What's happening with Topine?

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe Topine is not re-signed and yet Okunbor is.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe there’s more to Topine that’s been kept private. Deserves a shot we have nothing to loose.
As I have said before, his stint in first grade last year as a dummy half off the bench didn’t impress me much. But with that not being his position I won’t judge him on that.

I haven’t seen enough of him in NSW cup either to form an opinion. Based on his numbers in Cup and the Kennel always wrapping him. There has to be more to his back story than is being reported. There is a reason he isn’t being picked in first grade. When people like Waddell get picked week in week out.

One thing is for certain if it wasn’t for reading this forum you wouldn’t hear about him which is also strange. The media doesn’t seem to report on him ever

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah it’s a weird one. Hasn’t been mentioned as leaving elsewhere. Even the commentary today when he scored his try, mentioned he loves the club. Would of thought he’d get a run this year. Or are they keeping him in reserve grade to develop him, he is still eligible for Flegg.

Gus has been vocal on saying Covid ruined development for a lot of young kids. He hadn’t played much footy 20-21. Maybe just keeping him in reserve grade to develop him?
It could be a strategic decision to keep him away from first grade at this stage.
Remember, Baz blooded him early last year well before Gus arrived on the scene. On reflection, it may have been too soon and the thinking is to foster his development and allow him to further develop physically.
What is to be gained by 'trialling' him in the top grade at this point in the season if they have decided he is a keeper for next year?

Also, putting him there now risks making him ineligible for finals footy in reserves, am I right?

Hopefully he is staying. And hopefully the above strategy has been clearly explained to the kid so he is 'feeling the love' !!

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah it’s a weird one. Hasn’t been mentioned as leaving elsewhere. Even the commentary today when he scored his try, mentioned he loves the club. Would of thought he’d get a run this year. Or are they keeping him in reserve grade to develop him, he is still eligible for Flegg.

Gus has been vocal on saying Covid ruined development for a lot of young kids. He hadn’t played much footy 20-21. Maybe just keeping him in reserve grade to develop him?
This! He is only 20 and better for his development than 15 mins stints off the bench..I want him retained!