackles (1.37 tackles per minute)*
-more metres (2.28 metres per minute)

(I've left out miss tackles and errors as they're equal).

If you argue against this (anyone) you're a moron.
Don't call me a moron mate!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Elliott's the one off contract, as is Tolman. Cut them loose and move on, the core makeup of the squad badly needs a shakeup.
Okay, lets cut our best forward (To'omaga is second). If we can re-sign Elliott for what he's worth or close to it why the F wouldn't we do that. Unless Thompson is Elliott's replacement to play lock (on at least twice as much AND we need another one to two props as well) we're not going to replace Elliott with anyone around his level/output for the same amount.

Last edited:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same people wanting Elliot re-signed were the ones wanting a broken down over the hill jabkson signed at the bargain basement price of 700k per annum

and Chris smith and tolman and Napa and then nek minit
Dean pay “inherited” this squad and is working with what he’s got

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We kept Elliot Jackson tolman and let go of klemmer
Brilliant idea

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We kept Elliot Jackson tolman and let go of klemmer
Brilliant idea
We had to shed players due to our salary cap position to be salary cap complaint and Klemmer was a wanted player (just like everyone else we lost, our best players at the time). Keep showing your smarts.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Problem is. You don't sign elliot. You're only going to sign someone on more money who is coming for a Pay day.

Elliot for 350k to 450k is not something to complain about.

Our issues are in the spine. Hooker priority followed by 6 & 7. We have duds. We have two (avo and wake) with potential. But we don't need potential in the halves. We need players who can deliver

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We had to shed players due to our salary cap position to be salary cap complaint and Klemmer was a wanted player (just like everyone else we lost, our best players at the time). Keep showing your smarts.
My left nut is smarter than u wanker boy
Go have a wank to Elliot pre game and get yourself in the mood
I’ll see u in 6 seconds I’m
Guessing

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
David fifita
Problem is. You don't sign elliot. You're only going to sign someone on more money who is coming for a Pay day.

Our issues are in the spine. Hooker priority followed by 6 & 7. We have duds. We have two (avo and wake) with potential. But we don't need potential in the halves. We need players who can deliver

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

We have Jackson topine coming through
They are actively chasing bateman
And one other lock having prelim talks

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
My left nut is smarter than u wanker boy
Go have a wank to Elliot pre game and get yourself in the mood
I’ll see u in 6 seconds I’m
Guessing
Haha! :D

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
David fifita
Fifita will cost at least ~1m and he's a strike second rower. We should sign one of Fifita or Bateman (~800k) tho for the edge (if we're only looking at players off contract or rumoured/reported to be breaking contract).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Oh ok, cool. I've advocated for quite some time that we need about 6 to 8 signings of varying talent and pay packet.
I'm not sure how many signings we need, all I know is that we need some proper key signings in key positions that will immediately lift us a level or two. Re-signing blokes that have been here for years is counter productive to this imo.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
For top eight we need three to five top players depending on calibre (not including Thompson). Re-signing one of our best players is definitely not counter productive.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Or you actually have coaching staff and a recruitment team that can actually do their job, promote a youngster, and then go out and recruit a genuine key player that will make a substantial difference to the side with the extra funds.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliott is statistically better than Carrigan in almost every area. The eye test also favours Elliott (e.g. competitiveness, explosiveness, etc). I sense some bias here. Elliott and Carrigan have made the same amount of miss tackles (Elliott makes more tackles per minute) and errors by the way, but Carrigan has given away more penalties. Elliott also plays for a worse team. You have a very good argument, not.
The words Elliott and explosiveness should never be used in the same sentence. Ever. Are your eyes painted on. Cardigan is leaps and bounds ahead of Elliott now and that gap will only grow bigger.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The words Elliott and explosiveness should never be used in the same sentence. Ever. Are your eyes painted on. Cardigan is leaps and bounds ahead of Elliott now and will that gap will only grow bigger.
Elliot has progressed though. Last season he was get pushed back in 95% of his hit ups by 10 metres

This season hes pushed back in 85% of his hit ups by 8 metres