What's the answer to fixing our problems ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Flanagan might improve slightly next year with Burton and others around him but I just can't see him improving enough. If he were potentially a great player I really don't think he would be constantly making poor 5th tackle options. That's on him just as much or more as the poor form of the team.

Yes Matt Burton will improve us a lot but I really don't want to see all the unfair pressure to create virtually every one of our tries on such a young inexperienced playmaker. If he is our only playmaker then he'll be easy to target by opposing teams. Flanagan is about as useful as Jack Cogger. Likes passing the ball and kicking on the 5th but that's about it and he can't even kick well.

If we're going to thrive in 2022 and beyond in my opinion we need an good steady "experienced" halfback like Reynolds. He organises. He's the best kicker in the comp too which is a bonus. He would prefer to stay in Sydney so would accept less than the Bronocs are willing to pay. The Sharks are reportedly offering 700K for 2022 but less for following years. To us he would be worth 700K for 3 years. He has a good history with injuries and would only be 33 by the end of his contract.

If we signed Reynolds the Sharks would probably take Flanagan back at closer to what we're paying him as they'll be desperate for halves.

Yes we also need Brandon Smith and a prop or 2 IF we can afford it but the main focus has to be our halves who create everything for the team. That's where we need to be as strong as possible. We don't even know yet if Cheese is a done deal. Sign Reynolds and we will have even more money available for 2023.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Adam Reynolds would provide massive experience and he is a proven performer, kicks are on point , goal kicks unreal, 90% of the time he gets it correct, and is consistent as FUCK, would be a good get for a year or two, and with the fox being able to latch onto those kicks... now that would be a great start. There is a few more try’s per game one would think.!!!

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Patience is the answer. I am confident the team will get better and with the players joining will be competitive. Not top 8 but thereabouts.

If they sign a gun 9, frontrower and Allan comes good at FB then top 8 is a possibility.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Adam Reynolds would provide massive experience and he is a proven performer, kicks are on point , goal kicks unreal, 90% of the time he gets it correct, and is consistent as FUCK, would be a good get for a year or two, and with the fox being able to latch onto those kicks... now that would be a great start. There is a few more try’s per game one would think.!!!
He wants 3+

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we sign Brandon Smith alone I'll be very optimistic about next year. That's how confident I'm that he's what we need. I wouldn't be touching Reynolds at all with what I believe we have left to spend in the salary cap for next year and what I believe we need the most. Hooker (quality) -> prop (do the job/quality) -> second rower (do the job/quality) for me.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Patience is the answer. I am confident the team will get better and with the players joining will be competitive. Not top 8 but thereabouts.

If they sign a gun 9, frontrower and Allan comes good at FB then top 8 is a possibility.
I agree whilst its been an awful few years i also think patience and we have the cavalry coming next year

Minix

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bring in Brandon Smith at all costs

Go for a holiday to the pacific nations and come home with 2 props (i would start with Fiji)

Get rid of our strength and conditioning coach, and bring in Trent Robinsons brother

Get rid of Furner and Sandercock and bring in Toovey and Mick Potter

Dean Pay to take over Potters role from mounties

Bring in Alfie Langer to run the bottles out

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been saying it since the Reynolds drama unfolded years back a guy call bob macartthy turned us into a power house changed our culture put steel in our shoulders made us winners Adam Reynolds is no bob macarthy but he’s not far off

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In hindsight an injury prone Foran would be worth more than Flannagan atm. But we really need experience in the halves, we should get Adam Reynolds as he's a proven halfback and can only help Burton
Understatement of the year.. just curious- who would the kennel rather have signed? Foran, Benji Marshall and kept someone like Tolman or Allan, Flange, Waddell for probably twice as much- hmmmmm [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

We will possibly be the worst team in Nrl history this year (we are at the moment) do you think if we had a different coach with different strategies we’d be in this position?

I wanna like Baz but he is way outta his depth and just lol at his smug statements saying that people were wrong about us signing ‘band aid solutions’ after the sharks win
Talk about premature ejaculation. We are not making the 8 next year if Barrett is coach.

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
Renalds wants 3 years, offer 750 first 2 and 500 for the last that way if he's injured in final year not costing arm and leg, he gets his pay day, and we medical retire last year if he's stuffed and sign him to halves coaching role

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me there’s one bargain buy at the moment,James segeyaro,due to finish suspension in 2 weeks,wouldn’t cost us much and very good attacking player,and has a good passing and kicking game,and has a good 3 years left in him,thoughts ?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The signings need to be prioritized. First player we need is a big aggressive prop.
Second is a skilful hooker.
Third is a running halfback.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Flanagan might improve slightly next year with Burton and others around him but I just can't see him improving enough. If he were potentially a great player I really don't think he would be constantly making poor 5th tackle options. That's on him just as much or more as the poor form of the team.

Yes Matt Burton will improve us a lot but I really don't want to see all the unfair pressure to create virtually every one of our tries on such a young inexperienced playmaker. If he is our only playmaker then he'll be easy to target by opposing teams. Flanagan is about as useful as Jack Cogger. Likes passing the ball and kicking on the 5th but that's about it and he can't even kick well.

If we're going to thrive in 2022 and beyond in my opinion we need an good steady "experienced" halfback like Reynolds. He organises. He's the best kicker in the comp too which is a bonus. He would prefer to stay in Sydney so would accept less than the Bronocs are willing to pay. The Sharks are reportedly offering 700K for 2022 but less for following years. To us he would be worth 700K for 3 years. He has a good history with injuries and would only be 33 by the end of his contract.

If we signed Reynolds the Sharks would probably take Flanagan back at closer to what we're paying him as they'll be desperate for halves.

Yes we also need Brandon Smith and a prop or 2 IF we can afford it but the main focus has to be our halves who create everything for the team. That's where we need to be as strong as possible. We don't even know yet if Cheese is a done deal. Sign Reynolds and we will have even more money available for 2023.
The answer is patience.
Now settle fuck down and take a deep breath.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The signings need to be prioritized. First player we need is a big aggressive prop.
Second is a skilful hooker.
Third is a running halfback.
A prop before a hooker. Well arn't you going to be bitterly dissapointed