What tonights loss showed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
Are most of you forgetting that we played the majority of the game with 2 forwards off the bench, that plus the fact we were doing a lot of the defensive work, sapped way too much out of our backs.

You all should be commending the great debut performanc of Tia kalifi. Applauding the great work ennis put in around the ruck cause without him there is no way our forwards would have made any impact at all through the middle. You all should be thankful of such a great comeback game by pea. F*ck, I can't believe how negative you all are.

Keep in mind, parra through everything at us in the first half and could only muster their 2 tries from kicks. And their second half tries came from fatigue by the dogs forwards as they were through the middle. As far as I'm concerned, you all should be proud that the dogs played with thy much heart. They didn't get the bounce of the ball, no luck. But more positives came out of this loss than negatives. Pull your heads in.

B

bahadogg

its ok to lose this early in the season last year we won the most games and we should of got minor premiership because of the st george game. yet we choked the last game before the grand final

matauce

Baller
Reaction score
What tonights loss showed...

replay of last yrs semi pretty much

but the positives. its round 8. and we weren't full strength.

but still...lot of work needs to be done.

till we face them in this years grand final.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tonights loss showed that Kevin Moore is a poor coach. We lack tackling technique, we have no idea how to stop offloads and it's killing our ability to create a platform because we're always chasing in defence. How many offloads do the well coached teams (St George, Wests, Melbourne,Gold Coast) allow ? Not f....... many !
The shame of it is that he doesn't even recognise this as issue given his post game comment.
Memo Todd Greenberg - You can have the best players but if they're not well coached there's no point, forget the sentiment surrounding Moore and buy a recognised astute coach ffs - have a crack at Bellamy
Nothing is KM's fault.

He is the coach but he isn't the one on the field.

The boys definately did try, that's not the issue. The issue is even with our best foot forward, we can't go toe-to-toe with the better teams.

We beat the Roosters on a 30 degree heat day where we had 60% of the ball.

We beat Tigers team without Galloway, Moltzen and had all the ball.

We beat the Broncos who besides the Sharks, are the 2 worst teams in the comp.

Parramatta love versing us. When they verse us, they lift. How many offloads did they throw today?

And just little things. Like, Idris offloading to Waburton near their tryline and Waburton the *** juggled and dropped. If he caught it, he scores.

I still have some faith cause we had 3 internationals out.

Special mention to Idris though. He is really killing it and is probably the form centre in the NRL.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right, Moore isn't on the ground but the blokes who are don't know how to wrap the ball up when tackling. That's what a coach is for. Offloads are killing us !
3 basic things a pro footballer needs to have in his skill range 1. Catch the football 2. Pass the football 3. Make effective tackles. Our blokes struggle with all 3

Edgo

Waterboy
Reaction score
What tonight loss showed was that we have some so called fans who like nothing more than bagging their own side. I'm not sure which game you watched but I thought we played with alot of courage & commitment but not alot of luck. I haven't seen any comments noting how well the Eels played?? We are talking about last years grand finalist who seem to be getting back to their best. They are even stronger than last year with Tahu & Poore. Defensively the Eels are are very strong side & I thought we had a few opportunites where if we had scored it might have changed the course of the game, in particular turner just not being able to hold onto the ball from Kimmorleys grubber. Unfortuately many of the eels tries came from our error or a rare penalty. I thought all the boys put in a massive effort in particular Idris & Ennis.
We were down on quality troops & lost Hickey within the first 5 mins. We were beaten by a better team on the night & as shocking as it seems to be to some fans - We cannot win every game we play!! I'm upset at the loss but proud of the effort that they put in. When we get some troops back & if they can mantain that effort we will be playing in the finals.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was definately winnable, it made Moore look like he was from the dark ages, not much second faze play and not many offloads, it proves they cannot focus three weeks in a row.

B

bahadogg

idris is probably the best centre in the game at the moment but you can tell he gets really tied he is not fit maybe he should be in the forwards that way he gets more rest during the game. we need a player like him in the forwars with offloads and hard to tackle

Bashman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We were well in the game at half time even though our attacking options were down.
The turning point was our first set in the second half when on the 3rd tackle Noddy kicked the ball down field straight to Hayne and he got it back near half-way and they scored from that set. It was the dumbest play of the night. In this era of possession is gold football, to kick the ball straight to the best attcking weapon they have was questionable at the very least.
We had no options in attack all night yet Kevin Moore leaves Ben Barba on the bench until two sets of six to go in the first half. Who gives a sh!t if he can't tackle all that well, get him in the game. I think it is time for Noddy to pull up stumps. He will be a fantastic coach and I think its time we bit the bullet and went for a young halfback with speed.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
You're right, Moore isn't on the ground but the blokes who are don't know how to wrap the ball up when tackling. That's what a coach is for. Offloads are killing us !
3 basic things a pro footballer needs to have in his skill range 1. Catch the football 2. Pass the football 3. Make effective tackles. Our blokes struggle with all 3
it's up to the players not moore to wrap up the ball, if they don't know that by now they shouldn't be playing

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what are the learnings? the Dogs lack the ability to lock up the ball on the player carrying it AND without your forward pack punching through the line it makes it incredibly difficult for your 9,7,6 to get the backs into the game......the forward issue is injuries and club player depth.
Not stopping offloads & the lack of offloads in attack is our biggest concern.

Injuries or no injuries. Offloads create second phase play which also generally create quick play the balls. Which gets the defence on the back foot & allows your 9, 7 & 6 to create.

The fact our forwards are tucking it under the arm & hitting it up 10m out up to the 5th tackle is so frustrating!

Spaz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The only major reason I am gutted we lost is because it was Parra-****ing-matta of all teams. I'm going to have the worst fortnight knowing we lost to this scum. And if we lose to the Saints I may very well go insane.

Truth be said, we had a very big excuse to lose tonight. We had a lot of troops out, and a win tonight required a lot of heart from our boys against an Eels side who, if they only win one game a year, they ****ing win it against us. I'm not too upset with our boys tonight.

It was good to see our forwards stepping up to the task, but unfortunately we were pretty poor in attack. Noddy and Ennis I will say I am disappointed in. Our forwards stepped up to the task, but they went missing or brainsnapped with their 5th tackle/attacking options.

I think what tonight showed is without doubt now, we are nothing like the team we were last year. If you want to be a force, these are the kind of games you need to prove your worth. Signs were showing all year, but tonights game was one of those games where there are no excuses to lose when there is so much taking out of this game. Even injuries shouldn't be an excuse when you want to be the best team in the comp. You always go down to the wire and never die til the last second.

We were scraping through so many wins last year, against the Warriors we showed true grit. We had half our team out and still managed to beat them. That's what we are missing this year. That grit and determination to somehow always find a win, even when the worst situations are thrown at you.

Things are really not looking good for us this year. I'm starting to worry about how far we will go on the ladder this year, and whether we will scrape the 8. Our tasks don't get any easier either with the Dragons, Panthers and Melbourne coming up after our BYE.

Somewhere, and sometime very soon - we are going to have to turn our attitude and our execution around if we're ever going to be a hope of getting that glorious prize come September this year. But with each of these losses, it just seems to fade more and more away.

I do have faith in our team, and anything can happen. But the more games we play like this, the worried I become.

Thoughts?For starters the off loads killed us, someone needs to point out to them to frikin wrap the ball up in the tackle. Second, we why do we play one pass out hit up for 75 mins of they game? They need to vary the attack, and start to put some offloading and get some second phase play. If this continues, dont expect anything this year.

/QUOTE]

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
i thought the boys had a crack lastnight im not disappointed or worried in the slightest we'll roll on after origin theres long way to go

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
but still...lot of work needs to be done.

till we face them in this years grand final.
Oh yeah... we definitely are showing all the signs and skills of a GRAND FINALIST ... :rolleyes:

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We can't score tries, unless there is broken play a break made down the field leading to a long range try
or a error made by the other team, we find it very difficult to score tries when we are in the oppositions 20, its been the case all year, our kicks arnt effective and we offten chose the wrong side to attack.

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
Oh yeah... we definitely are showing all the signs and skills of a GRAND FINALIST ... :rolleyes:
I dont know about the skills of Grand Finalist , but I know few facts from yesterday's game

We completed more sets than EELS
We ran more meters than EELS
We tackled less than EELS
We had equal posession as EELS through out the game.

Only thing which killed us was second phase play , but one should amdit that EELS played their best game of the season so far.

Credit should be give where due.....Dogs did not play that bad as people are trying to make on this forum

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its easy to use the injuries as an excuse, but when you have as much as ball as we had in the first 15 minutes and do complete **** all with it, then we got no one to blame but ourselves.

Shocking performance.
Pretty much sums it up!!

QuarterWit

New Pup
Reaction score
Eels fan here but not hoping to troll.

Last night it looked like your attack was just really weak, but Parra played their best defensive game all year, with a really solid line.

Just had to chime in here and say if there's two positives you can pull from last night's game it's...

1. Idriss has really developed into a force. If only he was a bit fitter and could play as hard as he does in brief flashes for a full game he'd be real force. He's got a great ability to fend off, relatively quick and seems to pick his spots pretty well. Although I did see him miss a couple of tackles later in the game which was disappointing.

2. For the first 20 minutes or so your chase game was awesome. The kicks seemed to be badly timed, but as soon as parra gathered the ball there was two or three dogs right on top of them. For ages it seemed like Parra were struggling to get out of their 20 on the wing because of the great defence.

3. You didn't buy Mortimer.

(Also, anybody know what gave Hindmarsh the ****s last night? He almost started swinging punches at one stage but didn't see at who. At full time he looked... upset about something? Really unlike Hindmarsh and curious if anybody else saw this)

Status
Not open for further replies.